- This website for EMC is used as a centralized location for engaging with the Community.
Posting and Interacting(top)
Being active and posting threads (an original post for others to reply to) on the forums is easy. Simply select a Forum to post in from the list provided and hit the "Post a new thread" button. Make sure you choose the section that most closely relates to your post and check out any pinned threads for the section you want to post in. Some, such as the auction sections, have special rules.
Creating new threads isn't the only way to discuss things. You can also reply to already created threads to engage in discussions. If you want to directly reply to someone, simply hit the "Reply" button below what people have said.
To edit what you have previously written, click the "Edit" button. Please note that you cannot do this in the Auctions forum. To have a thread re-titled, moved, or closed, report it using the "Report" button while making sure you put all the details of what you want changed as the reason.
To post an image, you must first upload it to a 3rd party site such as imgur. Once uploaded, you can get a link to the image. Paste this link into the image button in the text editor (the icon has a tree).
Please be sure to follow all the EMC and Forum rules when using the website.
Your "Inbox", on the top left of the website, is used to send and receive private conversations from other members. You will receive a new Inbox alert whenever someone sends you a new conversation or when there is a new reply on a conversation you are in.
Your "Alerts" box, also on the top left of the website, is used to keep track of any user activity on a thread or profile you have recently been active on. You will get a new alert any time a user comments on a thread or status you have posted or commented on, or whenever you get a new "Like", a follower or a trophy point. You may also receive thread alerts without posting on it, by clicking the "Watch Thread" button. If you don't want to receive alerts from a specific thread anymore, click the "Unwatch Thread" button.
You can change your alerts settings on your Preferences page.
Following other members(top)
If you visit other members' profile pages, you have the option to "Follow" them. Following a member means their Forum activity (New threads, replies, status and likes) will show up in your News Feed, which can be easily accessed by hovering your name on the top left of your screen, then clicking the "Your News Feed" button.
Using BB Codes(top)
BB Code is the simple language used to customize your content on the forums. The rich text editor does the work for you, however in some cases you will need to tag (customize it with BB Code) text. For a full list of codes, visit the help page above.
To create a spoiler, which will hide the content inside it unless clicked, simply type this:Code:
[SPOILER]Your text goes in here[/SPOILER]
If you wish to mask a URL with different text, type this into your post:Code:
[URL=The URL]The masking text. E.g. Click here[/URL]
Your personal signature can be modified to display certain text and images below all your posts. The width of the box is 794x154 pixels, however single images will automatically be shrunk to fit.
To prevent other people's signatures from appearing for you, untick the box on your Preferences page.
Trophies and Site Titles(top)
Site trophy points can be earned through achieving certain goals throughout the forums. These can then earn you the titles "Member", "Active Member" and "Well-Known Member" at certain intervals instead of the default "New Member."
The Blog is updated with information not only relating to Empire Minecraft, but Minecraft itself. Tips and Tricks, News and Opinion posts will fill you in on what you're missing.
Your own Rupees and Token History can be used to track transactions from your in-game balances.
Use the Empire Bug Tracker to follow the progress of our development team and their work on fixing bugs, making improvements, maintaining our server and releasing updates.
EMC's IRC channel can be used on your browser to talk to staff and other players without being in-game.
Rules and Guidelines on the Forums(top)
Please follow all these rules and guidelines when on the forums to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable experience. You can report an inappropriate post with the "Report" button below it for a staff member to review.
- All EMC rules are expected to be followed on the site.
- Instead of posting multiple times in a row, please use the "Edit" button below your post.
- Post your content in the correct forum topic. For example, post a question about the economy or pricing items in the "Marketplace Discussion" forum. This ensures that the forums are well-organised.
Empire Minecraft has an assortment of useful short URL's to various pages throughout the site and Community.
- rules.emc.gs - EMC's rules
- blog.emc.gs - EMC Blog
- wiki.emc.gs - Empire Wiki
- wiki.emc.gs/page-End-url - To go to specific Wiki pages.
- events.emc.gs - Events calendar
- vote.emc.gs - Voting webpage
- time.emc.gs - Official EMC Time and time zones
- mods.emc.gs - Empire Approved Mods
- upgrade.emc.gs - Supporter upgrades page
- ref.emc.gs - Referrals
- staff.emc.gs - Current Staff list
- news.emc.gs - Latest EMC news
- servers.emc.gs - Overview of EMC's servers
- pm.emc.gs - Start a Conversation (add /<User> to start a conversation with them)
- Separate multiple users with commas (/<User1>,<User2>)
- t.emc.gs - EMC Twitter
- f.emc.gs - EMC Facebook
- u.emc.gs - Users (add /<User> to direct to their profile)
- track.emc.gs - EMC Bug Tracker
- ss.emc.gs - Senior Staff Services
- pmss.emc.gs - Starts a conversation with all Community Managers and Senior Staff
- pmdev.emc.gs - Starts a conversation with Aikar and all the Developers.
NOTE: Please only PM Aikar for technical issues (bugs) or payment/supporter issues.
- pmcm.emc.gs - Starts a conversation with all Community Managers
Our Community is active in many places.
Looking for a more general Minecraft guide? Visit Minecraftopia!