That moment when....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by WayneKramer, Jul 11, 2015.

1. That Moment you're bored so you use the same gif in all your posts now...

2. A gif? Here i thought it was a signature selfie.. :D

Really should be posted in the 2019 Show Yourself thread..
    MoreMoople and AncientTower like this.
  3. Halloween is nearly here~ ^^
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  4. Im not sure Shelly is gonna like this, that moment when this:
  5. Finally!

I've been playing piano for more than ten years now, and Prokofiev still sometimes gets the better of me... Thease five mesures took me almost two weeks to learn, but I've done it :p

Notice all the jumps in the left hand, the non-predicteble choas in the right, and the seriously fast arpagio near the end...
  6. That answers my (mental) question of whether such a fast arpeggio is possible to play properly. However, I don't think I'll aim for this level of accuracy. :p
    Jelle68 likes this.
  7. To be honest though: I didn't play it perfectly...
    (Page 190 - 191 of the collected piano sonata's by Prokofiev)

This is the score I play from, and, as you can se, it is supposed to be eight notes + the octave. I missed two, and played the octave broken instead of clean. Let's just say I'm not comepleatly statisfied with the way I'm playing it jet...

This is the way it has to sound: (I'm 2 minutes and 30 secodns in)

As you can hear, it's far more clean the way she plays it. Okay, that is a concert pianist, but still, you can get far better at it :p

Also, as a honest guide to playing Prokofiev: Think about how hard you think it is. Yeah, It's harder than that.
    It isn't even the speed of the notes or the size of the jumps, it's the pure "randomness" of it all. It is very difficult to remember, and very difficult to understand. If you listened to Lisista's full interpretation of this movement, you might be under the impression that I'm at the first few difficult messures. I am not, quite a few parts in the middle were close to as hard as this part to learn. It's so different to play compared to anythin I've played before.
    Nickblockmaster, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  8. I believe you, but I'm not hearing the difference. That's a good sign... I bet people less musically trained than I might not notice most of the mistakes or imperfections in my performances either. ;)
    Jelle68 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. That moment when you have homework due tomorrow and it's 11 pm yet you decide its better to play EMC. :D
    jewel_king likes this.
  10. SO... did you pass or fail or... uh oh! :eek:
    Eviltoade likes this.
  11. That moment when you miss ShelLuser <3
    ShelLuser and Stnywitness like this.
  12. I got a 98 on the exam so I guess I did well ;)
  13. The moment where it is the last class before the holidays and the teacher assignes the class a 4 page essay

(dislexic)
  14. That moment when both your English class and your foreign language class teachers assign projects to be done over winter break that are pretty significant parts of your grade for this quarter...

edit: At least our Social Studies teacher told us that we don't need to do anything over break for our "year-long project", hallelujah
    607 likes this.
  15. That moment when you lose your EMC supporter subscription cause you accidentally spent the money for it on Steam. Whoops.:oops:
  16. That moment when people decide, Let's Hit Nick's Profile. . . HOLY COW! NOW IT'S HAPPENING! :DThank you so much! That was a wonderful surprise!

17. That moment when you realize it's been a while since you saw, That moment when. :)
  18. that moment when the next peep after my post wins a promo! :eek:
    607 likes this.
  19. hello? (jkjk give it to the next person)
    MoreMoople, 607, wafflecoffee and 2 others like this.
  20. It's official, you hacked our inventories! :eek: I always knew it, darn staff... :D

(sorry, sorry... Friday evening, pls no kill me! :oops:)

Anyway... no, no, no, no, you're not getting off this easily Kryssy, you started this so now we need to finish it :)

You won, it's only fair to stick by the rules, but... I can see how this isn't helping (or working) so I'm going to suggest that the promo give-away is going to be donated to a legit EMC event as a surprise prize. I have NO idea how that is supposed to work but it's an excellent excuse for both Aya and myself to frequent EMC a bit more (note: in-game and website) to find out how this can work ;)

You're almost as quick as me :)
    607 and Nickblockmaster like this.