Snapshots for 1.16

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Talechaser, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Regarding the third title, I saw this in a youtube comment, which I thought was interesting:
    “So Below” is the second half of the phrase “As above, so below.” The original phrase means that what is done in heaven or the spiritual realm should/shall also be done down on earth. However the title of the song cuts out the first half of the phrase, implying that the connections to heaven have been severed and evil and suffering will have their way.
  2. I'm not sure if I like mobs avoiding campfires. :p A very cool snapshot, though. :) I would actually like to explore the Nether now! Maybe I'll get Minecraft for the Switch. :)
  3. The new structure for the Piglins seems quite cool!
    I wonder if the original Nether Fortresses will stay. I wouldn't mind if they got an overhaul.
  4. Not to sure tbh. I also like the desolate feel of those fortresses, where danger can lurk around evety corner. It's a nice change from the pretty crowded nether 😉
    Hashhog and 607 like this.
  5. Pretty big snapshots! Custom dimensions are now supported, which has lots of potential. Looks like redstone now can be toggled between the cross / dot, which is also cool. Looking forward to 1.16!
    ForeverMaster, 607 and Impulsive_Egg like this.
  6. I'm mostly excited for the new wood types, they're such pretty colors! I've got to figure out how to make room in my shop for the new blocks, however...
    607 likes this.
  7. Ah right, I was going to post about that, but forgot about it as usual. :p
    Yeah, I hope that stays supported! I just checked in 1.15, and the old way of making custom worlds is gone (except for superflats). I just looked it up, and it was actually removed back in 1.13. Took them a while to add it back in...
  8. I just saw this and figured I should post it before I forget. ;)

Looks like 1.16.0 is feature-complete!

Edit: Turns out there's also already a Prerelease 5, a bit higher up in my subscription feed. :p
    Impulsive_Egg and wafflecoffee like this.
  9. I will be frank I'm not exactly sure what a pre-release actually means
    607 likes this.
  10. Hi Frank!

"pre" = before. :) The pre-releases in Minecraft basically mean that the full version will be out soon.
    607 likes this.
  11. Which unfortunately means the weird derpy strider designs are here to stay... if they wanted to make their Hell world uglier, that mob has succeeded.
  12. I don't think one mob could outweigh all the amazing additions that were done to make it more beautiful. :p
  13. I don't know... Mr. Strider is very ugly.
  14. What I'm confused about is whether a pre-release is an actual snapshot version or if it's just a changelog of everything that's going to be added in 1.16
    Although now that I think about it I'm assuming pre-release is just the final snapshot before the official release.
    607 likes this.
  15. Practically it's just another snapshot. There can be many pre-releases, though.
    607 and Impulsive_Egg like this.
  16. I feel like that 'though' should have been an 'even'. :p
    A difference I've noticed is that snapshots are released weekly (sometimes with a critical bugfix snapshot shortly after the first one) whereas we've got 6 prereleases in less than 2 weeks.
  17. Snapshots typically add new features to the game. Pre-release means that all the features are added and they're just working on bug fixes / refining the game into a more polished state.
    Impulsive_Egg likes this.
  18. thaaaank you, that makes sense
  19. Concurring with previous comments. Pre-release just means they are done adding major features/changes. Honing in on the bugs that need fixed. Not necessarily more stable than a given snapshot. Nor specifically indicative of the actual release date.