let's talk about skyrim!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by batmegh, Nov 16, 2014.

1. i have many swear words for the blades.
  2. no worries if you can't find anything, repeating is perfectly okay.. it's a very old thread XD
    607 likes this.

3. I am plagued by dragons.
  4. I bought the Skyrim Special Edition. Once I have it installed and played a bit, I'll post a few screen shots here. Though I already know what race and what class route I'm going for.
    battmeghs and 607 like this.
  5. I just played for a bit, got a good amount of stuff done, here are some pics of my adventure so far. I've decided to play a Khajiit and go on a Thief route. I'm using some illusion magic on the side, though that's gotten me killed 3 times so far.

A great view from the bridge!

Meeting the Jarl, doesn't look too happy.

Fighting that pesky dragon.

A new friend named Lydia! She's going to protect me from harm apparently.

That's all for now, I'll post some more tomorrow maybe when I go see the Greybeards and learn what all this shouting is about.
    battmeghs and 607 like this.
  6. What happens when your character dies?
  7. You go back to your last save from what I've seen so far.
    607 likes this.
  8. Makes sense.
    I didn't realise you could save. When can you? At any point you want or only at certain events or places?
  9. I've been able to make a save whenever. The game also saves itself at certain points in the game.
    607 likes this.
  10. You can choose your save settings. Usually it saves once an in-game day, when you leave or enter a building, or when you fast travel on the map. You can also opt to press f5 to quicksave which you can quickload anytime with f9.
  11. I made it to the Greybeards and had quite an adventure on my way to see them. I must say that Frost Trolls are incredibly annoying to deal with. I've also been doing lots of stealing, mostly books though.

The Greybeards actually have grey beards! They also taught me a new shout.

The Greybeards asked me to grab an artifact in a dungeon by Solitude. I stole a horse and met this fella on the way.

A dragon in the distance as I run away from guards after stealing tons of stuff from a village.

I made it to Solitude, the High Queen was happy to talk about the High King after an execution.

After being ambushed by a dragon and crashing a ship, I got to the dungeon and I made it out alive!
    Kephras, 607 and _Devil__ like this.
  12. I got a question for everyone if any of you mind to help me. I was thinking about changing down to a mage path and was wondering if that would be smart to do, changing my class specialty, I'm only level 11 so it's still kinda early. Thought I'd ask here before I did it to get your opinions.
  13. O, Lydia, she is such a nice door. :oops::p
    Shadow_Dcord likes this.
  14. I decided to pursue a life of Conjuration, who doesn't want to summon stuff and reanimate the dead to help you? I also made a friend of lady who's all about finding out about the dragons and found out something quite interesting.

Visiting Winterhold to pursue my new life of magic with my new friend the Flame Atronach.

My new magic and mysterious friend helped me fight a powerful dragon on top of a hill.

I went to join the Stormcloaks in Windhelm, then I found out they were kinda racist. Darn Nords.

Mr. Dar, the Chicken, helps me fight the guards after I raise him back from death.

After dealing with some angry people from an embassy and meeting my friend again to share what I found, I had a bard sing me the tale of Ragnar the Red. Apparently he rides a horse and lost his head! Reminds me of something I saw before.

15. This time I wanted to go get Ja-Ree, a thief who I mentioned earlier. I helped him and his sister crash a ship and he took all the sick treasure he promised me! I also met someone who called herself Meridia, she gave me a sword she called a Daedric Artifact, all I care is that it's wicked cool!

I stopped by a dungeon on my way to kill Ja-Ree and found this. A godly voice started yelling at me to bring it to her temple.

I helped out Meridia who was having problems at her temple and she gave me this wicked sword! It really makes it easier to kill dead things, now I can stop using my Conjured Blade.

Off to Ja-Ree! I was attacked by the Dark Brotherhood, a group of assassins on the way. Me, Lydia and Ms. Flame Atronach dealt with him easily.

Well I dealt with Ja-Ree and his pirate crew, getting my slightly less epic loot. Next stop was Riften for the main quest, they oddly charged me a tax to enter the city, luckily my speech skills made them think twice about that.

Well now it's time to see why everyone in Riften thinks I'm a thief. If any of you can tell me why Meridia kept calling Dawnbreaker a Daedric artifact, that would be nice.
    _Devil__ and Kephras like this.

16. Shadowmere is a beast.

BUT NOT NEARLY AS BEASTLY AS THESE COOKING SKILLS

FOR I AM THE GOURMET. YOU WILL EAT MY POISONED SOUP AND LIKE IT.

He liked my soup so much that he offered to travel the world with me <3

jk I was just there to kill and rob him
    _Devil__, Shadow_Dcord and Kephras like this.
  17. After finding out that Riften was under control of the Thieves Guild I went to go look for a man named Esbern who could help. I found him in the Ratways under lock and key by the same angry embassy people from last time. I also learned a bit more about Daedric artifacts, apparently Meridia is a Daedric Prince, rulers of a place called Oblivion.

I found Esbern who told me about a dragon called Alduin, next stop was Sky Haven Temple, which would tell me how to defeat Alduin.

In Sky Haven, the party finds Alduin's Wall. It tells me about a shout called "Dragon Rend" that I can use to beat Alduin. The Greybeards might be able to teach me it.

The Greybeards directed me to their leader, Paarthurnax, he's a dragon... He taught me how breathe fire though and taught me about the Elder Scrolls. I can use these to travel back in time to learn Dragon Rend. The Greybeards then directed me to The College of Winterhold.

Me and my teachers at Winterhold dealt with a dragon that ambushed me and then I went to the librarian. He told me to find an old teacher named Septimus. He was a little crazy, but Septimus told me I needed to go a place where a race called Dwemer lived and fetch some things for him so I could read the scroll that was there too.

Next stop is the Dwemer ruins, then the past I guess? This is starting to get confusing for just killing a world eater...
    Luckygreenbird and Kephras like this.
  18. What an adventure today! World Eaters, evil tentacle monsters, ancient machines, and the eldest of scrolls.

I went to my field trip to Saarthal with the Winterhold College, it was tons of fun. That is, until I was told by some ghost that bad things were going to happen.

After taking down some undead, me and Tolfdir found this. He has no idea what it is, but it looks pretty magical if you ask me. He told me to see about it with the Archmage, which I'll do later.

I made it to the Dwemer ruins! Full of evil mechanical spiders and spheres. I really hated how many traps the place had. That wasn't the worst of it though, lots of crazy people were down there and some weird kind of elves too.

After figuring out a tricky puzzle, defeating a colossus, and some more Falmar, came across this. It dispensed an Elder Scroll like candy, but for free.

I return some cube the mage in the ice cave wanted and was told by some odd eldritch monster that he was to end soon and that I should join him. I denied however, kinda made him angry. Afterwards I used the scroll on the Throat of the World to peer into time to learn Alduin's Bane! Then I was attacked by Alduin. I defeated him, but he got away, so this isn't over yet.

Next mission: Trying to convince to Jarl of Whiterun to let me trap a dragon there.
    Kephras and Luckygreenbird like this.