Staff deleting/hiding threads.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rex1o, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Hey guess what? I unwatched this thread.
    And guess what else? I'm STILL getting updates for it.

It MAY be easy for staff and admins to place their fingers in their ears, but with comebacks like Shel's and Equable's on a thread that I unwatched appearing in my inbox they've made it literally impossible for me to do the same. I can't close this thread because I don't have powers, but if a mod sees something THEY don't like? >locks thread<

Makes me wonder if this "unwatch thread doesn't matter" thing is an intended feature or a bug on the forums. Eh, probably both.
  2. Can you just stop with the bad attitude on everything that goes ever so slightly wrong
  3. Unwatching a thread is bypassed by a direct quote of your post in my experience. You just don't get notifications every time someone responds to the thread itself.
    TromboneSteve, 607 and NetherSpecter like this.
  4. Been like this from day one. :p
    Kyzoy and Krysyy like this.
  5. Looks like someone already is.
    Ok, first off, admins never make mistakes. They're admins, literally gods of the server. Everything they say goes, and if they ever DO make a mistake, then they can just erase it out of existence, right? I mean, it's not like they've already done it several times before; what's stopping them from doing it now on this thread as well?

Secondly, "haters gonna hate" is hella old and it seems like all you're doing is just firing hate back at me and cowland as if you think that's going to get anywhere. At the same time, you're not really contributing anything and I can literally SMELL the hate from your "remarks."

One of these two points is sarcastic, and one is not. See if you can determine which one is which.

P.S. Literally the ONLY thing keeping me on EMC is the few friends I have on it as of now, since I have no other way to keep in touch with them. If something happens to them, or they go, then I go too. Because of how this thread and all threads ALIKE always turn out, as well as all the hate being spread around towards me and how the admins will instantly retaliate against something that isn't the slightest bit of perfection (human nature will do that to you I guess), it's made me very bitter on EMC as a whole, whether on the forums or in-game. I used to love this place. I really did. I still do, but only if not for the community of people I've met.
    UltiPig, Roslyn and SkareCboi like this.
  6. This isn't a personal attack although it will probably seem like one to some people. FlareInAction, you're online more often than just about any other player I've noticed (aka a lot) and yet you seem to be bothered by a lot of things by the look at your forum history.

Maybe it's time for a break.

I only say this because I've been on the server a long time and I've seen players exhibit the same sort of actions as you and they all end up taking a break eventually, but not until they've stirred up enough drama and strife that they also bring a handful of other players along with them.

Either you like this server, or you don't. Either you can submit feedback to the server in a respectful way, or you can't. It's that simple. You sound like you don't enjoy the server and yet you're online all the time. You definitely can't seem to be respectful on the forum anymore that's for sure.

Again, maybe it's time for a break.
  7. A'ight I feel like I've held my tongue on this whole drama business long enough.

Staff do make mistakes, even admins, because believe it or not they are human. That's right, you're shouting at someone who is attempting to rectify this situation in the best way possible while disappointing as little people as possible. Krysyy, Aikar, and all the other staff members do everything they can to support this server and it's people. It's kind of sad to see someone of your status and age to be acting out like this even though they've done nothing wrong.

EMC is a community based server with an economical theme. I hardly see why you're lashing out at them for something that was (without a doubt) overpowered. The whole issue here is that a player would AFK at a farm and get free everything... XP, Drops, and points to their TEXP, which is a leaderboard and therefore is a competitive aspect of EMC. Fairly certain that even you could agree that someone (albeit they built the farm) just sitting around not doing anything to earn the XP from the mobs is wrong.

Furthermore, admins are not gods, they are players like you and I, and they enjoy participating with players who respect them, treat them fairly, and talk to them as if they were without status. You're attitude is highly disrespectful and it feels like you're just trying to get banned because you can't peel yourself away from a server with a community that you love. I'm sorry if this comes off a rude, and that it inconveniences you to just scan over the quote in your alert box. I just felt I had to get this across. :) I wish you a very nice day and happy gaming.
  8. Check under your preference settings to make sure the checkbox labeled "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply" is not checked. If it is, there's a good chance it overrode your unwatch request when you posted again.

EDIT: It will still allow quotes of your posts to alert you should they be used, but this will allow you to remain unsubscribed to threads you're commenting in.
    MrsWishes and Eviltoade like this.
  9. Dude, you'll meet new friends on another server. A sweet personality like yours. And this one is causing you way too much stress. It's not good for you health. This could give you a coronary or something. Really, I would find a new server if I was you. Just looking out for you.
  10. I have made many very public mistakes on this server and I own up to every single one of them. We are humans and humans make mistakes. I've accidentally banned an admin before when I was normal staff because I clicked the wrong button, I've accidentally said things in a public IRC channel that were not supposed to go there (just look at JackBiggin's signature, definitely hiding that aren't I?). I've accidentally broke stage once or twice. Just the other day, I misread Faithcaster2 for Faithcaster5 when activating supporter vouchers. To think that we are flawless is naive. To think that we only make mistakes is just as naive.

However, we don't hide things for the reasons you think. If I removed something, it's due to it being against the rules or being the source of confusion. For example, say I make a thread outlawing the use of all Purple and Blue blocks on the server, then later we decide to change that to just purple blocks. If there are 10 pages of arguing against blocking both, then a new player coming online and reading the thread gets confused. We aren't going to go back through a post and remove all comments that reference our first decision and not everyone wants to read 12+ pages to get to the new information. Therefore, we remove the thread to the staff archives and re-post with updated rules, leading to a clearer and more concise source of information. Why care about seeing the back and forth nonsense if it doesn't even apply anymore? It's just going to confuse people.

As for drama, we lock threads when the COMMUNITY requests it because the COMMUNITY doesn't like to see this drama and they just want to play the game. When we lock a thread, it's because the community requests it, the answer has already been given in 10 different ways, and/or people are being flat out mean to each other and the COMMUNITY reports it because they don't want to see that kind of hate.

The COMMUNITY is starting to get fed up with this thread as it stands and is requesting me to take action and uphold the rules of our server as I type this. Just as we usually do, I'm issuing a warning to those involved on both sides of the fence that you need to calm down or this thread will be locked. So look back over your posts. Maybe read them from a different point of view and see if you might be being rude to other players and breaking our rules by doing so. Then take a step back from the computer, take a deep breath, and try again once you are in the right mindset to respond with care for the people on the other end.
  11. Just a thought... this post could be a great identifier to the mindset of why some threads get locked. Note I said locked and not deleted, because the ratio of threads that get deleted to the ones that are just locked (let alone left to continue) nearly mitigates this whole argument. But when people start getting emotional and start throwing attacks instead of constructively helping each other, then we as a community start to lose progress. You call Aikar's responses his "Ego", I call them him taking control and making a decision. That's kind of how managers/owners do things. And then your personal attack on ShelLuser? Already, this is turning into a subjective discussion, not an objective one. Perhaps redressing the manner in which we phrase our thoughts would help? Maybe even to the point that threads would maintain themselves to a higher level of order. We are all bound to disagree on some things. Maturity is being able to get passed the disagreements and either learn to accept said dissents, or work to find a compromise; NOT throwing shade at each other.
    Acemox2k, 607, RainbowChin and 4 others like this.
  12. Can confirm xD
    ShelLuser and Krysyy like this.
  13. Alright, let's not forget that times that staff has lied straight to our face. Proof:
  14. A while ago a forum game disappeared after being open for 1 or 2 days....
  15. If there were less personal attacks and more mature discussions the staff wouldn't have to delete/lock threads. In a thread about locking threads, there are STILL people hating on the staff and giving them more and more reasons to lock this one. They do what they feel is necessary, and for the well being in the community, even though there may be mistakes at times. Before getting upset at staff for dealing with issues, make sure you aren't the one causing them.
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  16. My favorite part about this is the only thing in the background is stone slabs. :rolleyes:
    607, ShelLuser, PineappleGem and 6 others like this.
  17. That's because you got quoted and posts of you were liked, then you always get a noticifation. And when you then post again, you'll automatically watch the thread again (unless you turn that off).

lol, so I was correct in thinking that yesterday Faithcaster5 was blue, and that today the blueness had magically transformed to Faithcaster2 :p
  18. Actually I think she got those two mixed up xD. Faith5 is my alt Faith2 is the real one's alt. :p When I went to redeem my voucher she misread 5 for 2 and redeemed my voucher for Faith's 2nd alt. :D
  19. Can you send me the details in a pm? I just looked through forum games and the only 2 deleted threads I see were back in September. A recent one was locked by request. Other than that, I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary.
    607 and The_Boulder like this.
  20. If there is any doubt about Krysyy's willingness to admit something isn't right and to fix it if possible, offering to look for a missing thread in a thread about missing threads pretty much sums up this whole fiasco. Just saying. Thanks to staff for everything you do and put up with. And thank you to members of the community willing to talk through things respectfully. THIS is one of the biggest reasons I adore this place. So many awesome people!
    Acemox2k, MercenaryCrow, 607 and 5 others like this.