Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Is there an issue with locked chests in the Wilds/Wastes? I have been exploring far out in the Wilds on smp7 and needed to lock a chest before returning to town. When you create the sign everything seems normal until the sign is saved. Now this may be an issue with the name I placed on the second line. On the sign, I entered the following:

1st line: Locked ---------- Completed sign reads - 1st line: [Locked]
    2nd line: _Susu_ ------------------------------------ 2nd line: Xyzevq
    3rd line: Xyzevq ------------------------------------- 3rd line: Xyzevq
    4th line: Tbird1128 ---------------------------------- 4th line: Tbird1128

It will be quite some time before I can go out there with _Susu_ and see if the chest can be opened. But, it is very strange that when I save the sign it changes that first name (on the second line) to the name making the sign. I broke the sign and recreated it with the same results - that cost me 500r. Thoughts?
  2. If you create a lock sign, the second line will be automatically filled out. This means that you should write nothing on the second line, and _Susu_ on the 3rd line. If you break a locked sign within 300 seconds of creating it, you get all 1000 rupees back. :)
    607 and _Susu_ like this.
  3. Thanks Tom - I can tell it has been ages since I have been away from Utopia. Little details like that. Nothing for our over-worked Chicken to deal with. Thanks again!!! :oops:
    607, Stnywitness and TomvanWijnen like this.
  4. I've run across this as well with one loc and I did the same.. just reset the location. Haven't noticed that it did that with others but haven't used them all. I fall thru the world most time after arriving at my destination so have been reluctant to try them all at this time.

The thing about this is that if you were a supported at the time of setting it and are not now I don't think it's possible to reset it now.

I'm sure it will all be sorted as soon as the devs can get to it. So many little buggies to squash

_Susu_, 607 and Stnywitness like this.
  5. Greetings all!

Just had a Shop Sign issue, and haven't seen it addressed anywhere yet. It has to do with a Mob Egg. Specifically a Mooshroom.

While Shop has been set-up for years, this was the 1st time I'had interaction for a while with them. 2 stks of Eggs in Chest, 1st attempt by Customer was "Shop not properly set-up yet". Using /iteminfo, I found that instead of the defautl "Mob Egg" on the last line, it now should be "Mooshroom Egg". Removed/replaced Sign, resulting purchase attempt was "Shop out of Stock".

These eggs have been in there for years, and there were 2 stks. This experience prompts the question, do I need to re-adjust EVERY sign, or just Mob Eggs? Also, is anyone else experiencing this?
    607 likes this.
  6. Have you tried with anything other than Mooshrooms?
    A while back we did have to change the names of the items on the shop signs, thus part one of your message, so since you haven't played for a while, I'm trying to ascertain if this is a 'new' problem or just remnants of the past....
    607 and Stnywitness like this.
  7. I will try now. I will also attempt to Spawn a Mooshroom, then capture ...to see if that makes a difference as well :)

I was also wondering if this happens with the new Mobs ... as I haven't heardesen anyone having any issues selling new stuff.

8. Update ..... Shop Set-up behaving different than yesterday's description above. With Mob Eggs, left clicking sign to finalize Shop now in place.... Changing "Mob Egg" into specific flavor now.

Results from just now:

1st attempt ....Rabbits ...out of stock 1st time (both old and new eggs in chest). 2nd try purchased.
    2nd attempt ...back to Mooshroom chest from yesterday, labeled properly, and purchased successfully.
    3rd attemp ....Pigs ... left click Sign to finalized, 22 eggs, "Out of Stock". Threw one down, re-egged, it stacked on others and purchase was successful.
    4th attempt ....Sheep ....left clicked to finalize, worked perfectly.

So, I suppose I could say I've experienced pretty much every outcome I could have :D
    As a secondary question, does the [Choose] function continue to behave as normal? The Rabbit (and say Horses) Eggs caused this inquiry as there are different varieties.

It does appear to be working as it should now, though.

Keep up the fine work EMC !!! <3
    607 likes this.
  9. Multiple players on SMP9 are having ping trouble, with numbers from 350ms up to 4000ms.
    From my point of view, the problem occurred for the first time this morning. Normal for me is 50-100.
  10. I've been connected to smp9 for a while on my alt, waffleheads. Probably about a half hour. Ping is staying at 40ms.
  11. Ok looks like ping is normalizing now.
    The rest of the internet was not affected, so it looks like it isn't the local ISP
  12. Something happened since last night! Today when I logged in I was at my iron farm and notice no iron was coming in at all. Went to check the villagers and they where all gone 9 in total. So I got 9 eggs and spawned new ones in. While standing there waiting for them to grow up I noticed when they go to bed and wake up they fall though the bed to their death. I placed solid blocks under the bed and re-spawned 9 more. And they still fall though the bed and blocks to their death. Try a few other things but nothing works. No problem with the villagers at the farm since the update until today.
    Nickblockmaster, 607, UltiPig and 2 others like this.
  13. I just saw Lucky's post above and decided I better check our recently modified, updated iron farm - same problem as lucky. About 2/3's of the villagers are missing. A bunch of them were clustered at the bubblevator. By the time I got there, a single iron golem had succeeded in pushing all but 5 of them into the water stream to their deaths. So yes, something has changed and it is lethal to villagers. Like Lucky, I hadn't had this problem until today.
    luckycordel, 607 and EquableHook like this.
  14. Why is smp7 preparing to shutdown? That is what it says on the forums here, where u can see how many people are on the smp's. (by pressing community, then servers)
    607 likes this.
  15. That's been a bug that's existed since the update. The server isn't shutting down if you don't see "SERVER RESTARTING IN 1 MINUTE" flashing across your screen :p
    Fadeddd, 607 and Stnywitness like this.
  16. The res default command is not working? Giving me funky messages like "need to be standing on a res" when I am or "need to be owner of the res" when I am.
    Stnywitness likes this.
  17. Light bug(s) got worse today.
    Until today:
    - teleporting to a location again (like doing /home once more) mostly fixed the light
    - switching smps forth and back would fix the light (almost?) every time
    - the bug would (mostly) show itself as one large dark area, from a distinct border to one side
    - placing a light source (mostly?) had no effect, it didn't update the light
    Today:
    - teleporting again does not fix the light
    - switching to a different smp and then back doe not fix the light
    - there are several smaller dark areas
    - the light can be locally updated / corrected by placing a light source.
    - logging out and connecting again does not fix the light
  18. I believe Aikar mentioned that it was an issue with MC, not EMC, but I can't find the screenshot anywhere.
    Fadeddd likes this.
  19. So, uh, MASSIVE TPS issues... the TPS on SMP2 went down to 3 1.4TPS... Yes, threeone point four TPS. Luckily, Elfin was on, and investigating it... but... I just want to put this here if the devs weren't aware. I was unable to connect to smp2 because it had said the server had gone down. Anything we can do to optimise this besides the "use less farms" advice?

edit: So SMP2 had to be completely shut down because the lag was too bad. F for SMP2.

Edit 2: