[SUGGESTIONS] List your easy dev suggestions

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by chickeneer, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Not sure if this is the same thing, but when I expand my vault with more vouchers it shows that.
  2. Ability to craft signs from other materials than wood, such as Iron, diamond, gold, obsidian etc

Also the ability to craft chests from other materials than wood, such as Iron, diamond, gold, obsidian etc
    UltiPig likes this.
  3. Not sure if waffle got to report this the other day when we spoke about it but

Not sure if intentional or what but it's conflicting information with the wiki.

https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/padded-fur-armor/

Boots: Protection I, Thorns II
    • +20% speed attribute
    Right now the boots give 20% luck instead of speed.
  4. This will be useful to my “research”. But on the note of luck, it doesn’t seem like luck stacks even though I believe both chicken and Aikar were in the discord and said that it should be stacking? Can a check be do on the code work?
    I’ve talked about it before but it seems like item help in off hand is prioritized so when I have a witch gem and rabbit foot only luck from Ravi it foot is applied. I know this to be true because I get much worse drops when I have both vs when I just have the witch gem on head.
    VoidDistortion likes this.
  5. I was very explicit that it was not statcking properly. That was the whole conversation. Sadly this is a very hard thing to fix.
    UltiPig and stormboy231 like this.
  6. Am sorry for the miss understanding. Wasn’t in the discord just overheard the stream.
  7. I thought of another fun suggestion that I don't think would be too hard to implement. The "Angry Chicken". :p The Angry Chicken would be a chicken that is hostile to the player and has an increased number of hit-points. Drops could be normal chicken drops like feathers and raw chicken, as well as the typical enraged mob drops like sparks, dragon stone fragments, etc. A new custom item the chicken could very rarely drop could be "Nature's Egg" which, when thrown, could spawn a certain amount (5, maybe?) of random passive land mobs around it. Although the idea of squids spawning from it on land and dying is entertaining.

A fun little addition to the chicken would be it throws explosive eggs like an enraged rabbit throws explosive carrots, but I'm not sure I like that idea or not.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  8. Post last updated 2:17 PM EMC times (made lots of edits, since post hehe, this will be last one...

Useful commands to solve this issue (those arrows will not come back because in one of the updates Mojang un-allowed/fixed that glitch, so its no longer possible to have. not sure if things have changed since then)

/vault n (or /vault next) (Right Side Arrow ->)
    /vault p (or /vault previous) (Left Side Arrow <-)
    /vault l (or /vault last) (open the last open vault page)
    /vault c (or /vault chest) open the chest GUI which can be customized with items if you are a supporter

so to scroll right, you would have to do
    type: /vault n and hit enter
    press "T" to open chat, upward arrow, to visit your last entry, click enter again... and repeat

Anyways... as for my suggestions

Easy suggestions:
    /mail group send or /group mailsend <mail title goes here>
    --> Lets say there are 5 members on a group, and you want to randomize the boss loot: (11 diamonds, 1 sword
    --> This would also be useful in PPP events =P so that latency and wifi do not necessarily have a bias on who gets 5 heads and who doesn't get any
    The items would be randomized, while being evenly distributed, if there is room for that

Personal note

So, if there are items with a quantity grater than the amount of members, then it is evenly distributed, and the remainders are randomized

If there are lower or unique items, then they are automatically randomized ... Example:

I would randomize the order in which items are given each round through the members

for the 11 diamonds, all 5 members would get 2 diamonds each, with one lucky person getting the extra one
    for the sword, it would randomize within the 5 members...

You could also add another attribute to the command

/group mailsend <fair/random> <Mail title>
    Where the randomization is truly random, and the system would allow for a person getting all the loot if they are extremely lucky, and fair meaning, the system I described above.

2. if you have X amount of vault pages, and you type /vault Y, where Y>X, let the command take you to the X page, since it the largest number page you have. right now the system gives you an error, but does not give you feedback on what page you should try. (Useful for players, who do not know how many vault pages they have.)

I'm getting back into EMC, so more ideas will come

Harder suggestions:
    Please create a more friendly way to understand who has build mode permissions
    There are commands, which allow to specify which friends have which permission on which smps, but the /ps setting, is global for a whole smp... so not sure if the detailed player permission are recorded, forgotten, or if they are still there...
    a Chest GUI for each of your /friends, would be nice for that (and in the future, another tab for your specific Empire).
    khixan and AnonReturns like this.
  9. Option to toggle "tab" list to show only smp? I know there is a lot still to change with that, and maybe as the adjustments come my want to show only my smp will change, but im aware of others who dont like the change of cross server "tab" list.
    AnonReturns and Tuqueque like this.
  10. Remote Shop Signs in other wood styles, maybe a way to craft them like Remote Shop Sign + Birch Sign = Birch Remote Shop Sign etc.
  11. Like 8 planks around an already purchased remote sign.

Love Tuqs idea about the drops. Would definitely even things out and prevent a few from getting so much. If there was a way to also prevent those with many alts from just planting them in a dp to scoop up way more then they should get. DPs shouldn't be about making some richer, everyone should have equal chance.
    UltiPig likes this.
  12. For the alternate accounts thing yeah agreed. We could see that at the new years party the server lagging like hell and people on with multiple alts.

I also feel there should be a limit to how many residences a single person can have too.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  13. I don't know how complicated this would be to implement because this involves cross-server communication.

Perhaps for /res info and all the residence permission commands to be able to work from another server. For example I run "/res set !10225 <flag> <state>" from utopia... if utopia doesn't find 10225 in its own town world then it looks across servers like "/v" does.

Since we have cross-server chat perhaps the need may arise where we need to set a permission on one server while we're on a different server.
    UltiPig and wafflecoffee like this.
  14. Another thing from me would be to fix Marlix's chestplates. Currently Marlix's Chestplates are named "Marlix's Armor" even though it's only 1 piece of armor... so I would just rename "Marlix's Armor" to "Marlix's Chestplate"
  15. Idk if this is fixable or if its a feature but

When switching servers you get defaulted to the C chat. This happens when ur in a PM and you switch server.
    HazardousCode likes this.
  16. Will steel armor ever be something that works properly when all together?
  17. I’ve heard from some that it gives accurate armor and just the armor bar is messed up but i tested and it didn’t seem to be true.
  18. It’s vanilla being the way it is- there’s no code that deals with armor points above 20. It’s an incredibly minor issue nonetheless.

Still on steel- the leggings are 100% useless compared to diamond, give newly crafted pieces of steel leggings an additional armor point to both buff the whole set and bring the leggings out of complete obscurity.
    VoidDistortion likes this.
  19. First of all, thank you Chickeneer for starting this thread.
    I have a few suggestions for waste outposts.
    1. Back in 1.12.2 the outposts were desert biomes, which had the purpose of keeping snow from piling up all over the place, and also preventing the water columns from freezing. If they can't be desert, could there be flags set to disable snow and water freezing?
    2. Since the griefing protection update, furnaces and beacons have been inaccessible. Could they be set to permission allowed?
    3. Mobs have been especially aggravated as of late. Is there anyway to prevent them from aggravating-on or attacking the player when they are still in the protected zone? And preventing them from walking onto or through the protected zone to melee attack?
    4. Since the 1.16.4 update, all mobs have been aggravating from much greater distances, some more than others. Is this in anyway tied to player difficulty and if it isn't, could it be? Lower difficulty=lower aggro range. As it is, I normally play on diff 1 and get swarmed by every mob on the plains the second I step outside the outpost. Kind of makes me wish I had an invisibility potion.
    I've also been wondering if the new nether mobs have had their damage adjusted for emc player difficulty. They hit harder than they should to someone on diff 1 wearing full-enchant netherite.
    stormboy231 likes this.