- Disobeying or ignoring any of these auction rules may result in punishments such as being blacklisted from the Marketplace and/or possibly receiving in-game punishment. Not reading the rules is not an excuse for not following them.
If you see that anyone is not following the auction rules, please report the post with an explanation of why you reported it and a staff member will be able to assist.
Special Guidelines have been laid out for many items in order to facilitate smooth operation of the auction forums.
If you are unsure about a certain item that is not on this list, please consult with a Community Manager or stick with the default of one double chest worth of items in any auction.
Auctionable Item Guidelines(top)
Please see the sub=page regarding Auctionable Items.
Template for Auction Threads(top)
Your auction thread must contain all of these details. The formatting is variable, given that all info is shown.
Thread Title: [AUCTION] Item Names Here
Starting Bid: _________
Minimum Bid Increment: ________
Auction Ending Time: _________
[AUCTION] Double Chest of Sponge
Item: One double chest of sponge blocks
Starting Bid: 1,000,000 Rupees
Minimum Bid Increment: 10,000 Rupees
Auction Ending Time: 48 hours after the last valid bid*
**You may not include a Maximum Bid Increment. This leads to confusing auctions and,due to the actions of some, has been removed for all.
Rules for Auction Hosts(top)
Last Updated: May 21st, 2015
- You may hold a maximum of 1 auction at a time in the Community Auctions section.
- You may hold a maximum of 5 auctions at a time in the Supporter Auctions section.
- You may use alt accounts to hold additional auctions. However, you must bump the auction using the account that created them - your main account, or any other playermay not bump your auction. You may not use alts to bid on your own auction.
- You must post full details of your auction in the OP. If you forget any detail, use the report button to alert the staff team. Include the missing information in the report reason.
- You may not change any details of your auction after it begins. There is one exception to this rule: you may lower your auctions starting price as long as no one has bid yet.
- Even if you're unhappy with the price that someone wins your auction, you must still give them the items for that price.
- You may only create auctions where Rupees are used to bid. Items cannot be used to bid.
- You may not include "bonus items" as a reward to the auction winner.
- You must provide a secure pickup location in the Town world for the auction winner to collect your items. We recommend you use [ACCESS] signs to do this. You may offer delivery.
- You may not offer a "buy it now" price.
- You may not have a "reserve price".
- You may not End an auction before the posted ending time.
- You may bump, at earliest, 3 hours after the last post. This three hour timer is based on the last post by any player.
- You may not specify a maximum bid increment. These lead to confusing posts and, due to the actions of some, this privilege has been removed for all.
- An auction that receives no valid bids within 7 days of starting is considered closed automatically.
Rules for Bidders(top)
Last Updated: May 21st, 2015
- Do not bid on items that you cannot afford at the time of bidding. This includes having active bids open on other auctions that would bring your balance below what is necessary on another auction.
- Do not make joke bids.
- You may only bid in Rupees.
- You are expected to pay within 48 hours of winning an auction, unless you and the auction host agree to different terms, or if the auction's OP states that there is a different time you have to pay within.
- If you post a bid, you are bound it. You may not withdraw bids.
- Only post on an auction thread if:
- You are bidding
- You are asking a question about the specific auction, or item
- You won the auction, and are discussion collection/payment with the Auction Host
- You are posting content that the staff deem relevant to the auction at hand
- Asking to split an auction is not a valid post. Please discuss matters like that in a PM.
- The first bid on an auction must be equal to, or higher than the starting bid.
- All subsequent bids must be at least the last valid bid, plus the minimum bid increment. For example, if the current valid bid is 100 Rupees, and the minimum bid increment is 10 Rupees, the lowest you could bid is 110r.
- You must not bid on auctions created by alt accounts, or on auctions created on an IP that you use.
- As Rupees are only available in whole numbers, bids must be in whole Rupees too.
- When bidding, you may either bid using the format "1500r", or "1.5k", as they mean the same thing.
- You may not bid on an auction if you are currently permbanned. Temporarily banned players are still allowed to bid on auctions.
Looking for a more general Minecraft guide? Visit Minecraftopia!