Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. rip smp2, my homebody server </3
    Milosaurus_Rex and wafflecoffee like this.
  2. Hopefully we won't be closed too much longer. Biggest concern is locating the problem and clearing it up so when everyone comes back we don't immediately go back to more problems. :)

Keep an eye on broadcasts as well as here for updates. We'll let you know when smp2 is back up.
  3. So you just *happen* be online when SMP2 goes down?
    And we know for a fact that you have been playing with both WorldEdit and TnT, a combination to dangerous for any SS to handle under the best of circumstances.

You got something to say for yourself, Elfin?
  4. Ok ok ok you caught me. I have to admit I was attempting to cause a chunk I suspected of creating lag to...welll...lag some more by reloading it right before we had this problem. But as I hoped that effort was no bueno

So....no I'm not at fault....this time. :)

Speaking of lag - smp2 is back open. This was announced in game.
  5. i suspect someone got carried away with farming... lol
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  6. Yeah lets ban farms and go back to being primitive plebs for the sake of performance.
  7. brb undoing the industrial revolution
  8. Yes, but the question is what was changed yesterday - and the change is substantial. I didn't change my MC config. (Except if something in MC got auto-updated on start and I'm not aware of it). I have Win7, so no updates or changes from that side.

Now it looks like this and can't be changed by disconnecting and connecting again.

It can be changed by having blinking redstone lamps around, but that would be an ugly workaround that would add to the lag...
    TomvanWijnen, Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  9. so what actually caused smp2's meltdown last night?
    Nickblockmaster and EquableHook like this.
  10. Hope you enjoyed the refugee camp setup on utopia for all the SMP2 homeless. :D
  11. you clearly havent seen my farms to make a response like that. ok guy.
    M4ster_M1ner and Nickblockmaster like this.
  12. I reported on this in the 1.15 thread, but realised that it would be better posted here.
    Ever since the update on Wednesday I've been getting really bad freezes/hangs of 1-5 seconds when teleporting (even within the same residence and even while really close to the teleport destination). When crossing chunk borders I also often get small/medium stutter/freeze. This was not the case before the update of Wednesday.

The area I'm having these issues in is on my residences (859, 752, 1070, etc), and in many chunks there, not just a few specifc chunks. It also happens in other places, such as in specific chunks on 102 or when teleporting to 102.

My internet is good, and I can't think of anything on my computer that would suddenly create this poor performance.
  13. look at your render distance
  14. It's on 8, has been like that since at least 1.15. :)

I just popped it down to 4 to test if that helped, but it did not, unfortunately (if anything, it made it worse :p).
    M4ster_M1ner and UltiPig like this.
  15. I can report the same issues as Tom happening.
    I get these problems and my render distance is 3 chunks. I've not changed my render distance settings since the Wednesday update.
    jewael_king and TomvanWijnen like this.
  16. I will third this issue. Teleporting is really slow and delayed. I also experience fps drops randomly as well. This only appears to happen in town though. When I'm out in the wild/waste, I don't experience any fps drops. This all started after the update that increased render distance.
  17. I fourth it. Didn't really realize it was a problem until other people were having it as well. I chalked it up to my internet just being a piece of garbage
  18. The random freeze of 1-2 s when teleporting started with the update to 1.15 and my impression is that it has something to do with the light bug, that it's some kind of race condition in the client, but it has something to do with the server and or connection as well.
    I've tested teleporting on a vanilla 1.15.2 server and could not reproduce this behavior.
    Analyzing the difference in what the servers send to the client could help find the cause or at least a workaround.
    Impulsive_Egg likes this.
  19. Since yesterday, some monsters perform slightly less than average - they can't climb up nor climb down 1 block high step.
    This quite changes the experience...

Fadeddd, wafflecoffee and 607 like this.