Snapshots for 1.16

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Talechaser, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Cool!
    There are quite some mods in this thread, so we'll see if it's changed. :D

Anyway, I also thought that there hadn't been any snapshots because I didn't recall seeing any slicedlime videos on them. Turns out that I have learnt to subconsciously ignore them... :p I guess that's because at some point, when no new content gets added anymore and it's almost entirely bug fixes, I don't care enough anymore. But now I do, so I watched them back!

I really like the Piglins! They have great personality. I love how they have (fitting!) sounds for retreating and even for being jealous. I also think it's very cool (well, it's terrible of course, but it's fictional, and I like that they implemented it into Minecraft) that when they are young, Piglins and Hoglins play together, but when they grow up they attempt to kill each other.
    The target block is fun, too! (It is a block that emits a redstone signal when you hit it with a projectile, of which the strength depends on how close to the centre the projectile hit :))
  2. I see the title has not yet been changed, so I have reported post #20 so someone will take a look at it. (in case it is changed, for future reference: the current title is "First snapshot for 1.16")

The ambient sounds are quite scary! Has anyone explored the Nether since their addition yet? I wonder if they play constantly, like the underwater sounds, or rarely, like cave sounds. I'm guessing the former. That will quite change the experience, probably! Maybe for the worse, I hope not. Of course you can turn them off, though... as it might get unpleasant feeling like you are inside someone's belly all the time. :p
  3. I frankly think the souls escaping the soul sand goes too far. I wonder if other 'sensitive souls' :cool: have given feedback about this, and it might be changed back. The idea of soul sand has always been the same, and yes, it is lurid, but adding sounds and particles? That's too much.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  4. I like the idea of lodestone, but I'm not sure if it will get much use. It certainly won't in EMC, as we already have that functionality. :p (it lets you let a compass point to a certain location in the world)
    And the Strider mob is cool! :D

I've heard some people say it looks too much like modded Minecraft and too little like vanilla. Maybe because of the fluid animations? I could get that. I don't mind, though, I like it. :)
  5. I really like the idea of the Strider mob's functionality, but I greatly dislike how it looks. Despite all of their efforts to redo textures to fit a uniform style, the Strider in no way fits in with the other mobs. It just looks so derpy, ugly, and unfinished, in my opinion.

Also hope that the constant shaking when outside of lava is just a bug that they'll change. The constant seizing looks incredibly unintentional to me, and if it IS an intended feature, I do hope it's one they'll think twice on.
  6. I agree with all this. I think the shaking is intentional, they're supposed to be cold out of lava. Everyone I saw on reddit seems to have fallen in love with them, not me... they're nothing more than demons. I would have preferred lava boats. The basalt making method looks nice though.
  7. Finally other people discussing 1.16 again. :p
    Yeah, I see what you mean.
    I do like the functionality! I'm not in favour of lava boats. The idea doesn't make sense to me, I don't think it would be as fun, and I think it would be more, and too, powerful.
    ForeverMaster likes this.
  8. It's not in Verdana :eek:

Lava boats actually sound sorta fun, but I think to make it less overpowered, it would have to work only on lava, and not on water, because gravity and physics and the density of the liquid and stuff like that. It would be overpowered if it were to work on both water and lava, and that just wouldn't really make sense if it did.

But also, this is Minecraft. Do we really care about physics?
    607 likes this.
  9. Thanks, I fixed it!
    I think lava boats would by far be most useful in the Nether, and there your suggestion would not make it less powerful, as there is no water in the Nether. :p
    Nickblockmaster and wafflecoffee like this.
  10. Well, yes, my suggestion was just for people who might bring the boat back and forth between the Nether and the Overworld and use them in both worlds, for lava and water respectively. I don't know, I guess my suggestion is to add a bit of complexity to a game that's already too complex for my liking :p
    My mindset is still in 1.12 & coloured concrete is still new to me, even though it was released back in 2017, haha.

I just realised that I joined EMC when Minecraft was in 1.12, and it's been 1.12 the entire time I've been on EMC except the past two weeks. I'm alright with change in real life, but Minecraft? I'll stick with my pre-1.12 stone slabs, thank you very much. o.(o)
    Nickblockmaster, TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  11. The Zoglin texture is terrifying!

I do wonder why part of their skeleton is black? :confused: Was it scorched?
    Anyway, I hope the names will be made consistent.
    The current situation:
    Villager -> Zombie Villager
    Piglin -> Zombified Piglin
    Hoglin -> Zoglin
    :confused:
    My preferred solution would be prefixing all with 'Zombie', as I think it sounds a lot better than 'Zombified'. So Zombie Villager, Zombie Piglin, Zombie Hoglin.
  12. That looks cool. And yeah it looks like it's either scorched there on its back or got a bit of with skeleton going on there
    607 likes this.
  13. 1.16 has a serious potential to become one of the best updates since 1.13 in my opinion. So many new blocks and mechanics to enjoy...

I mean look at those bizarre patterns on the hyphae blocks... or the crying obsidian (left right). Not to mention the new 'twisted' color scheme (see the sign) and wood types. Then again... is it wood or is it hyphae? And these wood types are immune to burning something which was only possible with a petrified slab (something only available in your creative inventory).

Then there are also the new mechanics... respawning in the nether, but also being able to set your compass to point to the lodestone (which also works in the nether, though not permanently).

All in all... this could be really good. And what to think about /locatebiome?
    607 and Nickblockmaster like this.
  14. Huh, that makes me wonder if anyone has been selling petrified oak slabs on EMC. I haven't seen it. Maybe not, because they're not too useful above regular oak slabs, and aren't so rare that they would be sought after by collectors.
    But yeah, rather cool update so far. :D I find it strange that there is so little excitement about it on EMC, but I think it is because of the 1.13, 1.14 and 1.15 release on EMC happening at the same time.
  15. Minecraft can be devious as well ;) I've had a lot of criticism regarding the fletching and smithing table because the game shows you a recipe for it but if you craft a fletching table then it doesn't 'do' anything. So I kind of considered the whole thing plain out useless.

Well, turns out that a village can now also have a lot of unemployed villagers. So villagers which don't do anything and also refuse to interact with you. Using such a table block gives them a job and it gives you a mob to trade with, which is pretty cool.

I think it's still a shame that there's no real functionality but ey... at least it's something :)
    607 and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  16. It is official... the Mojang devs have also been watching (and reading) plenty of Star Wars (in specific the prequels) because this area could easily mimic Mustafar if you ask me:

20w15a has been released; it doesn't add too much but one of the more specific features is the blackstone. Somewhat comparable (functionality wise) with cobblestone (you can also make furnaces with this one).

I really enjoy the way they've been reshaping the Nether; it really comes alive while also still keeping the desolate (and dangerous!) atmosphere roughly as it was. It's still the desolate area, but there's a bit more diversity in the scenery.
    Joy_the_Miner and 607 like this.
  17. sooooo excited about the locate biome command! it’s all i’ve wanted!!!
    ShelLuser, Joy_the_Miner and 607 like this.
  18. Favorite new biome hands down, and I love the palette that the new combination of basalt and blackstone (let alone gilded blackstone!) gives us. This completely opens up builds... I sense a Dragonstone-esque castle in my future (let's be honest–my inner Daenerys has always wanted it).
    __Devil_, 607 and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  19. The Nether looks legitimately scary right now. I'm thinking of The Roads of Mordor now. >:3
    607 likes this.
  20. The three new Nether songs they just added (Chrysopoeia, Rubedo, So Below) are beautiful! I'm going to have to start playing with music on again. Probably my favourite part of the update so far.

Cool stuff about their titles:
    Chrysopoeia - is the transmutation of other elements into gold (gold being a major theme of the nether)
    Rubedo - is the Latin word for "redness" and it plays in the very red Nether Wastes
    607 and ShelLuser like this.