Staff deleting/hiding threads.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rex1o, Feb 15, 2016.

1. I disagree, but that's funny as hell lol
  2. Then I'm sure this isn't rudely directed towards Mojang (the makers of Minecraft and the reason this server even exists) at all, nor does it show any signs of having a big head nor a closed mind.
    I think we should all take your advice, seriously. We all have faults. In order to move on, we must accept them. Sure, people may portray me as a rude individual, but in one way or another they may also be rude towards others as well and every particular level of rudeness could be portrayed differently from person-to-person. I'm not being rude. I'm being blunt maybe, yes, but hardly rude. I'm just stating how I think things will go down. Look, Shel already replied, so this thread is already reaching its final stages anyway.

Please don't respond to what I said. I really don't want to see more updates from this thread or any others like this anymore in my alerts. If you have to lock this thread too, then by all means do so.
    gladranger7, UltiPig, Rex1o and 2 others like this.
  3. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that. I'm sure you'll learn the difference between these eventually when someone starts to criticize you in the same way as you have been 'criticizing' others so far.

There is this link at the top of the thread (top right corner) called "Unwatch thread". Click it and all those alerts are a thing of the past.
  4. Oh, look, another thread filled with crying.
  5. Why is it all I hear these days is complaining. I mean it's ok if somebody complains about something major or dangerous. But most of these are nether everybody makes mistakes and sometimes things would happen that ya don't like and that's fine. What's not fine is when insults and accusations fly with no justified purpose. And that is why some threads are closed, not because there afraid of what they did.
  6. Uh, can I have your money now? I think you lost.
    Acemox2k and gladranger7 like this.

7. Two things I see wrong that will cause problems.

Opposers with a counter!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had my opinions expressed in my other thread which I ASKED for it to be closed AFTER things were settled on my end of my opinions.
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/how-i-feel-2016-is-going.62021/

It seems after a day it was over but it seems not to be the case. I ask you all a favor, if your opinions are being SPITEFUL let's leave these out of a discussion. We had many threads that close due to this. Opinions are great things, but why waste your argument holding grudges?
  8. This is literally the most productive post of this entire thread.
  9. I believe that was the point of it. It was to make people realize that they are fighting over stupidity.
  10. I've never had an issue with EMC staff. They are patient, polite, and willing to consider the viewpoints of others.

I've never seen a thread closed simply because someone disagreed with staff. These forums are extremely open and we're allowed to ramble for post after post. The only time I see the staff closing a thread is when the discussion devolves into a series of false accusations and inflammatory remarks.

Many of the statements I see in these threads have no part in a mature discussion. They still appear, I think, because the audience for EMC is young and simply does not know how to hold a mature discussion. This is why threads get closed. Not because the staff aren't willing to engage with the community, but because the community sometimes doesn't know when it's doing something self destructive.

@Rex10 -- straw man
  11. I had to download that video... It's.. Amazing..
    Starpuncher likes this.
  12. I say we burn the staff aliv- I mean, come to a peaceful agreement.

Honestly, the thread that the person brought up kind of brought some drama with it. Most of the threads that bring up the flaws do. Regarding that, the only way to resolve the drama it is stirring up is to just put a stop to it. Same happened to religion, but I doubt EMC will make rules against opinions on Aikar's vision.

EDIT: Didn't read over half the responses, so I am sorry if I restated somebody.
    gladranger7, ShelLuser and tuqueque like this.

13. Thank you for your masterpiece..
  14. I would like people to tell me that I am doing something wrong and it's what he just did.
  15. you are doing something wrong by asking to be criticized, up your self-esteem!!! it is what He(tuqueque) said.

Didn't understand what u meant, so i played with the words
  16. That quote wasn't directed towards you may I tell you now :p
  17. Aye, its one of those threads where people fight over nothing... These are getting ever so more popular.
    Staff are great, and they do a brilliant job *drops microphone and walks out room*
  18. Oh, come on... with what goal in mind did you create this thread, Rex1o?
  19. Honestly, there have been few but in the same time too many cases where threads were locked and / or hidden without a sound reason - but just because the owners / staff didn't know better or didn't have the energy and/or time to respond in a better way.
    Also, the forum / web server was recently configured to disallow archiving, which prevents threads to be archived by public archiving services.

This thread is very funny - but I think it also can remind staff that closing and/or hiding threads is cheap, problematic, unfair and casts a shadow over EMC.

There are good ways to answer to rudeness, overacting, false statements, libel etc. - but censoring is not one of them.

Edit single posts and send original content back to the poster for adjustment? Good.
    Answer in a mature way? Good.
    Simply lock or hide? Not good.