let's talk about skyrim!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by batmegh, Nov 16, 2014.

1. True, but I still think it's very good!
    Nintendo has always been praised for it's 1st party games, but people wanting to also play more... mature? games would often opt for Playstation or Xbox.
    I mean, GTA V seriously wasn't even released for Wii U. That was a big game.
    People don't want to buy both a PS and a Nintendo console, and as Nintendo has great 1st party support, if they get more of the big 3rd party titles, they'll probably get quite some sales.
    Sorry, I'll try not to hijack the Skyrim thread, but I'm a bit excited. :p
  2. I'm excited as well. I'd like to play some of the new Zelda games but the recent 2 (3?) didn't look appealing to play with a giant tablet in hand. I don't play many consoles (besides Nintendo for Smash Bros.) I won't be playing Skyrim on it and my only concern is if they do get 3rd party games like Skyrim is if their production of 1st party titles will decrease. Also we are technically talking about Skyrim so it should be fine. :p
    battmeghs and 607 like this.
  3. Good thing as well, because the gameplay of Zelda sucked.

Nintendo: bringing you games in 5FPS since 1983.
  4. Really? Why do you think it sucked?

Okay, that second statement is simply objectively wrong, but you know that.
    • I already have a PS4 that has more games, why would I need a Nintendo Switch? The same question applies for many people. Why would we buy a weaker console when we have the PS4 Pro and Xbox One S that have more, and higher quality, games on it for every target audience available?
    • The Zelda gameplay in handheld mode had a frame rate that looked as if the Switch wanted to self-implode. Why would I buy a console that can't have a game run at an acceptable framerate? The only other game I saw that ran at a decent framerate was Skyrim, and Skyrim is five years old in just under a month.
    And yes the second part is objectively wrong, but it wasn't a statement, it was a joke.
    #offtopic
    battmeghs likes this.
  5. You were talking about Zelda, but eh, this thread isn't about Zelda nor the NX so I suppose we should leave it anyway. :p
    Seriously though, from 1983 to at least 1991 their framerates were quite good.
    no_thing likes this.
  6. skyrim is bae
  7. eight days until remastered, though i have no idea if it'll be any use to me at all.. not sure it is going to surpass my 8k texture mods i've already got XD
    607 likes this.
  8. skyrim remastered is coming out in 5 days.if you bought skyrim legendary edition on the pc or bought skyrim and all the dlc for you will get skyrim remastered for free.better off buying skyrim now for $10 then for $60 when its released
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. Well, I'm not really interested in the remastered edition at all. Thing is: I couldn't care less about how things look in a game as long as the gameplay is solid and enjoyable. Heck, if I cared so much about looks then I'd probably never have picked up on Minecraft ;)

Quite frankly I'd rather see Bethesta fix their huge memory leaking bugs on the PS3, but we all know that's never going to happen unfortunately. Still, I am tempted to pick it up for PC for $10, almost got myself a Steam account (as soon as I can decide on my alias, seems my usual one is already taken. I got ticked off because last Friday the registration process claimed 'ShelLuser' was free, then when I tried to register later that evening (I reserved a special email addy for it) it suddenly didn't work anymore).

I'd also like to share something. Maybe you guys already seen this, I only discovered this today. It turns out that a Swedish singer (Sabina Zweiacker) did a cover of 'The Dragonborn comes' (which happens to be one of my favorite Skyrim songs). Not just that, she's backed up by the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra. A whole orchestra?!! For me an orchestra is the ultimate in music, a good working orchestra can kick just as much ass as metal bands such as Slayer or Metallica can. And even better: unplugged! :D

Now... I'll agree: this is not the greatest performance, but I still think it sounds quite good!

iamcavie and 607 like this.
  10. Mainly because the last time most people touched a PS3 was back in 2013 before the release of the PS4 lol.
    battmeghs likes this.
  11. hope you do get a steam account i got skyrim legendary edition for $11 on g2a 2 years ago loved every minute playing it.
    if you are looking for a mod may i recommend harambe moon.

nuclearbobomb and no_thing like this.
  12. Beautiful :')
    Megumin_x likes this.
  13. You'd be surprised :) The only thing holding me back from PS4 myself is that stupid subscription, so I am somewhat considering to build myself a gaming PC which I'll then hook up to my TV. But yah, the problem with that is that I don't play as much games as I used to, I'm also not that much interested in them anymore.

So for now the PS3 works just fine for me. There are still hundreds of players online, and no subscription fee's :)
    607 likes this.
  14. note that it isn't just skyrim... you have to have all the dlc to get the remastered for free. so, you just spend money on skyrim... which isn't $10 it is $20 AND $22 more for the rest of dlc.. which yes, is $20 cheaper than the remastered is going to be.. so even then, you're still gaining.

but, i however do not know if there is a "date limit" for when you could have owned legendary edition before remastered came out to deem you able to get remastered for free.
    607 likes this.
  15. Have you guys ever heard of HISWE? How It Should Have Ended. They have a Youtube channel in which they make (animated) parodies of well known movies and video games and present an alternative ending. Sometimes it's just silly, but other times they raise very interesting points...

And guess what?

(I almost died at 0:30 :D)
    Kephras, battmeghs and Codygraw like this.

16. IT HAS DROPPED!

IT IS HERE! IT HAS BEGUN! IT IS FREAKING GORGEOUS!

SLAUGHTER THE THALMOR
    Kephras, joshrocks78 and ShelLuser like this.
  17. thalmor are douches
    Kephras, battmeghs and joshrocks78 like this.