Residence Update Log! The latest changes in the Empire Town!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Maxarias, Apr 25, 2014.

1. What smp?
    princetoncreeper likes this.
  2. Smp4 :)
    UltiPig likes this.
  3. My shop will be upgraded more but it is already almost done. All I need is like 20 stacks of oak wood planks.
  4. I just finished my shop come and check it out!!!!!!!!!
    princetoncreeper and _Ulti like this.
  5. Finially finished the Dropper on smp3 6858, check it out guys!
    UltiPig likes this.
  6. When I get another res I will start construction on a mini mall.
  7. I will tell you when construction starts. Anyone can help but I don't have enough rupees to pay the helpers.
  8. I'm making a library and a museum. /v SageCREEPER library will take you to the library and I'll set up a TP to the museum from the library.
  9. SMP2 #3150 is still a work in progress but i've finished the first maze on it. it's inspired by the snowfly forest in vagrant story. feel free to come by and check it out. you may also need some pen and paper :p

currently in the works is a small shop, and a way to give a reward to those who finish the forest maze. i'll also be adding new mazes and a tree house later on.
    CDJS and B4DMAN5IMON like this.
  10. I decided that to get to my shop you have to complete my mega maze. If you have flags on my res you still have to complete the maze to get to it. For example foamy has flags on my res and he hates mazes so I will have a teleport for him.
  11. My shop reopened and is now a lot more pretty come check it out!
  12. Sometimes people ask me what motivates me to program, script or design redstone circuits. And the answer is more or less the same: I'm lazy :D Example? My new residence expansion:

My new auction pickup room!

I used to have 1 chest for auctions. All fine and well but the moment you want to start a new auction before the winner has had a chance to pick up their items you're out of luck. So more room was needed. I had the design all figured out: the chests should be 'embedded' into the wall to look nice. And as you can see above I succeeded.

Only one small problem: now I can't place access signs anymore. The solution is simple: place 2 more chests where I can use them. But you don't really think that I'm going to move all that stuff again whenever someone wins one of my auctions, right?

No, that's why Mojang invented redstone ;)

It's a relatively simple design: 2 chests which have a comparator and redstone lamp attached which indicates any contents. And both are also connected to a hopper chain leading into a dropper. And connected to the dropper is a redstone clock which makes sure all items gets pushed from the dropper into another hopper which pushes them into the destination chest.

End of the hopped chain, you can see the redstone clock on the green wool.

The initial hoppers are blocked by a redstone torch which can be toggled on or off by using a lever (connected to another redstone lamp so that I can see if the device is clearing out or not).

Individual circuit: orange is the indicator circuit, green is the hopper release.

And there you have it. Now to collect the stuff for my next auction and decide where to place it ;)
    607 likes this.
  13. That was a lot more complicated than you said it would be.
    Gawadrolt and princetoncreeper like this.
  14. Now, this update is not on one of my residences but that of a friend of mine. But yeah, I feel like showing off a little bit because I like the end result ;)

So my friend ArkWarrior has a farm on his Utopia residence where stuff automatically comes in, its really cool:

He came up to me with a question: would it be possible to automatically destroy any incoming items as soon as the last chest was filled up? It took a little bit of thinking and double checking but for sure; redstone ftw again ;)

In the background you see a hopper chain going into the right chest. The grey block is a dropper facing down, and behind it is a hopper which feeds into the dropper. This hopper is blocked by a redstone torch below it (invisible in the picture). Here's where the fun begins: behind the left chest is a comparator in subtraction mode. Meaning that it will subtract the signal coming into the side with the signal it gets from behind.

The maximum value of a redstone signal is 15. So a full chest... you may guessed it: has a signal strength of 15. So the quickest (and most compact) way to determine this value is to subtract 14 from it. That's what the redstone torch and two redstone dust besides the comparator do: provide a signal strength of 14.

So basically: the moment the chest is full the redstone behind the comparator gets charged, and that turns on the hopper behind the dropper (as well as the redstone light in the first picture).

And speaking of that dropper: you may recognize the same pattern as above: as soon as items get into the hopper it'll turn on the redstone clock (circuit on the right) which will in its turn trigger the dropper until it has disposed of all the items. Where those items end up with? A lava source block, right below the dropper. Best way to get rid of materials ;)

Don't ya just love the stuff you can do with redstone?

Oh, by the way ArkWarrior... Sorry, but a ShelLuser is not included with the circuit :p ha, ha; you had me good there ;)
    ArkWarrior1 and 607 like this.
  15. A screenshot of my current project on smp6, which is still very much a work in progress. Opinions are most welcome.

607, Kytula, Gawadrolt and 4 others like this.
  16. So elegant!
    607, VoxelRay, Arystina and 1 other person like this.

17. A small project i am working on. On you utopia . Thanks Arystina for taking this wonderfull photo.
    ShelLuser, 607, VoxelRay and 4 others like this.
  18. Thank you, tonia. :)
  19. thats not small! its pretty and massive!
    tonia, DrMadFate and princetoncreeper like this.

20. Couple screenshots of the thing I'm working on right now. I'm going for a kinda... nordic-inspired castle?
    Been working on this for a while, but I still have a ton left to do-the rooves, the interiors... I've got a long way to go but I've been itching to share it :9 I'd love to hear any criticisms or suggestions.

I moved this off of smp1 to utopia for more freedom and flying. Looking forward to getting to know more of you regulars there :*

-Amadai
    Amikon, Jelle68, jhtk01 and 12 others like this.