Access and Restrict Signs
On your residence, you are able to give players access to a single button, chest, or other access sign-supported items. All you have to do is place a sign ABOVE the object and type the word “access” on the first line, and then type the players' names on the extra three lines. You may also type “everyone” on the second line to make it open to every player.
Access signs can be used on any item that requires the use or container Flags (doors, trapdoors, levers, buttons, fence gates, daylight sensors, chests, jukeboxes, brewing stands, cauldrons, furnaces, dispensers, droppers, beacons, hoppers, item frames, armor stands, chest minecarts, furnace minecarts, hopper minecarts), as well as anvils and villagers.
Access signs can be used with Residence Groups. The sign is set up the same way, with "access" on the first line. On the second line, use #[groupname]. This will give permissions for the group listed to interact with the specified object.
Examples of Use(top)
- If a player wishes to let everyone use a lever on his/her residence, he/she would put a sign above the lever with [access] on the first line and "everyone" on the second line.
- If a player wishes to let only the people in the group "friends" open a chest, he/she would type [access] on the first line and "#friends" on the second.
- Finally, if a player wishes to let Krysyy and Aikar open a door, he/she would put [access] on the first line, "Krysyy" on the second line, and "Aikar" on the third line.
Restrict Signs(top)Instead of access signs, you may set up restrict signs, which are essentially the opposite of an access sign. These signs will restrict access to an object, thus preventing players with the use or the container flag from accessing certain objects. Restrict signs won't apply to those with the admin flag.
Examples of Use(top)
- If a player wishes to restrict a lever's usage to ItsMeMatheus, RainbowChin, and BigDavie only, he/she would put a sign above the lever with [restrict] on the first line, and their usernames on the following lines.
- If a player wishes to restrict a jukebox's use to himself (residence owner) only, he/she would put a sign above the jukebox with [restrict] on the first line, and leave the other lines blank.
Looking for a more general Minecraft guide? Visit Minecraftopia!