Rules and Moderation
Our Staff and Our Mission(top)
Our staff members are specially selected and trained to perform to the best of their abilities and they follow a set of guidelines. However, they are still human and not robots. It is impossible for all of them to enact identical punishments because every situation or report is a little bit different. They will never tell you or ask you to do something unreasonable and are here to help players. Staff directions are to be followed at all times. If you have a problem with the way a situation/report is handled, please contact the CommunityManager Support System at email@example.com.
The Empire Minecraft Rules, including any addendum (sub-page), apply to all areas and media used by EMC. They should be followed at all times and should not be used as strict limitations of what you can get away with or bend to your needs. If a staff member notices that you are continually bordering on the line of breaking the rules, they may take action even if you didn’t completely cross the line.
Our mission is to have fun and create lasting memories on Empire Minecraft. There are numerous ways to play, whether you want to focus on mob hunting, Frontier exploration, being a major player in the economy, etc. On EMC, you get to Play Your Way! Our rules are in place so that everyone can enjoy their time on the Empire. Do your best to follow these rules and we can all focus on having FUN, like we're meant to.
Empire Minecraft Rules(top)
The following aren't rules, but you'll gain respect quickly if you follow them.
- When harvesting wood in the wild, if you take the bottom blocks of wood from a tree, take all of them.
- After chopping down a tree, replant a few of the saplings you gathered.
- If you build a column of blocks to access a high place, remove it when you are done if possible (do not worry about it too much in the Nether if it’s too dangerous).
- Be aware of personal space. Even though this is a game and your avatar is not you, be polite and do not run into people or get in their face unnecessarily, just like you wouldn't in real life.
- If a player kindly asks you to stop doing something because it bothers them, then you should stop and respect their wishes. Staff may get involved if the situation calls for it.
Resolve any conflicts quickly and with compassion for others. If a moderator has to step in to resolve a conflict, all parties involved may find themselves having a time-out from the Empire Minecraft server network. If someone is violating one of the rules, privately tell one of the moderators or use the /report feature, according to what fits best. False claims of rule violation will result in the claimant being punished.
It is possible to report players in-game. Your report is sent to the staff for review. To report a player, use/report [name] [reason]. For example, /report Krysyy flying/illegal mods. Do not abuse the report system, or you will face consequences.
If your issue is too big to fit into the Chat, or requires evidence such as a screenshot, or further explanation, then it's best to contact a staff member via PM on the Site.
For a more in-depth guide on Reporting, and examples, visit the Reporting Guide and Reporting Examples pages at http://report.emc.gs*Note: The above video is slightly out of date, so rule numbers may not coincide with the written rules.
Looking for a more general Minecraft guide? Visit Minecraftopia!