- The Groups feature allows players to share exp and buffs, and create temporary private Chat channels (/ch g) exclusive to that group.
Players may obtain buffs from being in a Group together. Players must work together to gain these bonuses. The bonuses are Attack, and Defense, from attacking monsters, and Haste from digging, or mining. These buffs have different conditions on their caps, regarding Group size.
- /join - Joins the last group you were invited to.
- /invite Name - Invites players to your Group. Can be used for multiple players, by adding more names. Example: /invite Maxarias Aikar JustinGuy IcecreamCow.
- /gpt Name- Teleports you to player Name.
- /group allowtp - Toggles the ability to teleport to other group members using /gtp.
- /group kick Name - Allows the leader to kick a player from your Group.
- /group leave - Makes you leave your current group.
- /group leader Name - Changes the group leader to the person specified.
- /group who - Show you all current members of your group.
- /group block - Blocks all incoming group invites.
- /group unblock - Unblocks all incoming group invites.
- /group xpshare - Toggles group EXP sharing on or off.
- /group pvp - Toggles damaging each other in the PvP Arenas.
- /group buffs - Toggles the ability to apply for group bonus buffs such as Haste, Resistance, and Regeneration.
- /group difficulty [#] - Locks the group to a difficulty. Setting this to 0 will allow players to choose their own difficulty.
- /group invites - Allows/disallows players other than the group leader from inviting players.
Integration with the Anti-Griefing System(top)
View the Commands: Anti-Griefing System page to view its Commands relevant to Groups.
When EMC turned 5 years old Aikar added group teleporting (see here for the announcement). Group teleporting allows members within a group to teleport to each other. Both the group leader as well as all individual players in the group can control if they want to allow other players to teleport to them.
In Town (or Town-like environments like the Wasteland and Frontier outposts) all group members can teleport to each other unlimitedly as long as teleporting is allowed within the group and as long as the destination player also allows this.
When in the waste or the wilderness some extra restrictions apply to the use of group teleportation:
- Players need to be within 48 blocks of each other. Note that this distance is measured in 3D.
- You may only teleport to other players once every 15 minutes.
EMC has many features to take advantage of that revolve around certain aspects of multiplayer Minecraft.
Looking for a more general Minecraft guide? Visit Minecraftopia!