Voting Rewards and Residence Subzones! 12/15/17

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Dec 15, 2017.

1. The banner was to correspond with the certificate, so yeah it didnt have voting item on it.

Looking back, yes we should have. too late now.
    ShelLuser and Tuqueque like this.
  2. Contact SS to have their colors fixed, and they will look much more vibrant :)
    luckycordel likes this.
  3. It's interesting how the messed up banners don't look the same for every account
  4. Are you wanting them fixed?
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  5. Hm, I sent my pm a moment ago. :p
    chickeneer likes this.
  6. I actually haven't really had much problems with TopG inparticular, just the sites that use the same Captcha thing. But I've learned that the "roadsigns" and "cars" one is completely broken, so I don't spend energy trying to solve those, and sort of skip them. :p I still manage to vote on all 8 sites, which usually takes me less than a minute in total. :)
    Gordan_the_Gourd and ShelLuser like this.
  7. Akiar help I voted but my banner isn't here :(
  8. Did you get a vote increase though? Only then will you get mail. Or maybe you missed a day and stuck at current number.
  9. I know the voting rules can be a little confusing - but you don't get item rewards on your first vote after not voting for a while, because item rewards only come on streak increases.

Because you hadnt voted for a while, your streak actually decreased in this case (reset you back to 298, max was 308)

You will get it on your next vote in 16+ hours, or a little less if you go vote on all of the other sites
  10. I can do the roadsigns and cars just fine. ;) If they are separate pictures, that is. The one where there's one big picture and you need to select squares doesn't work so well for the roadsigns.
  11. Yeah, that's the one I was talking about, the big picture with cars or roadsigns. Doesn't work at all. The 9 smaller pictures ones work fine, though. :)
    607 likes this.
  12. Weird but ok :p

13. Neat, got a Marlix bow first thing when I voted today
  14. We have guide! :D

https://empireminecraft.com/threads/the-un-official-subzone-guide.74865/

I really hope this can be useful for some of you, this was a little harder to write than other times because of the somewhat more complex techniques which are involved. As I mentioned in my guide: don't forget that we're basically threading on Senior Staff territory here.

Even so I hope I got the whole thing explained in an easy to understand way, and if you're still confused then you can always visit my 3rd residence on SMP2 (/v shelluser-3 or /v 3749) and check the examples for yourself, or just share whatever it is that's still puzzling you.

But yeah... subzones are amazing.
    luckycordel, 607 and Tuqueque like this.
  15. 42! Congrats Aikar :) on your continued growth.
  16. Thanks for the update! I like the new banners.

Love the subresidence ability. Maybe some players could make apartments---I'd love me a close to town spawn high-rise!
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  17. Speaking of voters rewards, will you ever make a voters elytra or diamond armor?
    also on my 20th day i didnt get a vault voucher im pretty sure
  18. I'm not staff of course but I really doubt that diamond voters armor will ever become a thing. See: it would become much too overpowered, too unbalanced.

Basically: the perks which you gain with voters armor (so: it being unbreakable and soulbound) come at a price. You "pay" for those with getting less amount of protection (in comparison to diamond of course). And that's what keeps the whole thing balanced out a bit. You'll never lose your stuff, but you'll also be a little more vulnerable.

But don't underestimate voters gear! Sure, it is "just" leather armor but still has several enchants on it which make it a lot better than regular leather armor. I always use voters gear and if you're standing right next to a creeper (without a shield) you'll still have a chance to live. Only 1 half a heart left of course, but still... ;)

Can't say what happened but be sure that you have a streak (daily vote) and that you didn't break that streak somehow. That's the most common cause I'm aware off: accidentally breaking the streak by one day or so. If that's the case just continue voting and you should be ok.
    607 and JackieIsWacky like this.
  19. thanks shel, again lol
    ShelLuser likes this.
  20. Curious about this. I'm assuming that you don't always get something from this pool? Just because the last few times I've used TopG as a 5th increase there was no extra item. Not complaining just curious is this is intended or if something isn't working.