[SUGGESTION] Add /h as a /home command

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Uzack, May 4, 2020.

1. Hi. Here I am again with yet another small improvement that will save maybe half a second each time it is used. The title says it all, why not get a /h command? :)
  2. Leaving for the devs if they want to, but personally I dont see the problem with just typing /home. It's 3 extra letters and barely takes much thought if you've typed it enough. At some point, laziness is going to destroy us all.
    SUPERI0N and Stnywitness like this.
  3. Most commands have a shortened version though. /p = /pinfo, /c = /chat etc etc. What's one more?
  4. Just thought as /v is a thing, it would make sense to have /h :)
  5. I said personally for a reason. I don't see the point, not to say the devs don't as they have added plenty of other shortcuts and 'lazymodes' I don't see a point to either. 😜
    607 likes this.
  6. +1
    I think it'd be nice, lol.
  7. I am not opposed to the suggestion completely. But I would think we could only justify it if we give the home command did more. There are only 26 possible one letter commands. I am undecided whether home is deserving or not.
    Again, not opposed. Just a change we wouldn't want to revert (people don't like unlearning something), so requires intentional thought about...
    607, Uzack and TomvanWijnen like this.
  8. Perhaps /ho could be done instead, so /h is still available? :)

Very much true! I still think of chat as "Town chat". ;)
  9. It is worth noting. /h is still available.
    My comment was also bringing to light - that there are some hoped for improvements to the home command (in the context of subcommands). Those have not been worked on - or anything like that. But it is something we (the devs) would want to be thinking about if we move forward with the command alias.

Probably won't add a /ho command though. Sorry
    BennyLikesBelts likes this.
  10. No worries, I don't use /home anyways - I was just suggesting something that could potentially be useful. :p

How about "/v h" as a shortcut for "/v home"? :)
  11. But I kind of want the "No space" option. :p
  12. "/vh"? :p
    Uzack likes this.
  13. Better. ;)