Residence Update Log! The latest changes in the Empire Town!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Maxarias, Apr 25, 2014.

1. That is amazing
  2. Thanks doc!
  3. @tonia

I agree with DrMadFate. That is AMAZING!
  4. Just enhanced the banners on my res. Now Serpentbridge has an official crest (left), and their allegiance with the Village of Lost Children is portrayed on the right. Lov
    I've also been able to restock on wool in my shop, and now I sell enchanted items! (small-time)
    SirTah and amadai like this.
  5. those are EPIC!
  6. Hi gang!

So how does one go from one residence to the other? No peeking on the wiki! ;)

A free EMC cookie for everyone who guessed it right, and I'm sure you're one of them: using the /visit command (or /v for short). Well, guess what? That command is now obsoleted. The real hip people travel by subway!

This is the new and easy way to travel. And the only thing you need is to have access to all the residences between yours and the one you want to travel to. Can't get any easier than that, right? ;)

Now; some weeks ago my friend LBoss decided to claim a second residence on SMP2; directly next to my 2nd SMP2 residence (which is actually my 4th) and diagonally of my main. Last week a residence right next to my main went derelict and I managed to claim that using my alt.

And that called for something new... A direct connection between our residences ;)

My storage sits around y10, so to make this compatible we need to go up! ;)

It crosses a double road, goes onto my alt residence, and then takes a turn to LB's residence...

And here we reached our destination. That's how you travel from 3544 to 3641 on SMP2 ;)

Arrival/departure on LB's residence

Of course there's also some redstone involved, but nothing too special this time:

Arrival on my residence, you can see the hopper next to the cactus

Unfortunately the trick to break the cart and then quickly scoop it up using the hopper doesn't always work these days, but there's an easy work around for that: a chest. The carts which end up in the hopper or chest eventually end up in my hopper chain which transports them into a dropper which feeds into the dispenser which you could see on the first picture.

That dropper is connected to a redstone clock which makes sure that all items get pushed into the dispenser so that you will always get a cart when you push the button:

Redstone circuit to push the carts into the dispenser

And there you have it; the latest update on SMP2 ;)

What about that cookie?

Easy! Just open up your browser, go to the cookie settings and I'm sure you'll find plenty of them there ;)
  7. Cool!
    I'm not sure if it's actually more efficient, but it surely creates a feeling of connection! ;)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. I am prepping to open my new shop soon! :D

jhtk01, UltiPig, SirTah and 3 others like this.

9. Added these snazzy objects and made myself a stone slab shield. :D
    SirTah and ItsMeMatheus like this.
  10. It's not super special, but even so I like having this around. My somewhat simple, but functional, chorus farm:

Funny thing is that I started with 1 chorus flower. Then I started collecting flowers and fruit, cooked the fruit into popped fruit and turned that into purpur blocks, then created slabs and pillar blocks and before you know I had this :)

I especially like the end rods, that's a really versatile light source!
    607, UltiPig, Kytula and 1 other person like this.
  11. One year ago I posted about my semi-automated vegetable farm. Well, as you probably know there have been some changes when 1.9 hit: we have a new vegetable called beetroot. And that required an expansion :)

Hardest part is over: placing the sign. Now to expand my farm & connect the redstone :D

Now, you should know that when it comes to builds such as these then I'm a geek. Meaning: my farm is basically a multi-floor build where every layer has some vegetables planted. Normally I click one button which activates the dispensers on all levels and everything drops down, gets collected by a hopper and stored in a chest.

So far, so good. But I also wanted the option to trigger individual floors, this is also what you see in the picture above. For the theoretical situation when I might need one vegetable while the others aren't fully grown yet. Fun fact: the only time I actually used this was during the expansion of this building; I individually cleared out the netherwart so that I could move that level one storage up and replace it with beetroot. But its the thought which counts! ;)

Behold, 5 levels! :)

Wheat at the bottom followed by carrots, potatoes (where you can see Aya standing), beetroot (this used to be netherwart) and the newly build expansion: the top floor with netherwart. All fun and well but this whole thing posed another problem on its own: expanding the redstone circuit. After all: not only did I have to add a new circuit (which should trigger the dispensers on the 3rd floor) but also make sure that it would be included with my "global trigger".

And so I decided to remove the 3 individual "torch towers" I had and combine it into one 2x2 tower. One tower to trigger them all... :) In case you're not familiar with the term: a (redstone) torch tower is basically a building where you place a redstone torch, then a block on top, and then a torch on the block and another block on the torch again. This can help you to move a redstone signal up to other levels. Like my different vegetable areas:

A closer look at the torch tower; you can see that it combines 4 signals (torches) in one.

So now the only thing left to do was to add a new circuit...

And this is another prime example why plenty of redstone builders use wool in their structures. Why? Well, simple really: to make sure that you can see what each individual circuit does. Here, this is the circuit after I changed some connections and added a new one (for the moved netherwart level):

All circuits connect at the new tower.

I didn't have to check up on what each button said in front, because I knew exactly what each circuit did by simply looking at the wool. Yellow (middle / bottom): potatoes, orange: carrots, red: beetroot and finally brown: netherwart (to match the color of the soulsand).

Oh, and that light blue wool you wonder? That is the global trigger which triggers all circuits at once.

So now I got a 6 button control panel:

I can really enjoy stuff like this :)

Chorus farm expansion

The ring I build yesterday turned out to be a little off. Sometimes it was too low and in other cases it was too high. So I decided to lower the whole thing a few blocks and then build another ring above it. You can get to the bottom ring using the teleport signs, but I wanted the top to be a little more "realistic" so I connected that with a ladder.

And then decided that I should fill in the empty 'hole' so I added some purple glass panes. And what do you know: purple glass really looks nice in combination with purpur blocks :)

I also added a ground level to "secure" the building a bit. As mentioned above I'm a bit of a geek so I often try to keep real world physics in mind. I don't really enjoy floating structures and I want to make it believable that it could actually support itself.

So instead of using one pillar for my ring, I ended up with two (the one on the righ). And then decided to build the stairs at the back, and also "attach it" which could also be used / seen as some kind of contra-weight to support the ring in the front. This is also the reason why I added a "ground path" between the pillars; basically implying that the structure is "secured" in the ground :)

Edit: the only thing left to do is to more thoroughly 'secure' the top ring. But that's for another time ;)

Small details, but I like stuff like that.

And there you have it; my latest residence expansions.
  12. Back in January, I built a MASSIVE sugar cane farm that supplies me with "infinite" paper for villager trading. It produces several dozens of double chests per day, but I use so much paper in a day that that farm can't keep up. So... I'm working on building another one right next to it soon! :)

VoxelRay, jhtk01, DrMad_ and 2 others like this.
  13. Bring your aviator shades and a pair of Elytra to Utopia /v +flightschool

Go to the Cockpit and get ready for take off. Once you've completed your flight, reenter through the 'cutout' (you'll see it on your way back) and have another go!

Have fun!
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  14. Sounds cool! I haven't got Elytra yet, though...
    jhtk01 likes this.
  15. Just a quick video of the res build and flight school.
    First time embedding a video so I hope I get this right! In case I did it wrong, here's the link https://vimeo.com/171340827 EDIT: Many thanks to Aikar for fixing the media viewer.
    TomvanWijnen, 607 and ShelLuser like this.

16. Edit; probably not the best time of day for a photograph of this considering that the outer layers are darker colors. But it's best viewed from /v Nefian or /v 4270 :)
    ShelLuser and jhtk01 like this.
  17. Working on a better lobby for my shop ^_^
    ShelLuser, 607 and jhtk01 like this.
  18. It's much faster then running. If you not get lost meanwhile.
  19. So my home has an attic sale; a simple small shop in the attic :) Now, to help players find their way around I made a pressure plate in front of my home which you can use to instaport to my shop. Easy.

Only one problem: this evilish contraption has teleported many unwary players to their doom :D So something had to be done. The people (2 or 3 comments ;)) protested and now, 590 (minus 1) days later, I responded! For a moment I was considering to request a Senior Staff structure move but eventually decided against it. This is just a too delicate task.

And now, this tremendous achievement has finally been completed:

Now I need to rest :)
    Patr1cV and SirTah like this.
  20. I started organizing at my res!

And, I doubled the capacity of my super smelter! Now I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 furnaces!

Oh, and here's a pic of my tower (still under construction) just for lol's
    gladranger7, 607, UltiPig and 2 others like this.