Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. I though i had this issue but it turns out having your render distance at 48 is not a good idea
    Sprhyngtime and ForeverMaster like this.
  2. wow who'da thunk it
    Sprhyngtime, Fadeddd and TheFryedmans like this.
  3. Smp3 is down, won't let me connect to any of the other smp's either, says I'm still logged in
  4. Back up
  5. It don't matter, I have farms too, lets go back to digging the dirt with fists and planting potatoes.
    Sprhyngtime likes this.
  6. viva la revolution
    Roslyn likes this.
  7. This issue is still very much ongoing. Teleports take about 5 seconds all the time, and after that moving between some chunks gives tiny/small/medium/large stutters as well. I asked someone to come to see if they also had the sane issues, and they did, so it doesn't seem to be client based.
    607 likes this.
  8. We have seen your report.
    Within the last 24 hours, we updated the server trying to mitigate this issue.
    Did you see it get any better since you originally reported it?

It is worth noting that teleports are not intended to be immediate, and server lag will of course slow them down for obvious reasons. I do not know the conditions when a build takes more time to load/send.
    To me, it makes sense that something more complex - meaning made of more exposed blocks - takes more time for the server to process what to send to the client.
  9. The problems (lag and light) are obviously there no matter if the chunks are loaded or not. The server has to determine if the destination is valid and if teleporting is allowed, but other than that it just has to send the chunks.
    The delay and light problems occur after the teleporting - entities are already there, block and light data apparently isn't.
    More complex chunks might take a bit longer to pack and send, but I think that shouldn't play a role here.
    I suggest to analyze (data, order and timing) the communication between the server and the client when teleporting compared to vanilla.
    607 likes this.
  10. Thanks - I got a bit impatient because it is bothering me so much, sorry for that. :p

I tested again about half an hour before I sent that post, and did not find much improved, unfortunately. Perhaps the chunks issue was a tiny bit better, but sadly still very prevalent.
    The teleporting issue doesn't seem to have been improved - if anything it has gotten worse. It generally takes around 5 seconds to teleport to 859@Egg when coming from somewhere else on 859. Even if I stand a few blocks away from the destination, it still takes as long. During this waiting time, my Minecraft sometimes briefly goes into "not responding" mode. Before the Wednesday update, teleporting was pretty much instant. Sometimes the world took a second or so to properly load, but at least you could still move while waiting - now you're completely frozen (can't move, or change where you're looking at, or open chat). That has never before been the case.
    607 likes this.
  11. That does sound like a client issue, to be honest. Or a case of bad programming on Mojang's side, as waiting on data from the server should not cause clients to freeze.
  12. I agree that it's a weird issue and seemingly client related. I've so far experienced it on 4 .minecrafts on 4 accounts, but I will also try it on a different computer in a bit just to be sure.

Still, this suddenly being an issue after the Wednesday update tells me that it is more likely to be a server side issue.
    607 likes this.
  13. may i ask what specs the computer is ?

i doupt that would be a problem tho
  14. Tom has two systems. He probably currently plays on his laptop, a HP Zbook G5 x360 (as far as I can remember)
    CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H
    GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000
    RAM: 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4
    SSD: 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD

His PC is an antirely different self-build system. I believe it has simmilair, but slightly higher, specs.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 680
    RAM: 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4
    SSD: 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD
    HDD: too many... Roughly 6TB I believe...
  15. I believe that update earlier this morning solved the tps problem, so thank you devs and staff! <3
  16. I believe it's server side, as it's been happening to more than one person, it's happened since the same specific update, and a lot of us are getting similar symptoms. Although, like Tom said, the symptoms do seem weirdly client side.
    jewael_king and TomvanWijnen like this.
  17. Seems to be fixed
  18. Of course! I'll fix them in Jelle's quote, he's nearly right. :)

:)
    Egeau likes this.
  19. I just tried it on my laptop (all previous sessions since Wednesday were on my desktop) and observed the same issues. This was in an unmodded version of minecraft 1.15.2 (my goodness, stock minecraft is nearly unplayable with is terrible performance, but that's beside the point :p).
  20. I tested a bit with vanilla 1.15.2 server on Linux and my MC client on Win7 (fabrics, optifabric, optifine) and I could not reproduce any issues when teleporting, both to near and to far destinations. That testing wasn't yet extensive enough to make a conclusion.