Empire Minecraft 1.9.4 Update

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 30, 2016.

1. Good point lol

*edit - Maybe I just like quoting myself? :D
    omarsgifford14, MissFable and 607 like this.
  2. I see what you did there.
    MissFable likes this.
  3. I haven't ever visited the end myself, but I did know about Eviltoade's video, so if I ever want to check it out, I might use that.
    Also, Ender Eyes work for the wastelands portals. Do they work for the Frontier portals too, now? They do, right? I think I can recall reading about that.
    omarsgifford14 likes this.
  4. Yes, we had to manually set strongholds in for that purpose.
    607 likes this.
  5. Got myself an elytra while out hunting chorus fruit. Now I just need some enchants on it, and it'll be awesome!
    607 likes this.
  6. I'm aware I'm privileged with the knowledge of where to find an frontier end portal but the difficulty of that is somewhat dependent on the smp; the closest one to spawn on smp5 is a public location that I learned the location of soon after I joined EMC because it was publicly announced on a thread for a public enderman farm. Also up until 1.9 the locations did not really matter as their was only end stone (only decorative at the time and not that popular) and enderman (whose drops were sold dirt cheap and you could find xp sources just as good).
    Don't take this the wrong way but I really don't see what your comment has to do with anything; "Why are you complaining some people have it worse" is dismissive (at best), pointless (the frontier locations will go up and unlike their waste counterparts their permanent), and is never a good reason to put up with anything.

I'm going into the frontier because I know how to get there right now and because I know that in the frontier I will eventually find and unlooted end ship something that is not guaranteed with the wastes at this point. I want the joy of finding a ship not paying a comparatively cheerless mall for it's contents.

The roots of my problem: at no point did I see anything about this waste working differently before the update was released (If I had known it would not have been so disappointing). I can accept this realm going under an umbrella of being special but the all that's really been accomplished is allowing whoever can get on first after an reset and find a portal the opportunity to get the best/most loot. Eventually every smp will have a portal publicly known at which point it will be just as accessible as if they had just done a command in the first place the only real difference is it's more frustrating for the first few days after a reset.
  7. iKloned likes this.
  8. Which is something the renewable loot chests is aimed to fix. It seems this way right now since a TON of players are out and about gathering loot, but the loot chests will renew in the wastelands with plenty of loot to go around. Those that weren't quite the early birds can either wait for this renewal if they don't want to explore much or travel a bit further to find the loot more immediately.
    607 and MissFable like this.
  9. I saw in the op, sorry that was not meant as a criticism of emc just ShelLuser reply to my comment. I will find an Elytra of my own even if I have travel to all corners of the map.
    MrsWishes likes this.
  10. No worries. Just wanted to clarify for those reading that didn't catch that in our essay of a post :)
    MissFable likes this.
  11. The wings are only found in item frames right? Will those renew as well so others can get them?
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  12. my momentus helmet looks kinda bizarre now :confused:

is this the revenge of momentus?! :eek:
  13. Oh one more thing....is there a new miniboss or something? "A sense of fatigue is in the air..." popped up on my screen when i was in the wastes
    UltiPig likes this.
  14. That's the ocean momument boss. We got those in 1.8. That's his buff when you get too close. Mining fatigue for a few minutes.

Elder Guardian: http://minecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Elder_Guardian
    607 and jossytheninja like this.
  15. iKloned likes this.
  16. managed to find an End Ship finally, thanks to my groupmate SirTah

got myself a dragon head and he got the elytra

fun times, fun times

recommended to bring with you to The End:
    two beds
    one enderchest
    one silk touch pickaxe
    two/three stacks of food
    seven stacks of enderpearls (maybe even more)
    voters armor/tools

Tips:
    always set a bed down outside the End City before exploring, those shulkers are tough sometimes
    empty all good loot into the enderchest

something I discovered was necessary to do is to place an enderchest at The End so if you die without a bed spawn you can access it and place inside that chest some food and enderpearls just in case, so you can get back out to where you were without going back to town
  17. re last 2 posts, a few months ago we 'upgraded' vanilla minibosses elder guardian and wither to our own miniboss framework, so we added in custom spawn messages for them.

re: elytra regeneration - sadly since its in an itemframe that wasnt as simple to handle the regeneration aspect.

However we are looking to add it as a drop to the ender dragon itself as mentioned in the post as a means of a renewable source of them.

if i can figure out a way to make elytras also regenerate, we will try. As krysyy said, the point of this new system is to solve the exact complaint given - that its currently biased to those who can rush out the fastest after the worlds reset, and we've mostly solved that -- just elytras being in item frames made them be excluded :(
  18. I wish i had an elytra.... :(
    EDIT:Aikar you ninja :))) But cool I know you can do it
  19. The only other way I can see Elytras being on end ships is having them be a rare loot in the End Ship Chests.
    607, Ezebe and jkjkjk182 like this.
  20. but even if ppl rush out 2 get elytras now u should not be disappointed if u didnt get one. this is why the waste resets! so soon u will have another chance!

when 1.8 was out all monuments were raided; hard 2 find any :( then one reset later...
    607 likes this.