let's talk about skyrim!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by batmegh, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Haha, yes, after posting that I realised it probably wouldn't show any gameplay footage but just be a "Yes, we are making this", but I figured I'd leave the post as it was. :p
  2. Mhh I wouldn't like that. We've got still got Elseweyr, the home of the khajits, and Black Marsh, the home of the Argonians, to see; the Argonians are having Black Marsh featured in the Elder Scrolls Online, but I'd hate to have that be the only game it gets featured in beyond The Elder Scrolls II. I just want to see them in full high definition glory in a place where my two favourite races aren't discriminated against or enslaved ;-;

Saying that though I'd love to start exploring Akavir at least sometime. Maybe in The Elder Scrolls IX in 2050 when I'm an old man who never turns his virtual reality brain implant off.
    607, batmegh and Windylava like this.
  3. I just think the only problem with staying on Tamrial is that the history has kinda gone full circle with the elves seemingly poised to dominate. Consequently, I think because the history might have problems progressing further they may just move to another continent. All just my opinion tho lol :p
    607 and AltPunisher like this.
  4. Would love to see Elsweyr - excuse me, Anequina / Pellitine (remember, these split when the Dominion took control of the province). Blackmarsh or Valenwood wouldn't be bad choices either. Speculation is it's probably Highrock though. Much as I hate to say it, Elder Scrolls games have demonstrated a pattern of being less ambitious with each version (story, scope, gameplay / assets). Guess we'll see though.

Story-wise, Hammerfell resisted the Dominion during the war, fighting them to a stalemate - given Highrock's geography alone, it seems likely they were sheltered from the brunt of the fighting and there's virtually no mention of them in contemporary Skyrim lore. If Bethesda wants to follow up the events of Skyrim in some fashion, that's a good location to do it from. I'd rather be slaughtering Thalmor down south, but I'm sure whatever it is will be worth waiting for.
    ShelLuser, SoulPunisher, 607 and 3 others like this.
  5. well, atmora was never lush like that, and if its not a flashback its a solid block of ice, thats also not quite lush enough to be the jungles and forests of akavir. so its likely still on tamriel. looks to still be somewhere up north so maybe highrock/hammerfell
    Windylava likes this.
  6. Very well could be highrock/hammerfell acturally
  7. I'd honestly love this. The Skyrim Civil War was engineered by them to weaken the Empire - they have to be planning on going to war with it... again. And that's fine with me, because I've never had any problem with decapitating Thalmor or feasting on their corpses as a werewolf. I don't think I've ever met an Altmer who wasn't a complete piece of waste.
    607 and Kephras like this.
  8. Altmer in the base game are almost universally loathsome - I think Faralda at the College of Winterhold is about the only one I didn't want to throw in a chaurus pit. Rumarin of the Interesting NPCs mod is decent, I've heard, but also doesn't act much like an Altmer at all.

It's kind of unfair really, because although I've never much cared for high elves, they weren't quite so universally awful in previous games. Heck, in ES3 Arrille was one of the first people you meet, and a fairly decent sort. I seem to remember the ones in the Mages Guild were alright too. As a rule, Altmer kinda look down on you, but used to be you could at least earn their respect. Skyrim though... they start arrogant and only get worse. The two in Solitude, Radiant Rainment? Good grief, they like me and I still want to sword them in the throat just to shut them up.

...Anyway, if we're still speculating, Highrock by itself is kinda small (relative to the size of Skyrim), so it's quite possible we end up with the combined provinces of Highrock and Hammerfell, including whatever portion comprises Orsinium - according to lore, it was sacked early in the 4th Era, resulting in the Orc Strongholds in Skyrim (refugees, much like the Dunmer in Windhelm). Overall, Tamriel's in a pretty sad state of affairs, would be nice to try and "fix" things.
    607 and AltPunisher like this.
  9. Never played the game, but it looks pretty good. I'm not 100% sure how the console versions fare, as I haven't touched a console for over a decade...
  10. I finally beat the main questline of Skyrim today. lmao

I bought the game when I was 13 years old and played it... a lot until I was 17 (almost 4 years ago). I got up to the Sovngarde bit shortly after buying the game and accidentally deleted the save. The questline was so boring that I never bothered to do it again.

I started a new save like 3 days ago and banged out the entirety of the Dawnguard questline in a day and levelled way up, got some daedric armour and learned a bunch of spells, got an actual god's sword (and an actual god's bow in Dawnguard), and then decided to beat the main questline yesterday. I've pretty much lived this game for the past week lol

here's pics 4 proof

Here's Nord heaven being pretty

And now I'm off to Solstheim to do the Dragonborn DLC (something I promised myself I'd only do if I beat the main questline, because... I dunno it just makes sense that way) with a decked out Serana :)

11. Why are Serena’s eyes so yellow when you have her get cured it’s the only thing i don’t like about changing her to a human.
    RampageX10 and Kephras like this.
  12. yeah aye idk wats up with that. it is kinda weird
  13. I never bothered with Skyrim Special Edition in the, what, three years it's been out? But I decided to check it out last night after seeing a mod that interested me.

Glad to know the game is as flawless as ever.

The mod in question lets me do this it's really quite amazing
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  14. I didn't fully watch the others, but what's the point of this video?
  15. The horse isn’t supposed to be standing next to him.

In fact from my recollection a horse shouldn’t have even been spawned at all.
    607 likes this.
  16. Ah, okay. Hm, that would be odd.
  17. I like the Thomas the Tank Engine mod for this game.