let's talk about skyrim!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by batmegh, Nov 16, 2014.

1. honestly can't wait for the remastered edition :D
    battmeghs likes this.
  2. It looks pretty, no argument there, but as someone who's played PC/modded skyrim for years already, it feels so unnecessary to me.
    I guess if you're stuck with console-only (and have an XBone or PS4), prettier graphics and the ability to use mods is enough of a selling point? Personally, I'd rather they "remastered" Morrowind - or heck, even Oblivion. Skyrim doesn't really need it. But what concerns me most is, if they're putting effort into a graphics update for TESV, that means TESVI is still a long ways off. :(
    607, battmeghs, FDNY21 and 1 other person like this.
  3. I heard that VI is years off, unfortunately :(

I do like Skyrim, it's a great game, but I don't think it needed a remaster as such - not compared to a game such as Morrowind or Oblivion as you say! They won't be getting my money on a remaster for their most recent TES game :p
  4. Yeah and they probably want to milk as much cash out of Elderscrolls online before making another game in the single player line.. just look at what happened with wow... we haven't had another warcraft game since wow was released... that is what i am afraid of.. that there will be no TESV
    battmeghs likes this.
  5. Skyrim is TESV - the fifth proper Elder Scrolls game.
    Oblivion = TES4
    Morrowind = TES3
    Daggerfall = TES2
    Arena = TES1 (I think?)

As for TESO, it shouldn't inhibit single-player Elder Scrolls games. It's developed by an offshoot of the parent publishing company, Zenimax, rather than Bethesda Studios. Not quite the same situation as WOW. Of course, maybe that's a bit of optimism on my part. I'd love for TES6 to include co-op abilities, so my girlfriend and I can adventure together, but however you look at it, I don't think the MMO is a death-knell for the single player franchise.

*cry*
    607 and battmeghs like this.
  6. * cries some more *
  7. Should be free as far as I know if you own the original and all DLC on steam at least. Not sure about anything other than that.

*cries as well*
  8. the remastered version will be given free to anyone who has the game and all the DLC / legendary edition.
    tinkao likes this.
  9. I don't have the DLC, just the original game. I won't buy in for more DLC just to get a remaster when I can just mod my game :p I'd rather see a remaster of one of the older games, gosh, it's been a while since I've played Oblivion... :rolleyes:
    Sparticals likes this.
  10. but modding the game doesn't even make it remotely like the dlc gets you? i mean i understand that the remastered on pc is freaking worthless... but mods do not equal to what the dlc give you. none. so you'll never have what the dlc presents. why you you gotta be so annoying about it? lol

the dlc are cheap, i have no idea how much the remastered is going to be. but yeah, completely pointless on pc honestly, mine already looks the way they display it.

but my main point here is mods aren't going to give you what the dlc has, and the tone in which you displayed "too good to buy dlc, i'll just mod it and get it all free" sense erked me XD
  11. You just completely misunderstood my comment. I am saying that mods give better quality (seeing as how that's what the remaster focuses on), I wasn't associating the DLC with mods at all. Not one bit. I know I can't get DLC through mods, that's not what I was implying.

I know I can't mod it and get it for free, I never said I could do that. I just said that I'm not going to buy DLC to get a higher quality game when I can mod the game to get the quality. I'm not trying to be annoying, I'm just talking about the quality. I never said that I'm too good for DLC. Crystal clear, now? :)
  12. * cries * but the dlc is worth it and good and pretty and fantastic and perfect and you know. amazing.

xD
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  13. Most amazing mods require Hearthstone, Dragonborn and Dawnguard DLC, especially those that expand the game and world by adding more quests, NPCs, locations, and even worlds! In my opinion don't buy the DLC for the remaster, but instead buy it because the questlines, expansions, and characters are awesome, not to mention the mod support they ultimately give.
    607 and battmeghs like this.
  14. Hearthfire DLC is... eh. Some great house and crafting mods make use of it, but nothing I'd ever consider a "must-have" in my mod list. Unless you're dying to build your own house and adopt orphan children, it's not really worth it.
    Dawnguard and Dragonborn on the other hand... especially Dragonborn, are absolutely worth getting.
    battmeghs and 607 like this.
  15. I went to get skyrim 5 Elder Scrolls... I was in a rush and picked up skyrim 4 ;-;
  16. Wait, huh?
  17. I picked up the wrong game
  18. But Skyrim is Elder Scrolls V, and not Skyrim V Elder Scrolls, right? Or am I mistaken here?
    battmeghs likes this.
  19. Skyrim is Elder Scrolls V. As is Oblivion Elder Scrolls IV, Morrowind Elder Scrolls III, etc :)
    Oblivion is a great game, you'll enjoy it. Not sure how you mistook it for Skyrim, though...
    battmeghs likes this.