Reverse Auction Rules
- In a Reverse Auction, a buyer will post the item that they are looking for and the bidders will compete to offer it at their lowest price. However, in order to keep this forum operating well, there are a quite a few rules we need you to make sure you follow when using the REVERSE auction forums.
Disobeying or ignoring any of these reverse Auction Rules may result in punishments such as being blacklisted from the Marketplace and/or possibly receiving in-game punishment. Not reading the rules is not an excuse for not following them.
If you see that anyone is not following the reverse Auction Rules, please report the post with an explanation of why you reported it and a staff member will be able to assist.
- Which items can be reverse auctioned?
- Template for Reverse Auction Thread Post Content
- Rules for Reverse Auction Hosts
- Rules for Reverse Auction Bidders
Reverse Auction Item Guidelines(top)
Last Updated: January 25th, 2016
Please See the List of Reverse Auctionable Items
Template for Reverse Auction Threads(top)
Last Updated: May 21st, 2015
Your reverse auction thread must contain all of these details. The formatting is variable, given that all info is shown.
Thread Title: [REVERSE AUCTION] Item Names Here
Starting Bid: _________
Minimum Bid Decrease: ________
Auction Ending Time: _______
Expected Delivery Time: _________
[REVERSE AUCTION] Double Chest of Sponge blocks
Item: One double chest of sponge blocks
Starting Bid: 1,000,000 Rupees
Minimum Bid Decrease: 10,000 Rupees
Auction Ending Time: 48 hours after the last valid bid*
Expected Delivery Time: 48 hours after auction concluded.
*Expected Delivery Time has a minimum of 48 hours and maximum of 7 days. If it is
not specified the default is 48 hours after the reverse auction is concluded as per EMC standards.
**You may not include a Maximum Bid Decrease. This leads to confusing reverse auctions and,due to the actions of some, has been removed for all.
Rules for Reverse Auction Hosts(top)
Last Updated: May 21st, 2015
- You may hold a maximum of 1 auction at a time in the Reverse Auctions section, regardless of supporter level.
- Your Reverse Auction does not count against the allowable (based on supporter level) number of regular auctions you may host.
- You may use alt accounts to hold additional reverse auctions. However, you must bump the reverse auction using the account that created them - your main account, or any other player may not bump your reverse auction. You may not use alts to bid on your own reverse auction.
- You must post full details of your reverse auction in the OP. If you forget any detail, use the report button to alert the staff team. Include the missing information in the report reason.
- You may not change any details of your reverse auction after it begins. There is one exception to this rule: you may raise your reverse auction's starting price as long as no one has bid yet.
- Even if you're unhappy with the price that someone wins your reverse auction, youmust still buy the items for that price.
- You may only create reverse auctions where Rupees are used to bid. Items cannot be used to bid.
- You may not include "bonus items" as a reward to the reverse auction winner.
- You must provide a secure pickup location in the Town world for the reverse auction winner to sell you the items. We recommend you use [ACCESS] signs to do this.
- You may specify an Expected Delivery Time from 48 hours to a maximum of 7 days (after the conclusion of the auction) in order to facilitate large auctions. An example would be a reverse auction for 10 DCs of sand with an EDT of 5 days.
- You may not offer a "buy it now" price.
- You may not have a "reserve price".
- You may not End a reverse auction before the posted ending time.
- You may bump, at earliest, 3 hours after the last post. This three hour timer is based on the last post by any player.
- You may not specify a maximum bid decrease. These lead to confusing posts and, due to the actions of some, this privilege has been removed for all.
- An auction that receives no valid bids within 7 days of starting is considered closed automatically
Rules for Reverse Auction Bidders(top)
Last Updated: May 21st, 2015
- Do not bid on items that you cannot supply at the time of bidding. This includes having active bids open on other reverse auctions that would bring your total number of items involved below what is necessary on another reverse auction.
- Do not make joke bids. Doing so may result in your removal from the Marketplace Forum Section.
- You may only bid in Rupees.
- You are expected to sell within 48 hours of winning an auction, unless you and the reverse auction host agree to different terms, or if the reverse auction's OP states that there is a different time you have to sell within.
- If you post a bid, you are bound it. You may not withdraw bids.
- Only post on an auction thread if:
- You are bidding
- You are asking a question about the specific reverse auction, or item
- You won the reverse auction, and are discussion selling/collection with the reverse auction Host
- You are posting content that the staff deem relevant to the auction at hand
- Asking to split a reverse auction is not a valid post. Please discuss matters like that in a PM.
- The first bid on a reverse auction must be equal to, or LOWER than the starting bid.
- All subsequent bids must be less than the last valid bid minus the minimum bid decrease. For example, if the current valid bid is 100 Rupees, and the minimum bid decrease is 10 Rupees, the highest you could bid is 90r.
- You must not bid on reverse auctions created by alt accounts, or on reverse auctions created on an IP that you use.
- As Rupees are only available in whole numbers, bids must be in whole Rupees too.
- When bidding, you may either bid using the format "1500r", or "1.5k", as they mean the same thing.
- You may not bid on a reverse auction if you are currently permbanned. Temporarily banned players are still allowed to bid on reverse auctions so longas your temporary ban will not prevent you from meeting the delivery deadline.
Looking for a more general Minecraft guide? Visit Minecraftopia!