Staff deleting/hiding threads.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rex1o, Feb 15, 2016.

1. I think he wanted it to be taken wrongfully, if you look at how it's "cleverly worded." :/
  2. It's a joke. This "issue" has been taken and blown out of proportions. We had one thread, it was dealt with by Aikar, then we got 3 more. So 2 little posts won't hurt this
  3. Wow, this whole thread was a long read. I might write it down and sell it as a novel or a movie script. Probably for a soap opera. Anywho, on to my 2 cents.

Now, I don't want to ever sound like I'm complaining, because I love being a mod, it's probably the most rewarding experience I've ever had. That being said, it's also the most difficult. None of this is as easy as it looks. No matter what you do, at least 1 person will be unhappy with you, they may even hold a grudge. 1 bad day you've been having can determine how a player looks at the entire staff team for possibly years to come; that's a lot of pressure. Now, I love that the community of EMC is so critical of how we conduct ourselves, because it keeps us on our toes and shows that EMC really cares. BUT, like I said, this isn't as easy as it looks, I've heard from people both happy and upset with every single controversial thread. We don't shut down threads until they've gotten reported, and my goodness do some threads get a lot of reports. Usually we're left with no choice but to just shut 'er down.

That being said, this thread doesn't make me angry, it makes me sad. Not because of any staff criticism, because I'll take as much of that as I can get (so long as it's constructive), but because of the just dumb bickering. C'mon guys, we're EMPIRE Minecraft, not Bunch of Split up Groups Arguing Minecraft. We're a team, we all make this place great, and we can't do that if we're tearing each other down. I've seen some really dark sides of people I never wanted to see come out of this and various other threads.

I don't regret the decision to lock or move any of the threads we have to this date. Many, if not all of them did nothing but poison the community, sometimes completely missing the point of the entire thread. Sometimes it's not good enough to say "Hey guys, let's not be jerk to each other", because somebody is out for blood and won't stop until they physically aren't able to. Although some players might want a good fight (and you know who you are), there are better places to do it than on a public forum.
  4. I think we should all take a moment to respect Krysyy in how she handles these concerns/insults that are often directed at her at a near personal level. :) It got to be tough to be representative of such a big team, on such a big server!
  5. Sometimes in that list, pepper makes a prediction in the thread it'll get locked, and kryssy comes and locks it. Makes my day when I call it. Why not call it now? I don't exactly see how this thread would make emc better after a rough read through. We'll see how kryssy responds. Lol
  6. I only read the first page thinking that was it. Kryssy commented already, haha I was wrong and this thread keeps going.
  7. I use to be critical about staff but tbh now, idc. I'm tired of getting in these threads so now I just don't publicly express how I feel about staff, and rarely do so privately
  8. I don't reall think he defended an idol and I think u were a little rude to admin
    see what I mean? :p
  9. I've only Deleted one comment and the user who posted it asked me to.
    My preference is that you guys have as much of a voice as possible. I know sometimes it seems the opposite, but usually the people I ask to stop are breaking rules.
    There are actually plenty of places that allow anything to be said. Most of those places are not nice places to visit.
    607, TotoStyle, Acemox2k and 4 others like this.
  10. I GOT A GREAT IDEA! WE SHOULD ALL SHUT UP AND MOVE ON.

(u may like me now)
    staff u can delete me if u want but u wont because ur understanding reasonable people.
  11. Telling people to shut up is rude and is not helpful in this case. People need to vent and that's healthy. They should be allowed to and they should know not to insult any others personally and treat each other with respect.
    FoxyRavenger, Jadziaa and 607 like this.
  12. It's already happened :3
    gladranger7 likes this.
  13. ok ur right. they should be allowed to vent and break the rules and hate the person who gave us this server. If u yall cant appreciate him, leave and go somewhere else. its just rude.

If u disagree Akiar u mat delete me and show that u feel that being yelled at is fun.
  14. Venting is healthy for a community. Torching other people is not. That's where the line is drawn and that's where it should stay. I have not seen anything on this thread that's hateful towards Aikar. If there was something bad, it would have been removed, but Seffy stated above that only one comment was removed which was by request. Asking players to leave is rude.

I don't understand what you're trying to say in this last line.
    607 likes this.
  15. ok really done with this If u want to whine feel free I'm done so if u want to "vent' pm ok?
  16. Ok, enjoy your day, sir. :)
    607 likes this.
  17. Peanut butter bumpers
    tuqueque likes this.