Empire Minecraft 1.9.4 Update

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 30, 2016.

1. Ya I think they are different. From what I'm seeing there is just a bunch of islands everywhere. Some can be ender pearled to some you need to bridge. Not sure how far out these islands go or if they end.
  2. I'm still trying to get through the gateway portal. It says to use an enderpearl but every time I try it just puts me to the other side of the portal. I'm wasting a lot of ender pearls doing this, any tips on how to get into the gateway portal?

edit: nevermind, I'm a spaz. It does transport you with an enderpearl but it looks exactly the same so I thought it wasn't working. Once I looked around I realized I was in the other area.
  3. Not sure I understand; that is exactly what the portal is meant to do. When you head into the End you start at the main island, this is also where the End portal should be (to go back to the Overworld). The portals at the edges are meant to teleport to other End islands; I call that area the "outer rim" because it's approx. 1000 blocks away from the main island.

So to go back you need to take such a portal again to the main island, and then use the End portal to go back to the Overworld.
  4. In case you hadn't noticed yet: yes, you were right, read his edit ;)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. Thanks 607.

Seems we got a new issue on our hands though; some players report that the End portal to go back to the Overworld isn't working in some End worlds. Worse yet: players who fell into the void (died) respawned in the End again, making it impossible for them to get out.

Link to thread:

https://empireminecraft.com/threads/stuck-in-frontier-end.65147/
    607 likes this.
  6. Is there a comand for getting to end waste?
  7. Less happy.

When I first heard we were getting a waste end I thought it was going to work like the other wastes with a command to get to it (before this thread was put up I never read anything about it working otherwise). Guess what? People who want to make r are not inclined to share locations, the only reason I even got a vague direction is because someone accidentally said something in town chat when they meant to pm a friend and I still couldn't find one on smp5. The nether will freeze over will I fork out R in extortion or spend a couple hours digging around just so I can get to a wasteland.
    Life (not to mention my free time) is too short is to be forced to go through that much trouble just to get too the fun part of a game. I'm going to go play some Mass Effect 2, cool off, and then go exploit the frontier since that's the part of "the end" I can get to easily and at least there I can make some permanent paths between islands for other people which in turn will hopefully cleanse the crawling feeling that player greed has left me with.
    This was the first time I actually got excited about adventuring in the wastes on emc and I feel so disappointed. I will move on by tomorrow but today it's a bitter pill to swallow.
    ShelLuser, MrsWishes and 607 like this.
  8. I have no interest in visiting the end. What I do have interest in is buying 1.9 items, but I can't seem to find any shops that sell them.:(
  9. No. You'll need to go to the wastelands to get to The End. :)
    • Craft an Eye of Ender using the recipe below:

• Type /waste to get to the wastelands
    • Use the Eye of Ender by right-clicking it while it's in your hand
    • Observe the direction the Eye of Ender floats to and then pick it up once it drops
    • Travel in the direction that the Eye of Ender travels in until it goes toward the ground instead of floating in the air
    • Find a way to get into the stronghold once you find it
    • Jump/walk/fall into the portal if it is activated
    If the End portal isn't activated, you will need to bring more eyes (twelve of them). :)
  10. Thanks to Aikar and the team for all their hard work.
    This is going to be great!!
  11. All well and good but when people in town chat are bragging that they found and and refuse to tell anyone because that means less new items for them. It's it shame really but not surprising.
    Eviltoade and MissFable like this.
  12. Yeah that is unfortunate :( Especially since those items aren't all that rare. lol
    iKloned and MissFable like this.
  13. Lol:D. Is that a texture pack or is that really what they look like now?
    It will probably be a few days before End items filter into most shops but if you want some chorus fruit I will mail you some after I go the frontier tonight.
    I should have seen it coming. Ah well, another hour of cathartic killing of raiders and cyberzombies in ME2 and I will be back to myself.
    jkjkjk182, iKloned and StoneSky like this.
  14. The gold chain is a texture pack.

The face, however, is vanilla. You can shear the pumpkins off of golems now.
    MissFable likes this.
  15. Sorry to hear that...

I understand your frustration, and I also think you make a valid point considering that the wastelands main intent is resource gathering. No comments from me on that front.

However... I also think it's fair to say that the End world is a little more special than the Nether (not mentioning the wastelands because that's mainly the Overworld). With that I'm obviously referring to the Enderdragon which can be respawned, but also the End cities which basically contain a pretty fair amount of loot.

Also; the amount of End portals in the wastelands has increased drastically. I think that with a few Eyes of Ender you should be able to find a portal soon enough, after which you have access.

'Tis a bit of a dilemma I think: on one hand it does add to gameplay and make things a little more challenging, also because the original (vanilla) intent was to only give players access to the End world after defeating the Ender dragon. Within that reasoning we got a freebie because you don't have to on EMC.

Anyway, having not been to the End myself yet I can't comment fairly, so I'll try to do just that in a few moment and see how well I fare.

Now, don't take my comments the wrong way but you do realize that the End Frontier has also been a major obstacle for many players? There are plenty of players who have never been to the End because they never managed to find a portal. And then the same argument can apply: shouldn't you be able to teleport to a Frontier world in order to 'do' stuff there?

So basically there isn't much difference here. The only reason you can get to the Frontier End is because you know the location of the portal. Well, I hardly know any (one on SMP5 and I think I still got the coords for one on SMP7 but that's it).

Even so, I am sorry that you ended up being disappointed.

Anyway, I'll get back to this subject once I actually looked into going to the End myself (and on my own; I'll try to mimic your situation exactly as it is).
    607 and MissFable like this.
  16. Remember, I made a video of every end location - the frontier ones are SUPER easy to get to: less than 5 minutes on every smp. The new ones seem a little bit more difficult to get to (I'm not sure, I've only been to the one on smp2).
    Gawadrolt, iKloned and StoneSky like this.
  17. People are not sharing End locations? That is a bit harsh.

Y'know, when I first visited the 1.9 end, I made a net profit of -5213 due to my deaths. Maybe only 412 total people will find out about the end portals whether it be near SMP7 West Waste or not. When I was looking for it, I was very obsessed with finding it. I knew I finally found it when I was swamped.
  18. Forgot this - https://empireminecraft.com/threads/end-locations.63172/
    Robbi_J, Pab10S and iKloned like this.