- The forums website for EMC is used as a centralized location for players to engage with the Community.
Posting and Interacting(top)
Being active and posting threads (an original post for others to reply to) on the forums is easy. Simply select a Forum to post a thread in from the list provided, and then hit the "Post a new thread" button. Make sure you choose the section that most closely relates to your post, and check out any pinned threads for the section in which you want to post. Some, such as the auction sections, have special rules.
Creating new threads isn't the only way to discuss things. You can also reply to already created threads to engage in discussions. If you want to directly reply to someone, simply hit the "Reply" button in the boxes of what people have said.
To edit what you have previously written, click the "Edit" button. Please note that you cannot do this in the Auctions forum. To have a thread re-titled, moved, or closed, report it using the "Report" button while making sure you put all the details of what you want changed as the reason.
To post an image, you must first upload it to a 3rd-party site. The most popular site for uploading pictures is Imgur. Once your image is uploaded, you can get a link to the image. Paste this link into the image button in the text editor (the icon has a tree) to insert it.
Please be sure to follow all the EMC and Forum rules when posting pictures, as well as when using the website.
You can change your alerts settings on your Preferences page.
Following other members(top)
If you visit other members' profile pages, you have the option to follow them. Following a member means their Forum activity (New threads, replies, status and likes) will show up in your News Feed, which can be easily accessed by hovering your name on the top left of your screen, then clicking the "Your News Feed" button.
Using BB Codes(top)
To create a spoiler, which will hide the content inside it unless it is clicked, simply type this:Code:
[SPOILER]Your text goes in here[/SPOILER]
If you wish to mask a URL with different text, type this into your post:Code:
[URL=The URL]The masking text. E.g. Click here[/URL]
To prevent other people's signatures from appearing for you, uncheck the box on your Preferences page.
Trophies and Site Titles(top)
Rules and Guidelines on the Forums(top)
Please follow all these rules and guidelines when on the forums to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable experience. You can report an inappropriate post with the "Report" button below it for a staff member to review.
- All EMC rules are expected to be followed on the site.
- Instead of posting multiple times in a row, please use the "Edit" button below your post.
- Post your content in the correct forum topic. For example, post a question about the economy or about pricing items in the "Marketplace Discussion" forum. This ensures that the forums are well-organized.
Empire Minecraft has an assortment of useful short URLs to various pages throughout the site and the Community.
- rules.emc.gs - EMC's rules
- blog.emc.gs - EMC Blog
- wiki.emc.gs - Empire Wiki
- wiki.emc.gs/page-End-url - To go to specific Wiki pages.
- events.emc.gs - Events calendar
- vote.emc.gs - Voting webpage
- time.emc.gs - Official EMC Time and time zones
- mods.emc.gs - Empire Approved Mods
- upgrade.emc.gs - Supporter upgrades page
- ref.emc.gs - Referrals
- staff.emc.gs - Current Staff list
- news.emc.gs - Latest EMC news
- servers.emc.gs - Overview of EMC's servers
- pm.emc.gs - Start a Conversation (add /<User> to start a conversation with them)
- Separate multiple users with commas (/<User1>,<User2>)
- t.emc.gs - EMC Twitter
- f.emc.gs - EMC Facebook
- u.emc.gs - Users (add /<User> to direct to their profile)
- track.emc.gs - EMC Bug Tracker
- ss.emc.gs - Senior Staff Services
- pmss.emc.gs - Starts a conversation with all Community Managers and Senior Staff
- pmdev.emc.gs - Starts a conversation with Aikar and all the Developers.
NOTE: Please only PM Aikar for technical issues (bugs) or payment/supporter issues.
- pmcm.emc.gs - Starts a conversation with all Community Managers
Our Community is active in many places.
Looking for a more general Minecraft guide? Visit Minecraftopia!