- The Groups feature allows players to share EXP and buffs, and to create temporary private Chat channels (/ch g) exclusive to that group.
Players may obtain buffs from being in a Group together. Players must work together to gain these bonuses. The bonuses are attack and defense from attacking monsters, and Haste from digging or mining. These buffs have different conditions on their caps, depending on the group's size.
- /join - Joins the last group you were invited to.
- /invite Name - Invites players to your Group. This can be used for multiple players by adding more names. Example: /invite Maxarias Aikar JustinGuy IcecreamCow.
- /gpt Name- Teleports you to the player known as Name.
- /group allowtp - Toggles the ability to teleport to other group members using /gtp.
- /group kick Name - Allows the leader to kick a player from your Group.
- /group leave - Allows you to leave your current group.
- /group leader Name - Changes the group leader to the specified person.
- /group who - Shows you all of the current members of your group.
- /group block - Blocks all incoming group invites.
- /group unblock - Unblocks all incoming group invites.
- /group xpshare - Toggles group EXP sharing.
- /group pvp - Toggles team-attack in the PvP Arenas.
- /group buffs - Toggles the ability to apply for group bonus buffs, such as Haste, Resistance, and Regeneration.
- /group difficulty [#] - Locks the group to a difficulty level. Setting this to 0 will allow players to choose their own difficulty.
- /group invites - Allows/disallows players, other than the group leader, from inviting players.
Integration with the Anti-Griefing System(top)
View the Commands: Anti-Griefing System page to view its Commands relevant to Groups.
When EMC turned 5 years old, Aikar added group teleporting (see here for the announcement). Group teleporting allows members within a group to teleport to each other. Both the group leader, as well as all individual players in the group, can control whether or not they want to allow other players to teleport to them.
In the Town (or Town-like environments like the Wastelands and the Frontier outposts), all group members can teleport to each other an unlimited number of times as long as teleporting is allowed within the group, and as long as the destination player also allows it.
When you are in the Wastelands or in the Wilderness, some extra restrictions apply to the use of group teleportation:
- Players need to be within 48 blocks of each other. Note that this distance is measured in 3D.
- You may only teleport to other players once every 15 minutes.
EMC has many features to take advantage of that revolve around certain aspects of multiplayer Minecraft.
Looking for a more general Minecraft guide? Visit Minecraftopia!