The Random/Not-so-random Post Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 607, Oct 19, 2014.

?

Which of these things do you know?

The cake is a lie. 120 vote(s) 80.5%
I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee. 88 vote(s) 59.1%
Darude - Sandstorm 88 vote(s) 59.1%
How has this video 301 views, if there are only 7 people on the earth? :o (Or something alike) 79 vote(s) 53.0%
#ShadyShannon 34 vote(s) 22.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pa's wijze hond bezag vroom de fikse brug :eek:
    ShelLuser, haastregt and StoneSky like this.
  2. gepureerde appels voldoen aan de strikte eisen voor kunstmatige inseminatie?
    What do you mean 607? xD

EDIT: oh nvm I get it xD
    Another edit: translation: pureed apples meet the strict regulation for artificial insemination?
    Patr1cV and ShelLuser like this.
  3. Translation (bing): Europe's wise dog looked at vroom the big bridge
    El zorro marrón rápido salta sobre el perro perezoso
  4. ShelLuser posted the best known English pangram but with two words changed, so I did the same with the best know Dutch one ;)
    (a pangram is a sentence with all letters from the respective language in it)
    Pa means Father and vroom means... uh? babla, help me please? Piously, apparently.

I wonder what the ones from other languages are?
    We now have English: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
    And Dutch: Pa's wijze lynx bezag vroom het fikse aquaduct
    Does anyone know another one from their language?
    ShelLuser and haastregt like this.
  5. In case some of you hadn't seen this coming around yet: (I posted it on Facebook two weeks ago and had seen it in some other places already, but my friends hadn't seen it yet before I posted it)

Don't spoil it if you see it ;)
    haastregt and ShelLuser like this.
  6. ey now, don' t be dissin' mashed potatoes, that's one of my favorites :) Hmm, maybe you just given me an idea for dinner later on :)

I see quite a lot in there, but I'm not sure if what I see is the thing you're referring to here. Hmm, could this thing be on the verge of a collapse? ;)
  7. Either there is something you're not seeing (like most people, until looking at it for several seconds or minutes trying to figure it out) or you saw it right instantly, which hardly ever happens.
    So yeah... from the people in my class, most people got it within a few minutes, some took a bit longer, and one plus our teacher have yet to see what's up with it, I think :p
  8. I assume it's the cigar?
    ShelLuser and Hashhog like this.
  9. Yes! Did you see it at once or did it take you some time?
    I got it spoiled, but it still took me like 10 seconds to see it, and when I saw it, it was quite a weird feeling when my brain adjusted the image. Then, for the rest of the day, I could not unsee it. Now I can see both what I originally saw and how it actually is, though, depending on where I'm looking.
  10. Pretty much immediately, the angles where it is are all weird, and the colours (at least to me) stick out like a sore thumb :p
    607 likes this.
  11. Yesterday, I composed a little something using Quartet on Atari ST! :D

12. It seems my vision is changing, is it a sign?
    haastregt and 607 like this.
  13. ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  14. Does anyone know where this thread went?
    I've tried Googling for it and looking through all topics on here but couldn't find it.
    Perhaps it was deleted?

It was about someone wanting to review all residences on EMC. He'd start with the top row on smp1 and then work his way down. It was pretty recent, I believe.
    ShelLuser and UltiPig like this.
  15. 607 and nuclearbobomb like this.
  16. Marble race can be fun, I think some people are very creative with Hot Wheels too!

Sorry, I may or may not have borrowed it for a while to see if my post would be offtopic enough. Sorry about that :)
    607 and nltimv like this.
  17. ...or, you could up it a notch and supersize the whole thing.