Flags - Advanced
- This page explains more Flags that may be used as well as some advanced Commands that pertain to the Residence flag system. It is designed to be a continuance of the Flags page, so if you haven't read that yet, please do so.
- Setting Flags When Not Physically On The Residence
- Setting Multiples (Flags/Players)
- Copying Flags to Another Player
- Cset and cpset: Setting from a chest GUI
- The Admin Flag
- Sub Flags
- Overview of All Available Flags and Sub Flags
- Construction / Placement Flags
- Use Flags
- Movement Flags
- Animal and Entity Flags
- Restricted Flags
If you're not standing on your Residence, but are still on the correct SMP, then you can change Residence Flags by adding an exclamation mark prefix and the Residence name or number to the set, cset, pset or cpset Commands.
- Example: /res set !1001 move f. This would set the move flag to false on Residence number 1001.
- Example: /res pset !aikar krysyy build t. This would give Krysyy the build flag on Aikar's Residence.
You can set several Flags for several players at once by adding the extra names and separating them with commas (without spaces). This can be applied to several Flags, several players or a combination of players and Flags.
- Setting a flag for 3 players at once: /res pset Aikar,Maxarias,Krysyy move false.
- Setting 3 Flags for 1 player at once: /res pset Aikar use,container,redstone t.
You can also copy all Flags from one player and apply them to another. This is done using pcopy:
- /res pcopy FromPlayer ToPlayer- Copy all Flags from 'FromPlayer' and apply them to 'ToPlayer'.
Cset and cpset: Setting from a chest GUI(top)
Using the cset command gives players the option of setting Flags from a chest GUI instead of Commands.
- To set permissions for everyone: /res cset [residence number]
- To set permissions for one player: /res cpset ![residence number] [playername]
Cset is also useful in determining the current flag states, and changing large amounts of Flags quickly.
The Admin Flag(top)
The admin flag was designed to be used for alternate accounts of the same person. Admin includes every flag as well as the ability to delete the Residence, change the Flags, etc. It is HIGHLY discouraged for sharing with friends.Example: /res pset Aikar admin t - This gives Aikar complete control over the Residence.
Warning: Staff may not be able to help if you give out admin flag. If you give out admin, you are giving that player the keys to everything you have, all at once.
Sometimes a Residence flag controls a lot of different blocks. A good example is the container flag: this doesn't only control chest access but also controls furnaces, brewing stands, hoppers, droppers, dispensers and even beacons. In those cases it is possible to give players access to a single block only, by using a sub-flag. Keep in mind that sometimes it might be easier to use Access Signs, but if you absolutely want to designate sub Flags, it is an option.
For example: To give access to hoppers only you'd use the container:hopper sub-flag. Using sub-Flags works just like using regular Flags, the only difference is the parent flag:sub flag notation required.
- build - Allows placing/destroying blocks, lighting fires, place liquids.
- destroy - Only allows destroying of blocks.
- explode - Controls if entities will explode on your Residence.
- explode:tnt - Controls whether TNT will explode.
- explode:creeper - Controls whether creepers will explode.
- boat - Controls placing/destroying of boats.
- boat:place - controls placing boats
- boat:destroy - controls destroying a boat
- minecart - Allows placing/destroying of normal minecarts
- minecart:place - Only allows placing of normal minecarts
- minecart:destroy - Only allows destroying of normal minecarts
- minecart:storage - Place/destroying storage minecarts.
- minecart:hopper - Place/destroying hopper minecarts.
- minecart:powered - Place/destroying powered minecarts.
- minecart:tnt - Place/destroying TNT minecarts.
- place - Only allows placing of blocks.
- anvil - Allows usage of anvils
- armorstand - Allows usage of armorstands
- bonemeal - Blocks use of bonemeal. Build flag must be set to true for players to place bonemeal.
- bucket - Allows buckets to be used to collect/place liquids
- container - Allows opening of chests, furnaces, dispensers, hoppers, brewing stands and other similar things
- container:beacon - Allows modifying beacons on your Residence
- container:brewing - Allows access to brewingstands on your Residence
- container:chest - Allows opening of chests on your Residence
- container:dispenser - Allows opening of dispensers on your Residence
- container:furnace - Allows access to furnaces on your Residence
- container:hopper - Allows opening hoppers on your Residence
- container:jukebox - Allows access to jukeboxes on your Residence
- createshop- Allows players to place shopsigns without having the container flag
- Warning: players with the createshop flag cannot place signs directly on chests.
- flow - Controls if liquids will flow on your Residence
- flow:lava - Only affects lava. Cannot be used with pset
- flow:water - Only affects water. Cannot be used with pset
- firespread - Decides if fire is able to spread on your Residence. Cannot be used with pset
- firework - Allows Fireworks to be used on your Residence
- fish- Controls a player's ability to use fishing rods
- fish:entity - Controls a player's ability to pull other entities (e.g. cows)
- fsign - Prevents players from using Feature Signs on your Residence
- fsign:signcode - Prevents a player from using certain types of Feature Signs
- ignite - Allows usage of flint & steel, fire-charges, and the Flame bow enchantment
- item - Controls using, dropping, and picking up items.
- item:drop - Prevents players from dropping items on your Residence. If item:drop is true, then item:pickup must also be true.
- item:pickup - Controls if a player can pickup an item
- item:use - Controls if a player can use an item
- itemframe - Controls itemframe usage on your Residence
- itemframe:rotate - Allows players to rotate items in frames
- mail - Prevents players from using the /mail command on your Residence
- redstone - necessary for altering/destroying repeaters and comparators
- shop - Prevents a player from using any shop signs on your Residence
- shop:buy - Prevents players from buying from your shops
- shop:sell - Prevents players from selling to your shops
- use - Allows usage of doors, buttons, and similar items
- use:bed - Allows using of beds
- use:button - Allows the use of a button
- use:door - Allows the use of a door
- use:gate - Allows using of gates
- use:lever - Allows using of levers
- use:trapdoor - Allows using of trapdoors
- vault - Prevents players from using the /vault command on your Residence
- enderpearl- Allows people to throw (and teleport with) Enderpearls on your Residence
- enderpearl:chorusfruit - Controls the ability to use chorus fruit to teleport on a res
- fly - Controls if players can fly on your Residence (Utopia only)
- grouptp - Allows/Disallows people in a group to use the /gtp command.
- horse - Allows/Disallows horses to enter your Residence
- move - Allows people to enter and /v onto your Residence
- namedtp - Controls if someone can teleport to Residence Locations
- piston - Controls whether pistons work on your Residence
- tp - Controls if someone can teleport (/v) onto your Residence. If someone has -tp, and +move, they can't /v, but can walk on
- animaldamage - Controls if animals take damage. Cannot be used with pset
- breed - Allows people to use wheat, carrots, and seeds to breed animals
- buffs - Controls whether players, including the owner, receive added buffs while on Residence
- eggify - Allows people to turn animals into eggs
- kill - Controls if animals can be killed by players
- shear - Allows shearing of sheep
- tame- Allows taming of animals
- tame:horse - Allows taming of horses
- tame:ocelot - Allows taming of ocelots
- tame:wolf - Allows taming of wolves
- villager - Allows people to trade with villagers
These flags are restricted from Normal players and can only be altered by Senior Staff and Admins.
Note: These flags will not be changed for you on your regular EMC residence(s).
- damage- Controls whether player damage is enabled on a Residence.
- damage:fall - Controls if players take fall damage.
- healing - Controls if players regain health.
- itemdamage - prevents damage to items while on Residence.
- monsters - Allows for monsters to be spawned in a Residence.
- pvp - Controls whether PvP is enabled on a Residence.
- staticdamage - Makes all hits to a player deal a specified amount of damage, unaffected by factors such as armor or buffs. Used in Mobarena and PvP Arenas.
- staticdamage:5 - sets the amount of damage to 5% of the total health points.
- staticdamage:10 - sets the amount of damage to 10% of the total health points.
- staticdamage:20 - sets the amount of damage to 20% of the total health points.
Looking for a more general Minecraft guide? Visit Minecraftopia!