Voting Rewards and Residence Subzones! 12/15/17

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Very excited to claim these bonuses :D

And subzones look so awesome and very practical :)

Amazing work, thanks!
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  2. Ah, cool!
    I think residence subzones will open up quite some new possibilities! :) I could even make part of my residence free-for-all. :p I hope someone (Shell? ;)) will write a guide on this new feature! :)

Something that caught my attention: the picture with all the banners doesn't match the banner you're wearing in your example. If what you said about the picture with all the banners is correct, the banner you're wearing is actually the banner for voting bonus 400.
    I do like the banner designs though, after I realised they go from highest to lowest!
  3. Aikar I really like this idea! Finally a voting update!
  4. I cheked my 200 streak flag and it isn't appear in the picture. it looks like the right one in this picture.
    jossytheninja likes this.
  5. Oh. My. Word! (pg rated changed Shell comment after reading all this).

Christmas came early this year!!

Warning, shell vent incoming! I'm almost jumping up and down in my seat!

I'll be honest with you guys... When I first read the title I had something completely different in mind and I was honestly wondering what the heck this was supposed to be. No offense or anything but it had a weird ring to it for me. Then I read on and my jaw dropped open and I quickly had to get a handkerchief to protect my keyboard from flooding! :D

This sounds AWESOME!

Sometimes the simple things are the best in my opinion. It doesn't always have to be about value and such, so I think this is very cool. And as you said: it's an exclusive too because not everyone votes and therefor only a select few people can wear this.

I couldn't have asked for a better start of the weekend, I'm really happy here and having an awesome time :cool: And I'm not even online yet! :D

Only managed 200 Aikar? Tsk, tsk... most voters go at least all the way up to 300 to get the cool items. Put some more thought into it! :D

Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist that one! :rolleyes:

This. is. awesome!

I think I'm at level 1200 (edit: almost 1100) or something now, my alt is at 800 I think and I have no idea about Aya but this is going to be fun teasing them with their low vote scores (just teasing, nothing nasty ;) ). And yes, sometimes I actually talk to myself :D

It's been a while since I have been this excited about a goodie to be honest, I think it's an awesome idea and very cool.

Thanks a bunch!

Heck, by doing this you're not only giving us fancy goodies to show off (I have to admit that I like that part) but you're also boosting the promo market again because some of these things will be somewhat rare because not everybody will vote all the way up to 1k+

Now, I'm not so much into the economy, I'm not constantly trying to make money and all but I know plenty who do. And this should give 'm a nice new boost I think.

Now I'm a bit confused. Surely a 1700+ voter can still get their hands on the voter banners I hope? If not then I think you should seriously consider to add this: to allow a 1700+ voter to at least claim the 1600 (or 1700 if it exist) type banners.

I think I see what's up: you probably can't claim previous releases but only future ones. If that's the case then I definitely think you should consider to make this a SS service. Because otherwise your most loyal voters are pretty much left empty handed. That can't be good!

Of course this is me talking based on assumptions and if there's one thing I learned about EMC it's that things I think about are often covered. As said... I'm only up for a short period, figured I'd skim the EMC forums and well, first impressions so to speak :)

But backwards claimable or not: this is really good stuff either way!

(edit): As Aikar & other players have already shown (I don't always read the thread before responding) you get all the previous voting rewards. I'm SO going to wear my voter banner + my voters gear (as I always do) during the upcoming time capsule event (I'm really looking forwar do that one, it has always been so much fun!).

Well, Aya and me (we usually vote for each other) will have to change our voting habits then :) So; one day I get TopG and the other she does. I like it!

(we usually both vote on 2 sites in the premium pool and our alts get to enjoy the rest, the voting crumbs so to speak) :D

<gasps>

Could it be....?

This is ShelLuser right now :D

(As you can see Professional Wrestling is usually very professional indeed :eek:)

Somehow I feel addressed here, I don't know why :D

It's a promise. I've been hoping for this feature to appear for SOOO long already, this is amazing!

Thing is... Aya really wanted to help me with my residence a bit but when it comes to my home I'm not too trusty. Especially after she ruined my wall during my "Admin = danger" guide (just messing a bit here guys!). SO this feature should be awesome to give her a spot of her own on my res. I can't wait to give this a try!

You guys (EMC community) can expect this to happen soonish, it's already in the making :cool:

Then I'm going to make an exception and once my guide is done I'll sent all my raw material over to Alex & Fendy, maybe that can help them with the whole thing a bit. Or maybe it won't help them but either way, I'll try to help out a little bit as well here.

You don't know until you tried :)

<plinks away a tear>

WorldEdit on the Empire? For us normal players? Who would have thought?

That's fair! And it even gives Iron support a bit of a boost which I think was desperately needed. Nice.

Nah, then you'd risk nuking your entire res. no doubt :D

What is going to work is Shell's upcoming extensive (!) subzone guide. Hmm, I might even need a little more help with this one, but we'll see about that.

Players who have always wanted to feature in one of my guides are welcome to drop me PM. But I have to warn you: it could be a bit tedious on you. Most likely it'll be trying a few things, waiting for 5 minutes, then having to try them again because my screenshots weren't what I expected, then waiting 5 min. then trying again. And once we covered TNT we're onto the next part: repairing the damage :D

No promises! But if you're interested then yeah... drop me a PM.

And for the newer players who wonder what I'm talking about, see this overview. I no longer maintain that list but it will give you a good impression of what I'm talking about :D

I can't wait to get online today!!
  6. Now I have to restart voting...darn.

Also, WOW, These are some good prizes up for stake here!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. Mine look like yours and not the picture. Plus, having an issue figuring out how to wear them. Don't fit in
    the helmet slot.
    jossytheninja likes this.
  8. Awesome stuff, thanks for all the work you all are putting into this.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. I see very much mail in my future đź‘Ť
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. Am I the only person super disappointed in the new vote bonus items? They seem like a last minute thought when they’ve supposedly been worked on for years. Yeah, the banner with particles is cool and would be exciting to get for maybe one vote bonus. Not 1500 days in a row of voting worth of vote bonuses. Think about that. Someone took the time to vote every single day for over 1000 days. Also, how does it make sense to shorten the frequency of the vote bonuses as you get higher? If these were OP items or something along those lines, I could understand, but they’re banners you wear on your head. Someone who has voted 200 days in a row gets the same “prize” as someone who has voted 1700 days in a row. That just doesn’t make sense to me. I am appreciative that any thought at all was put into new vote bonuses, but this is a huge letdown.
  11. You need to open your inventory. And right-click them.

And I suspect there is a bug in the banners. We will get the problem corrected in the next day. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    MissFable likes this.
  12. Definitely not last minute. There was a LOT of code put into the background of this ability to even allow wearing/particles. It's been worked on for months that I know of.

Now hat being said, keep in mind that the OP also does state these are NOT the only items incoming.
  13. Voting almost falls under the EULA. So we do not want any super OP items. Not to mention, anything that is going to outbalance the rest of gameplay by being OP, wouldn't be a good fit. If you have any stellar ideas. Definitely let us/me know. I will hear out any suggestion.
    (*edited)
    FadedMartian, Tuqueque, 607 and 2 others like this.
  14. I like them. I certainly don't want you to take any risk when it comes to the EULA. They're a lot better than a kick in the butt, lol, or nothing for that matter. I'm also glad they have our names with them. Voting brings a lot of diamonds and emeralds too. I haven't mined for diamonds since I first started. That's not going to be an issue too with the EULA too is it? I got to say, voting is not money. When you do anything on MC to obtain items such as build a farm it takes time. Them saying voting is paying is bogus. Big brother Microsoft hates to see anyone have a good time.
    607 likes this.
  15. Enderkittens.
    TomvanWijnen, Tuqueque, 607 and 3 others like this.
  16. Looks and sounds great :)

I think some really interesting things can be done with those subzones, A lot of things will ba made easyer now. (Things like auction pickup places mainly)
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  17. I liked your post because I think it's important for players to speak up, even if you're critical. Obviously I don't agree but hey, each to their own :)

Well, if you're at 1500 you don't get one, you get 14 banners in total. I got confused over that as well at first. I just popped online (against my better judgement :D) and I got 9 banners total.

So you could keep a few and sell some (for example).

It looks to me as if the frequency doesn't change. You start getting a banner at 300 and then every 100 voting streak a new one (up untill 1700).

So I think you may have based your conclusions on false assumptions.
    607 and kaptrix like this.
  18. I'm looking at this new update instead of doing my school work. Cool stuff, may be a good time to start voting again!
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  19. Kudos to the devs for this awesome update. I'm going to ask a question that insure is on a lot of peoples minds, though. Can you get more than one of each item that's in the 5 day vote pool?