let's talk about skyrim!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by batmegh, Nov 16, 2014.

1. I agree with you there, but there are mods that expand on the Hearthfire homes and some that require you to get it for unique homes. Nothing NEEDED but something to do with time and a project to perhaps work on?

Dawnguard (IMO) is much better than Dragonborn. For the sheer reason that

The other world that you explore (can't remember name) is so annoying and frustrating and the Black Books HAVE to be collected then and there for them to even be removed from your inventory.

However I REALLY love Solstheim's feeling especially when you first arrive. As well as the nostalgia from Morrwind's DLC.
    NubtherSpecter and Kephras like this.
  2. O_O
    there is no such thing as skyrim 4..... :confused: * bashes head *
    you are correct.. this person just doesn't understand the series at all apparently.. because "skyrim 4" is a thing >_>
    as fendy said, skyrim is the 5th installment to the elder scrolls series, the one you seemed to have gotten is oblivion which is the 4th installment... not skyrim 4
    the elder scrolls: arena (1994)
    the elder scrolls: daggerfakk (1996)
    the elder scrolls III: morrowind (2002)
    the elder scrolls IV: oblivion (2006)
    the elder scrolls V: skyrim (2011)
    Kephras, FDNY21 and 607 like this.
  3. the elder scrolls IV: oblivion (2006) thats the one i got =p
  4. Got skyrim a few days ago. As of mods I've only tried out the flash mod
  5. Iv been saying it wrong I called it Skyrim... Not The Elder Scrolls ;-;
  6. dude, one word/name.... Serana.
  7. So... you're telling me I should buy DLC because of a character?
  8. the best comapnion one could ever get lol, besides the dawn guard quest line was fun to play :) not to mention the cool new items it adds and with the dragonborn dlc there is an alternate ending to where you can get Miraak as a companion (also you get jesus boots of water walking!!!!)

But i always killed him since he kept stealing my hard earned dragon souls :mad:
  9. New book:

Glitch-Bears and Ghost Bees: Skyrim's Wildest Wildlife

Because Spriggans are the ultimate evil.
    battmeghs likes this.
  10. Windhelm Prison
    28th of Last Seed, 4E 201
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Ra'Shirr stroked his chin thoughtfully. Somewhere, he knew, there was a way out of this mess. There always was. He had Baan Dar's own gift for cleverness, and tonight was not the first time he'd found himself behind locked bars. Indeed, hadn't his first day in Skyrim been spent in chains? Of course there was a way. He simply had to find it.

"Argis, did you happen to see where they placed our possessions?"

In the next cell over, the big Nord raised his head. "Can't see anything but bars and wet stone," he said wryly. "There's barely enough room here to breathe."

The Khajiit gave an amused sneeze. "Yes, almost as cozy as Markarth."

"If you wanted to get thrown in jail, Thane, we could've stayed there. No better prison than Cidna, and a damn sight warmer."

"Khajiit was expecting a somewhat warmer welcome," Ra'Shiir stated blandly. "Ulfric's men could use a lesson from the western Jarls about hospitality."

"I'm surprised they let us past the gate. Khajiit aren't welcome in Skyrim's cities. No disrespect."

"None taken." The Khajiit studied the cell door's lock intently. "This one admits many Khajiit have earned their reputation. But Ra'Shirr is not like many Khajiit. You know this, but Windhelm does not."

The big Housecarl grunted in agreement. "Never heard of a Khajiit earning a thane's title in one hold. You've done it in three."

"Indeed. Now, this one must show Ulfric why it is so."

An hour earlier...
    Ra'Shirr was accustomed to the sight and scent of blood, but it was typically spilled outside a city's walls, and belonged to a bandit or other ne'er-do-well. The ichor seeping from the young woman atop the sarcophagus was neither, as far as he could tell. "What has happened here?" he asked a nearby guard.

"What's it look like, cat? Woman's dead," the guard snapped. His voice was nearly as frosty as the stones he stood on. "Who are you, anyway? Never seen you in Windhelm before."

"Mind your tongue," Argis shot back. "That's a thane of Markarth you're talking to."

"Peace, Argis. Ra'Shirr will -"

"Markarth?!" the guard exploded. "Those milk-drinking imperial lapdogs made this cat a thane? Next you'll be saying he's the bloody Dragonborn!" The guard's hand clenched his sword hilt. "What did you say your name was, cat?"

"Ra'Shirr," the Khajiit replied. "Please, there is no need for threats. Khajiit wishes to help."

"Help? Like you 'helped' at Helgen?" The guard's helmet masked his expression, but he was practically shaking with fury. Or cold. Or both. "Don't try to deny it, every soldier in Windhelm knows the story by now. How many loyal sons and daughters of Skyrim died while you helped that Cyrodil bastard escape? We don't need your 'help,' cat. You're under arrest."

"Looks like we got trouble, Thane." Argis swore. "Knew this was a bad idea."

Surely enough, more guards were coming down the alley way, weapons drawn.

Argis scuffed the floor impatiently. "So..." he asked at length, "any plans for getting us out of here?"

"One," the Khajiit replied. A smirk tugged the edges of his muzzle. "But you will not like it."

"Anything's better than staying in this cell," the Housecarl grumped.

It was precisely that sentiment that made Ra'Shirr's answer so unpleasant. "Exactly," the Khajiit said. "Wait here. This one must find the Nord from Helgen. Ralof."
    battmeghs and DrSparticals like this.
  11. Windhelm Evasion
    28th of Last Seed, 4E 201

Ra'Shirr's feet were silent on the cold stones. He kept to the shadows, unseen, unheard, unnoticed. Stealth was an art, one he had mastered in the long, cold months since arriving in Skyrim. In full armor and kit, he could move as a ghost - with nothing but ragged prisoner's garb to weigh him down, he was all but invisible.

Still, it did not pay to take chances. He watched from pools of darkness, measuring the pace and timing of the guards, darting through bright candlelit halls to the safety of shadow beyond. There was urgency to his escape, lest the Stormcloaks find his cell empty and raise alarm, but he tempered his movements with calculated precision. Hear the gusts of wind, howling over the palace exterior. Exhale, slowly. Wait for the guard to pass. Inhale, uncoil, three paces forward - another guard! Back against the wall, and mind the tail. Exhale with the wind, let it mask the faint rustle of clothing, the whisper of one's feet. Three more paces. Inhale.

The minutes felt like hours, stretching impossibly long as the Khajiit crept through Windhelm's barracks, but in no time at all he was at the door to the main hall. Easing it carefully open, he surveyed the room. Bright sconces, horker-tusk chandeliers, and silver candles banished every shadow from sight, save the ones under the dining table itself. There were no guards in view, but he heard two of them conversing to his left, standing watch over the entrance. He would be spotted the moment he set paw into that grand hall.

But so would anything else...

Without his equipment, Ra'Shirr's options were limited. He had only the robes on his back and the magicka in his blood, but he knew few spells to make use of it. He needed Destraction, not Destruction, and no matter what he cast, it was likely the guards would see his spell flying from the door's aperture. Magelight or Firebolt, it mattered not - they would find the source quickly enough and he would be back in his cell, much worse for the attempt. He could trap the door with a Fire Rune, perhaps, but he was thus far innocent of any crime more egregious than "being a Khajiit." Assaulting guards was not an option.

As he studied the room, he took note of the tapestries adorning the far wall. Each bore the blue emblem of the Bear of Eastmarch. All at once the answer came to him.

With a crack of thunder, a ghostly blue wolf materialized on top of the dining table. It sat back on its haunches and let out an ethereal, blood-curdling howl.

"Shor's bones!" one of the guards exclaimed, drawing her bow. The other was already rushing forward, ready to meet this unexpected threat. Neither paid any notice to the door held carefully ajar, or the Khajiit lurking in the shadows behind it. With the conjured Familiar serving as a distraction, Ra'Shirr slipped silently out of the palace.

The night was clear and bitter cold. Icy starlight bathed the empty streets of Windhelm. Ra'Shirr concealed himself beneath an archway, considering his next move. One thing was clear - he had to exonerate himself and Argis quickly, or Stormcloaks everywhere would seek his hide, and half of Skyrim would become his enemy. He'd spoken bravely for Argis in the prison, but his thaneships and holdings would win him no favors with Ulfric or his men. If anything, a position of respect in cities loyal to the Empire would only further damage him in the eyes of "true Nords."

Ralof was the one possible exception. He and Hadvar both had survived Helgen thanks to Ra'Shirr, and a life saved was a debt owed. But in the months since Helgen, Ralof had returned to Ulfric's service, making quite a name for himself in the process. There were even rumors he'd taken a dragon's soul, in a fight near Kynesgrove - rumor that he could be the Dragonborn of legend. It would take more than the memory of Helgen to approach such a man.

Finding him proved much simpler. A man branded a hero drew notice wherever he passed, and few noticed as well as a city's beggars. For the price of a few septims, Silda was more than willing to tell all she knew of Ralof's comings and goings. The Khajiit took everything down, in a book he'd "borrowed" from a merchant's table nearby (along with that handful of septims).

"Rode out with twenty Stormcloaks about a fortnight ago," the old woman rasped. "Word is, he was headed to Dawnstar. Ulfric seeing to Jarl Skald's safety, most likely."

Ra'Shirr lay awake most of the night. Stormcloak guards began combing the streets thoroughly once his escape was discovered, but by sheer good fortune a Khajiiti trading caravan had stopped outside the city. If there was one place a Khajiit fugitive might hide from Stormcloak eyes, it was among his own kind. Ma'dran generously lent him a spare bedroll to rest upon. Rest proved elusive, however.

Thoughts of Argis occupied Ra'Shirr's mind. The big housecarl was not the brightest of men, even by Nord standards, but he had a good heart and a strong will. He did not deserve to rot in Ulfric's prison - but Argis had no talent for stealth and would have given them both away if Ra'Shirr had attempted to bring him. Still, leaving the man behind weighed heavy on the Khajiit.

"Ma'dran, when does your caravan depart Windhelm?"

"Soon," the trader replied. "Ma'jhad and Ra'zhinda are seeing to our supplies now. When they have finished, we will leave. As agreed, you may travel with us as far as Dawnstar. Perhaps you will find Ahkari there, if you require further aid."

"This one is indebted by your generosity," Ra'Shirr thanked him. "Hopefully he will not need Ahkari's, too."

battmeghs likes this.
  12. I've been doing some lore research for the continuation of the story above, and came to a rather worrying conclusion:
    If the Stormcloaks win, the Empire is basically destroyed.

Since the Great War, the Empire has lost Valenwood, Elsweyr, Hammerfell, Argonia, and a chunk of Morrowind.
    -When Red Mountain erupted, much of Morrowind was demolished. Argonians seized the opportunity to invade, and took over much of the southern portion of the province. Imperial strength in the remaining area is largely nil.
    -The Aldmeri Dominion (Thalmor) took over Valenwood, and later Elsweyr, which then split into the territories of Anaquina and Pellitine.
    -Hammerfell rejected the White-Gold Concordat and continued fighting the Thalmor. The Empire was forced to cut them loose, or risk resuming the war. Hammerfell forces later fought the Thalmor to a stalemate, resulting in the Treaty of Stros M'Kai which saw Thalmor forces withdraw from the province.

If the Stormcloaks win independence for Skyrim, in all likelihood the Empire's effective strength will be diminished so badly that the next conflict with the Dominion will see Cyrodil fall for good, leaving the Thalmor on Skyrim's doorstep and in control of the majority of Tamriel. Basically, Nazi Elves win.
    :confused:
    battmeghs likes this.
  13. Some fun news for you PC types - my girlfriend recently finished up her mod for Skyrim, incorporating a number of armors from the MMO Tera. It's already made the "hot files" cycle on Nexus' front page, very proud of her for that :)
    Check it out (here).
  14. Welp... time to play this game again...
    DrSparticals, battmeghs and Kephras like this.
  15. four more freaking weeks until remastered
    DrSparticals likes this.
  16. As a teenage boy who can't communicate with girls in real life (hence why my only female friend/crush lives 1,000 miles away from me...), thank God for your girlfriend and her apparent love of skimpy outfits on female video game characters.

/joke

Seriously though those look pretty cool.
  17. Hey, she lived 2,000 miles away (Colorado <-> Pennsylvania) for three years before we finally moved in together. But that's another story. And honestly, she's given me lots of crap about skimpy armors, plenty of times, but I'm pretty sure she cherry-picked ones from Tera that she actually liked and wanted to use. :D
  18. 12 more days until remastered is released, i am so excited to see if my game is already more beautiful than it or if bethesda did something right. xD

i plan on doing some let's plays on my youtube channel sometime soon of skyrim also, not sure when though.. i don't have much time to play and record, too much background noise and people. lol
    607 and DrSparticals like this.
  19. I'm quite surprised about Skyrim going to be on the Nintendo Switch (code-named NX previously).
    I think it's going to do the system good, though, as we all know this game is still popular!
    battmeghs likes this.
  20. That seems like a weird addition to a Nintendo system honestly... so far the recent Nintendo systems had been family centered and friend focused. Not saying it'll be bad, just weird is all. :p
    607 likes this.