Voting Rewards and Residence Subzones! 12/15/17

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Hey everyone!

I am pleased to announce that new rewards for voting have finally been added!

Voters Pride Banners

What's that? Banners! A new banner to collect has been added every 100 levels, starting from level 200, to level 1700.

But that's not all they are.

These banners are wearable, and give you particles while worn! The particles match the banners colors.

These will let you show off your vote streak while you stroll through town, showing everyone, you helped the Empire!

The banners in the screenshot above go from 1700 in top left, to 200 in bottom right, in order.

Will there be more than this?
    We still have plans for even more voting items - just we wanted to get this idea out as it was a nice way to give an item every 100 levels to keep having something to work for. More things will be filled in, and still pre 1700 mark.

What about those over 1700?

I understand you're still in the no new reward area here... But sadly most of our players won't be nearing this number for a while, so I'm not sure how much more we can do for extreme voters, we hope the next item on this update will help encourage you to keep going..... and seriously, HUGE THANK YOU!!!

Preferred Voting Sites - Premium Pool

In addition to the banners, a new reward tier has been added to voting.

Every 5 voting streak levels, when you vote on TopG, and you are at your new maximum streak level (you got an increase today), you will get a chance at a premium item pool.

(NOTE: TopG does not have to be the site that gave you the streak increase. You just need to always vote on it every day, so that you've voted on TopG on every 5th streak level)

Inside of that pool....

The Empire Waffle has been a personal 'joke' special item of mine from years ago before Sponges were added legitly for players to acquire. I've shown it plenty of times in my live stream, and I use to have it in an item frame at some SMP town spawn (But looks like it was town down).

You now can have the legend... the waffle! There is nothing special about this waffle other than its colored name, shininess and being unplaceable (using it to soak water would of likely broke it...). Just a collectors item.

What else is in this pool you might ask?

Oh only:
    This system is to help encourage voting on our preferred list, TopG.
    More lists may be added in the future, but for now only TopG can give you a spin here.
    Please, always vote on TopG up to twice a day (once every 12 hours)
    Residence Subzones

A tool long reserved for Sr. Staff to assist with setting up complex residence permissions has finally been opened to all players.

We had hoped to make this system a little friendlier to use since it is a more complicated to explain feature, but hopefully the community will write up some friendly guides on using this :)

Subzones allow you to section off part of your residence into mini residences. Each subzone can then have a different set of permissions applied to that section.

Any flag not set in the subzone will inherit the permissions from the subzone parent.

This feature lets you say, give build or other permissions to other players, without giving them build to your entire residence.

Or say you have a cobble farm, you can give destroy flag in just the cobble farms pillars, but no where else.

The possibilities are up to your creativity!

Please note this is an advanced feature and is currently lacking wiki documentation.

The base commands are:
    • /res sz add <name> - creates a subzone on the residence you are standing on
    • /res sz rename [residence] <subtorename> <new>
    • /res sz remove [residence] <name>
    • /res sz list
    Creating:
    To create a subzone, you must be on your Residence. You must then make a WorldEdit selection. To do this, you must first either obtain a stick (craft one), and then type /toggleditwand.
    Left click to make the first point of selection, and right click to make the 2nd selection.
    Alternatively, use //pos1 and //pos2 commands.
    See http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldEdit/Selection for more details
    I suggest WorldEditCUI to see your selection visually
    Renaming / Deleting
    • /res sz rename subzone1 subzone2
    to delete:
    • /res sz remove subzone1
    Subzone Limits
    It's been a long time since we added new supporter perks, and considering Mojang has said that Extra Residences are EULA compliant, subzones then would also be EULA compliant.
    Therefore, the maximum number of subzones you may have is scaled to supporter rank, but non supporters still get a subzone.
    Limits are:

• Non Supporter: 1
    • Iron: 3
    • Gold: 10
    • Diamond: 100
    Subzone Notes
    A TP Set can be set independently for each subzone, as well as Entrance/Exit messages (for supporters), and permissions.
    These features will require you to stand in the residence to use them specifically on that subzone, otherwise you will need to use the 'verbose' residence targetting such as:

• /res cpset !address.subzone1 Aikar
    Please understand this is an advanced feature and will be hard to make much simpler. If you are confused by this, trial and error works :)
    Enjoy!!
  2. First! All the new updates look awesome!
    SheWolf likes this.
  3. Woohoo! I want a waffle (i must start voting again) xD
  4. Good work! This will help out some of those players who wish to give only a selected area to build in, I can think of some events which this should help.

Now only if the subzones were for town roads then I would be so happy :rolleyes:

As for voting, will the Electra and or shield be an added voter tool in the nearest future?
    (I am not the only one asking about this)
  5. Woot, new voting cosmetics~
    If I am currently at a vote bonus of, say, 990, will I get all previous-tier banners once I hit 1k, or just the banner for 1000?
    Also, I'm a bit confused as to how the reward pools work. Can you give a more in-depth explanation of them?
    SkeleTin007 and 607 like this.
  6. next time you get a vote bonus. You should get all previous rewards you have not received yet.
  7. Yes as chicken said, you will receive a few banners all at once.
  8. And an answer to part two? :p
  9. Don't edit in second questions...
    Wanderton and ShelLuser like this.
  10. Just as if you killed a custom mob and chances at loot to drop occurs - same code runs for voting :)

Code:
    private void processPreferredListRewards() {
        // Only give premium rewards if you are at your max vote bonus
        // Only give premium pool at every 5 vote bonuses
        if (!Objects.equals(voteBonus, voteMax) || voteBonus % 5 != 0) {
            return;
        }

if (shouldGetAt(voteBonus, "premiumpool")) {
            List<ItemStack> items = VotingItems.premiumVotingItemPool.processPool();
            if (items != null && !items.isEmpty()) {
                sendSystemMail(player, "Preferred List Premium Vote Reward: " + voteBonus,
                    items.toArray(new ItemStack[items.size()]));
            }
        }
    }

11. WAFFLE! ALSO PARTICLES! ME LIKE!
    DavisatDavis likes this.
  12. Balancing those items will be tricky, that's the main hold up to them.

The only thing that balances out a shield is if it breaks.... An unbreakable shield is a tricky subject.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  13. Before I snooze... This is awesome! Those subzones are gonna be neat. I look forward to playing around with them and even more so looking forward to what other players do with it. Also look forward to looking at players and realizing they have a banner on them, hehe.

Thanks, and you and the devs keep up the lovely work!
  14. Reminder, please vote on TopG :) it's the most important site to vote on! we are really far behind atm!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. Also forgot to mention - for those with lower end computers, a Player Setting has been added to turn off cosmetic particle effects.

/ps -> Misc
    TomvanWijnen, ShelLuser, 607 and 3 others like this.
  16. Make it so you can take knockback, and/or cap the player's saturation at a certain point while holding it.
  17. oo more vote items :)
  18. Awesome to finally see sub zones! This must be one of the longest requested features :p

I've got one question, are the sub zone limits just per player or per residence?
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  19. I got the banners from vote 200-700 and some of them do not have the same colors of the ones in your pic (im not sure if they are in order in this pic because i'm really tired and didn't think to double check that until after I made this post xD )
    TuckerAmbr, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  20. Per residence.
    Hmm, looks like we will have to double check on these. weird.

Edit: Note that if any are broken. We will get those fixed! I need to consult Aikar on the matter.