[SUGGESTIONS] List your easy dev suggestions

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by chickeneer, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Edit: https://track.emc.gs/agiles/79-18/80-85
    This is the link to where I will be tracking the accepted issues for this initiative. As mentioned below, a suggestion not included to this list - is not an outright denial of the suggestion. Just doesn't fit with this project.

Please read carefully.

I am wanting to do several small quality of life updates to EMC in the next month. I have my own list of priorities, but I want to hear yours as well.
    This is NOT a discussion about the merits of your suggestions, and I reserve the right to delete replies which engage in discussion about others suggestions. If a suggestion needs discussion, that should take place in its own thread.

Suggestions to NOT include. Big updates which will require lots and lots of time (such as finishing the Empires/Outposts update, promise that is on a separate todo list).

Suggestions to include. Could be the additions of specific items. Can link old suggestion threads. Mob drop additions (mention what those additions would be).
    What items you would want as a voter reward. Other special feature improvements please be explicit and explain.

Things already on my short list is improving tab list sorting, cross server groups, persist /tell and chat channel cross-server, new mob heads, enabling entity nether portal interaction, and misc big fixes.

This is also allowed to include non-code suggestions, but isn't the focus necessarily.

PSA. If /entc view shows red squares, then you likely have mobs that would die if we enabled auto kill today. :)
  2. Enraged 👏 ghast 👏 suffocation 👏
  3. add /smpu as an alias to /utopia :)
  4. process/ ability to request name changes to be hidden underneath /p

yes i know it is easy to go to namemc.com, but i think it would be nice to also have this able to be toggled easily just like /map hide and i cannot imagine this is very difficult to implement (potentially under /ps)
  5. I think this one should be simple. In hard difficulty, spiders can spawn with certain status effects. EMC uses the normal game difficulty. Would it be possible to enable spiders to spawn with status effects on say, diff 7+ since that is the point where things start to get significantly harder.

Link with more specific information: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Spider#Status_effects
  6. How about reenable TNT to be dropped from dispensers?
    crazyminerpete and FadedMartian like this.
  7. re-enable chain reaction TNT :D
  8. That actually should already be live with the 1.16 update. If not, I'll need you to explain.
  9. oop can confirm my bad
  10. Fix tab list by listing players on by smp basis than by player Alphabetical order, fix nether hounds, adding togglable buildmode only by player input. That means, you are responsible for turning it off or on in player settings. Meaning buildmode would not turn off after you log off. The rules still applies after you leave frontier buildmode will shut off till you return back to frontier. Having announcements be a command instead of being constantly said over community chat (must be read to remove the alert to read announcements).

https://empireminecraft.com/threads/suggestion-bring-back-the-invisibility.81093/
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/suggestion-player-welcome.82649/

This is just to name a few
  11. Could you clarify what is broken about nether hounds?
    And please feel free to list more!
  12. Some things that should be relatively easy to implement:
    • EMC-2201, /ignorepm
    • EMC-2220, smpu alias as mentioned by Faded
    • EMC-615, and also allow players such as alts to immediately type /town (with a confirmation dialog) as they do not need to complete the tutorial
    • EMC-2185 - this will be more difficult to implement but would be appreciated, library signs
    • EMC-1723, player note list
    • EMC-309, to distinguish chat channels
    • /vh alias for /home (link)
    • Improve sorting/style for /res sz list, res loc list (link)
    • And to clarify what is meant by "fix netherhounds": they attack players even on difficulty 1, which doesn't make sense if they are Enraged mobs

Edits 9 Jan 2021:

• Add payment reasons back to /r pay
    • /who all, command showing list of people on all servers
  13. is it re-enabled in the wastes? i understand there are flags for it on reses, but i just tested in the waste and it is not.
  14. Voters Crossbow

Voters Flint and Steel

Voters Gold/Chain Armor to serve as the "upgrade" for current voters armor

No crossbow firework consumption in town- there's no battles there

Allow shiny arrows to be used in a crossbow
  15. Enraging on players on lower difficulty than diff 6
    chickeneer likes this.
  16. As mentioned. I don't understand what is being suggested here. Someone will have to explain what is meant.

I figured something else was meant. Since that is how nether hounds have been since they were added 7 years ago.
    The suggestion is noted.
  17. Unitalicized mob heads. Default mob heads are not italicized, but EMC's are.

Command to automatically remove all dirt from a residence below 64, leaving just the top grass layer.

Command for an extravagant amount of rupees or tokens to replace bedrock layer with barrier blocks.
    ConductorConduit and ThaKloned like this.
  18. Not sure if this qualifies but I've always wanted a way to dry up some amount of bulk iron in the economy so maybe a Crafting recipe for a tool that uses up Iron Blocks?

Such as a Iron Pickaxes thats crafted with 3 Iron Blocks and has extra Unbreaking or Efficiency
  19. Since global chat has become so busy and moves fast sometimes, it is difficult to communicate with others in the other channels. I know there has been a suggestion before about group chat having a color of its own (similar to how the purple color is used by pm) possibly blue? To make it easier to differentiate it amongst the global chat.
    And I would make a similar suggestion for yellow chat for local chat and for res chat (also be yellow just to keep things simpler) because those are roughly the same chat use.

Also, the ability to ignore a player pm's only but see their public chat should be a priority
    VoidDistortion likes this.
  20. Already mentioned it :)