Residence Update Log! The latest changes in the Empire Town!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Maxarias, Apr 25, 2014.

1. I'm going to build a room inside my res in smp8 /v isaadaboss, which is going to be half a pool room, half just a floor with a bunch of wool colors with a bunch of beacons, glowstone and seats. I want it to be an amazing party room, it's gonna be glowing and awesome! Everyone is welcome. So please help me by donating rupees or materials. :) Thx!
  2. Thats a good one to, like to find a used end where you still can get in and out. want some material.
  3. I made a mini mall and andrewgee donated around 30k worth of supplies to me :D
  4. Hi everyone, danizaurs I would love to visit your mini-mall i will pop around soon, ElleBlues I am just about to visit your roller coaster on your res. Thank you for telling me about this. TomJoe1
    EllieBlues likes this.
  5. Broke ground on my new house. Go big or go home :D Front porch about done:
    2015-01-16_15.47.21.png

The hole house is about 52x43 and about 41 high. It's on smp5 /v 10360. Feel free to stop by. :)
  6. Im working on my Mall at 7200, come check it out!
    BevK56 likes this.
  7. Five or Less Shop has been up dated with new items added.... all for 5r or less. Located on smp6 /v +w I am your go to for spawn eggs, saddles and other items you wish were cheaper at other stores. Come visit and take a tour of the property with new bat cage.
  8. 2015-01-18_17.08.19.png
    Guess how much this res is worth?
    Answer: A lot.
    Theomglover_, ShelLuser and tinkao like this.
  9. What server and res #?
    EllieBlues likes this.
  10. I built myself a nice new cozy modern house with an auto storage and industrial furnace. I'm thinking about making my res and my alt's res tiny cities, where other players could reside if wanted. Thoughts?

Also, if someone is really good at working with auto sorters, all the blocks so far sort, but saplings seem to get stuck X_X

Shoot me a PM if you can help me out with the sorter :)
  11. I've updated my res. I moved my AirForce wall to a new area. And all my roads surrounding my res's are pink and one of the roads I share with my neighbor is red. If you want to check it out go to SMP7 and /v tomijo95

ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  12. I just updated my small wooden house and ended up with a two story cut stone castle with four towers as tall as some of my jungle trees. I got carried away. If you visit 6108, the stairs going down go to my underground shop. Use the tunnel that exits to ground level to see the resident/house/castle. The castle is built on a small hill with all that free dirt.
    crystaldragon13 and 607 like this.
  13. So yah, I've done a little building this evening which I'd like to share ;)

First things first; I live on SMP2, got a nice 60x60 res. like everyone else and the problem is that I'm really not that great a builder. Well, the building itself usually isn't too much of a problem but designing the whole thing...

Another thing is that I really like making underground style builds and usually use my share of lava too. So to give you a bit of a preview, this is where I live on EMC:

ShelLuser residence @ smp2 ;-)

Its an ongoing work in progress project I suppose, I still haven't fully finished the roof for example, even though there is no more risk of any leakage (not that it would matter anyway considering that it never rains here).

But alas, the living room:

Clearly visible: the main stairs down on the right, and the water "walls" lit by lava...

I really enjoy the in-direct lighting in this area. All the light basically comes from a strip of lava under the glass and in front of the water. That, and the blue stained glass obviously, give out that bright 'blueish' color.

But the area I want to talk about is the corridor seen on the left; going 'through' the "water wall".

So I've had this house for a while now (not that long, I used to do open air camping on my residence :D) and finally decided that I really should put my sheep and cow spawn eggs (the ones you get when you first start) to some good use. I know they're merely passive mobs, sometimes silly ones at that, but I like having some animals around.

And I also had some mooshroom eggs I was looking forward to. Up until now I never had any mooshrooms in my MC games... Now I had 2. And not the ones you buy from a shop by the way (which would have been much cheaper when looking back) but two eggs I got from a community farm (after I bred new ones to make up for these two of course!). More expensive (100rupees to eggify in the wild) but also so much more rewarding...

As such a farm was in order...

The lava lights the way to the farm ;)

Apart from liking builds like this there's also a bit of a roleplay element to be found here. After all; would wild animals feel comfortable going near (or across) a lava river? I doubt it... So even if animals would "escape" then they'd still be kept safe somewhat.

First stop: my mooshrooms!

I started out with two, and already bred a few more which I'll probably eggify later this week to either share with my friends or put up for sale in my upcoming "attic sale" :)

Apart from mooshrooms I also got sheep and cows (obviously), some chickens and some piggies as well.

Now, building a farm and adding some animals is one thing. If you like a little bit of a roleplay element you also want to make sure that those animals got enough room to move and live in (I think I managed, but I'm still playing with the idea to expand their areas some more) and...

Animals also require food, right?

At least to breed 'm, but I also like to think that I need to feed them from time to time.

So I really needed to build a structure to grow some vegetables in or on...

3 floor high vegetable farm; wheat, carrots and potatoes...

The design for this farm is entirely my own (which is why it doesn't fully work at the time of writing, I still need to steer the water streams in the right directions and/or time the dispensers better) but the general idea should be obvious. Three fields of vegetables, surrounded by dispensers which each contain a water bucket. So all I have to do is press a button which releases the water, the water harvests all the crops and (when all goes right) moves them right into my result chest (with the help of a few hoppers of course).

Top floor of my farm, the three dispensers are clearly visible here...

There are a few problems here right now but those will be solved soon enough. Never underestimate what you can learn by daring to make a few mistakes, even if those do look pretty dumb when you look back at it later.

The result chest with a hopper above it; when all goes well my vegetables should end up in here ;)

Here you can see the entrance of my animal farm again. The result chest sits neatly next to my mooshroom pen, so when all goes well all I need to do is click a button after which I should get some fresh vegetables into the chest.

I'm also a huge fan of the teleportation system, which is what you can see on the left. One click of that button teleports me straight into my storage area (which is marked private; only a few people have a use flag on my residence).

As to harvesting the crops themselves...

One click of a button is all there is to it...

Clicking either of those three buttons on the left will trigger the dispensers on one of the three floors. Clicking the button on the right, which anyone can do, will teleport you straight toward the vegetable farm entrance, which is what I use when I need to replant my stuff again.

And there you have it. The latest news from the ShelLuser residence on smp2 :)
    kevmeup, boozle628, 607 and 2 others like this.
  14. If at first you don't succeed...

... go back to Creative mode, start experimenting and eventually you should get it right. Who needs sleep anyway :D

Or, when talking about EMC, I suppose you can also pay someone else to do the work for you, but that's not what I had in mind :) Anyway, I did it!

This time things do work as intended; although my cat was hoping for some fish too ;)

I figured that I should also share the update on the farm section to show you guys what I did wrong up there. I'm sure some of you die-hard farm-builders have already spotted the problems, took me a little longer, but I finally got it working!

The problems were 2-fold: first the use of fences. My idea was that those could keep people out of the farming areas (no real need for that, but still...) but the unwanted side effect was that my drops sometimes got stuck and never ended up in the "hopper hole". Replacing all fences with sandstone fixed this issue.

Second problem was the placement of the dispensers.. As you can see in the picture above the water flow is now fully aiming towards the hole in the far end middle. Resulting in every drop falling nicely down the hole and into the hopper at the bottom (I also added a pillar in front of the hole(s) just in case in order to prevent items from "jumping out").

Instead of 3 dispensers which sit on every side I now concentrated 2 dispensers in each corner (so also added 1 extra).

And the results? Well...

Plenty of vegetables to go by :)

I could probably expand the whole thing even further, but this is more than enough for now. One simple click of a button and my veggies drop in automatically, I'm very pleased with those results :)

SO yeah, in case anyone was interested in that design; forget about the first and concentrate on the second :)
    kevmeup and 607 like this.
  15. Hm, you're doing automation?
    I prefer doing things by hand ;)
    Have you taken a look at my farm yet? (/v 607 farm, at smp7)
  16. I am tearing down 3110. It will be something a lot prettier but less useful than a mega mall.
  17. Well, semi-automated anyway. This contraption does not automatically harvest my crops for example; it'll only do that when I flip the switch and not a moment sooner.

Main reason for a setup like this is because I really enjoy tinkering with redstone, but also because it makes things a little easier whenever I need my crops.

Not yet, it is on my todo list. But the problem is that things keep finding their way onto that list.

For example; as you might have seen I'm currently a gold supporter which gives me access to Utopia. Well; there's plenty of things to discover there as well. And mining there is really a special experience (sun never goes down, not even in the wasteland).

But anyway; I'm bound to visit your res. soon enough, first I have an appointment with a community farm on smp4 :)
  18. /v 2578 - smp1

New on the servers, joined 1 day ago.
    Building an farming fortress.

I just made the walls of the first floor right now, but it will look way better than i though.

Ground floor (48x48): dark oak farming.
    First floor (54x54): storage, enchanting, crafting, furnaces.
    The first 2 floors above are a huge, stylish dark oak themed construction. They will be the base for the main towers. Not sure yet if i'll make 2 (40x18) or 4 (18x18) towers. But probably 4 with 2 holding an side platform with 3 floors (27x11) for wheat.
    The roof of the storage floor will be the yard/garden of those towers, as if there was nothing below them, giving an nice view - altho not that good as my plot is in the edge of the map :/
    Not sure what i'll do underground.

I wish we could give flag so people could break just an specific block. If so, i could make an public tree farm or something like that.

I'll keep this thread updated.

19. N ice akiraic. Welcome to Empire. =]

this reminds me that i really should hit this thread up much more often.
  20. It looks amazing!

And I'm not talking pictures (those look pretty neat too of course) but what I saw myself. I never comment on pictures alone.

Only 1 day here and already managed to build that? Either you spend your rupee's wisely, you know how to mine & farm or you got a zecret donator :)

Either way, very impressive build you got so far IMO! I really enjoyed looking around.

Even changed my video settings from bright to moody to see how those torches looked in vanilla (was lucky that I entered during the night) and I can confirm that it really looks as awesome as on your pictures.

Yeah, either that or give people access to only a small or specific part of your residence. I know what you mean...

Right, as said in game as well: good luck, looking very impressive so far!
    607 likes this.