Empire Newsletter: June 2023

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by MoreMoople, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Happy June! We have a lot of exciting news to cover, so let's dive into the newsletter! :D

Developer Updates
    • We are happy to announce that the Empires Update was officially released last month! This new update is jam-packed with new commands that allow you to start your own Empire! Check out the Empires Update thread and the Empires wiki pages to get started.
    • Since the release of Empires, chickeneer has been hard at work fixing bugs. If you come across something that isn't working correctly, please send a message to pmdev.emc.gs to report it!
    • The developers will be starting work on 1.20 soon, as well as some of the future updates mentioned in the Empires update thread.
    Staff Updates
    • Waste reset incoming! The waste will reset with the release of 1.20 on EMC, which likely will not occur before June 22nd. Make sure to get your stuff out of the wastes before that date!
    • The new tutorial is still in progress! The tutorial will be making use of the Text Display feature that was made available for Senior Staff alongside the Empires Update.
    • Progress has also been made on splitting the New Player Guide into two pages to make it less overwhelming to new players. If you have feedback or suggestions for the new guide or tutorial, feel free to post it here!
    Community Team Updates

Mini Game Building Contest
    Get those creative juices flowing and build a mini game for the community to enjoy! Winners will be determined by a combination of community vote and staff input.

Check out the contest thread here!

Wallpaper Contest Results
    The 7th EMC Wallpaper contest is now over. Thank you to everyone who participated! There were some great submissions. Results will be posted soon! :D

Event Schedule
    The event schedule is a bit different this month because of Moople's IRL work schedule, so make sure to check the date/time carefully!

Week 1:
    • Saturday, June 10th (10:00 PM EMC time): Miner Mania (New Beginnings Edition)
    • Sunday, June 11th (2:00 PM EMC time): Fistfight
    Week 2:
    • Saturday, June 17th (10:00 PM EMC time): Netherspleef
    • Sunday, June 18th (2:00 PM EMC time): Build a Base
    Week 3:
    • Saturday, June 24th (10:00 PM EMC time): TNT RUN
    • Sunday, June 25th (2:00 PM EMC time): Something Fishy
    Week 4:
    • Saturday, July 1st (10:00 PM EMC time): Build a Base
    • Sunday, July 2nd (2:00 PM EMC time): FireFloor

As always, thank you so much for reading the newsletter! Here are your monthly jokes. ;)

Where does a deck of cards go when it gets in trouble?

Solitaire-y confinement! ;)

Why do fish like to eat worms?

Because they get hooked on them! :D

Why did the teacher jump into the pool?

He wanted to test the water! :rofl: :lmao:
  2. ooo yay build a base twice this month again :D
    We3_MPO and MoreMoople like this.
  3. I might make it to miner mania tonight! I love mining, especially with groups.
  4. Aw. No Ocean Explorers before the 1.20 wastelands reset? Not one last time? :(

As always, I really like the jokey riddles! The ones this month were especially funny! :rofl: :lmao:
    MoreMoople likes this.
  5. Hey all! I am traveling, so Something Fishy has been moved to 10:00PM on June 25th. See you there!
    We3_MPO and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  6. This week's Build a Base event will take place on July 1st at 6:00pm instead of the regularly scheduled time. Can't wait to see what you all build! :D
    We3_MPO likes this.
  7. qestion will the saturday scedule be back at 2pm and wen ??
  8. u on a trip and youre not even visiting me im not angry in just disapointed
  9. My internship ends in two weeks, but I'm not sure what my Saturday schedule will look like after that. I'm returning to ballet and a lot of rehearsals tend to fall on Saturday during that time. I will update you all as soon as I know!
    We3_MPO likes this.