Staff deleting/hiding threads.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rex1o, Feb 15, 2016.

1. There seems to be a growing dissent around staff opinions which they seem to ignore. People don't like your method and rules? The obvious solution is to mute their opinions and to stop them expressing such things, is it not? Staff and development need to take into account people opinions more, especially the negative ones. If staff want to clear up this increasing amount of negative propaganda, they need to solve it and work with the people, not mute and remove their opinions, adding fuel to the fire that's already burning well. Staff and development can't assume they're better than everyone so only their opinion matters and everyone else's is worthless, unless it conforms.
    I'm not going to reply to any quotes here, for your information.
  2. I fully agree about the part where you say that staff should be trying to solve the matter and work with the people.

But working with someone is still a two-way process. It's the game of giving and taking. As it is right now most of the critics who's posts I read leave very little (if none) room open for that. Take for example the 'Vanilla thread' which started all this. The opening post shared plenty of dismay for the change (understandable) but didn't exactly leave much to work with.

The initial question / comment was that Aikar would better spend his time on actually developing EMC updates that would affect the entire server. And of course people are still waiting for Frontier protection (which is true!).

But I never read any comment(s) on what kind of updates they had in mind, apart from Frontier protection. And speaking of which: I have no reason to believe that those developments are stalled. Even the recent chest interface for residence flags should IMO be accounted as part of that protection process. And there is of course Krysyy's comment on updates which have been done "behind the scenes". Updates where the admins and senior staff mostly benefit from.

So I agree; staff should pay attention to negative comments as well and take them seriously. But at the same time the critics should also put in more effort to try and work with the staff instead of simply telling them that they're wrong and their decisions or changes are "no good".

Simply put:

Is quite different from:

The first may give you a response where staff explains why they made their decision but I doubt it'll be much more, whereas the second might give staff something to think about and maybe even take into consideration.

Just my 2 cents obviously.
    Acemox2k, tonia and 607 like this.
  3. First off, Flareon that is so true.
    Second off, staff are stubborn most of the time and probably wont change especially through rude posts.
    Just last night during netherspleef there was an issue with some of the players not being blind, before you dispute this like this one unnamed staff member he was sitting right next to me and I could see he had no blindness and I'm not an idiot most of the time. When I reported the bug, the conversation went like this, "Hey, some people don't have blindness" "Everyone has blindness, its part of the game" "No, I'm sure at lest one person doesn't have blindness. I can see their screen" "Everyone had blindness" "Dude... I can see his screen he is dodging holes running around in the arena without blindness" "*Someone in chat states they don't have blindness" "See? This person doesn't have blindness either" "They probably aren't in the arena" "Dude... I can SEE THEM. Look in the arena yourself" "Everyone has blindness, its part of the game" :/
    Third off, Maybe lets stop targeting staff? It obviously doesn't help.
    Acemox2k likes this.
  4. In the case of last night, as soon as someone alerted me (in mumble) that some people may not have blindness, I removed the effect from everyone and re-applied it with a greater radius.

I'm unaware which staff you spoke with about this at the same time, but please send me their names in a pm and I can go back over the proper way to handle event issues with players.
  5. Nah, theyd be bias and hate me and have it out for me to get banned so id rather not. Nobody likes having a customer complain to your boss about you.
    TotoStyle and Dufne like this.
  6. So if you fail to do your job as a customer and report it, then how am I supposed to be able to fix it?
    Acemox2k, FDNY21, penfoldex and 9 others like this.
  7. Send out a general reminder to everyone, they know who they are.
    MeadMaker, M4ster_M1ner and SkareCboi like this.
  8. Trust me, I've used customer service before and its fine. The person in question apoligised
    Acemox2k, MrsWishes and 607 like this.
  9. Doesn't do the same thing if they don't think they did wrong in the first place. You'll come on here and complain about everything we do, but when I try to fix something specific that you mention, you won't cooperate.

No wonder you think we aren't doing well enough. What else haven't you reported?
  10. That's why Krysyy suggested a PM instead of mentioning it here in the open.

And in the (IMO unlikely) event where the above scenario would happen you can always send Krysyy another PM.

Sorry but this is exactly what I hinted at in "that other thread". Do you want stuff to change or do you only want to critisize? If you truly want stuff to change then yeah: sometimes you got to stick your neck out and take chances. At the risk of some people not liking what you do. Just take a look at this thread for a prime example of that.
    Acemox2k and 607 like this.
  11. Then they'd be failing at they're role, so would have to be told off even more. Their is no point having staff improvement threads if we can't be brave enough to say it to stay themselves.
    MercenaryCrow likes this.
  12. Believe it or not, the idea of staff being 'out to get someone' is simply not possible in our staff system. If there's not evidence to support the ban, then it's overturned and the staff member is reminded of what does/doesn't constitute action.

As in the case of pm's to me, it's not shared with the other staff. I've had MANY players come to me upset before and we worked together to reach the root of the problem. Have any of them been targeted and banned unjustly? No. Have the mods been reminded/corrected in pm's as a result? Yes. The mods don't focus on banning players for fun, because if they were, the mods know there are consequences.
    Acemox2k, penfoldex, khixan and 8 others like this.
  13. I merely complained about some staff stubbornness, and in another thread getting on top of the nether (which I'm mostly over). Despite owning a gold farm I still think the xp bug should have been removed I and never used that exploit in the first place. I was only concerned this would lead to other farm nerfs. If I
    and thought this server was total crud, I wouldn't play on it. I LIKE this server for the most part, and that is mostly why I wont state who I had the conversation with because I want to keep playing on it without that stress over my head.
  14. I hope I'll once be able to write so thoughtfully and hit so many points right as ShelLuser does in nearly every single post :p
  15. That's your choice, but when they act similarly in the future and you get upset that they 'always' act that way, keep in mind that you could have kept it from happening again.

My pm's are private and are used in the case of a player having an issue with a moderator. If/when you choose to contact me, my inbox is open.
  16. I have the perfect solution for Rex and Flare and anyone else that doesn't like Aikar's answers and just want to whine about it. Find a new server. If it's so very painful for you to play on this one just leave. It's as easy as that and I'm sure you will be able to find one that is just perfect for you. Just call me the Answer Man.
  17. C'mon it would be pretty obvious who left an anonymous tip when this person probably only argued with one person last night.
    EDIT: Nope failed :p
  18. Krysyy gave you the "nice" version of her frustration btw. Yes imma be that person who is the giant who steps on the human who stepped on the bug type scenario. YOUR accusations are FALSE and that maybe treat others how you want to be treated? Haters gonna hate on you buddy boy
    Jennypoo10 likes this.
  19. Dude people make mistakes Krysyy is human to. can i just remind you that its just a game? Your third comment of maybe lets stop targeting staff WTH are you doing with your nether spleef comment?
    Jennypoo10 likes this.
  20. My third comment was worded poorly, what I meant by it is people need to stop making threads basically saying "staff you suck, here's why" I was explaining to people looking for a change in staffs ways (especially regarding the thread title" that the probably wont change because most are stubborn(supported by example) and they are more stubborn if asked rudely which most people were. Sorry for the misunderstanding.