Residence Update Log! The latest changes in the Empire Town!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Maxarias, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Thanks!
    Everyone should. I see just a few users really posting here :/

1 day more or less. At the point i posted it was 2, maybe more (EDIT: just checked, right now i'm 2 days and 6 hours old). I didn't slept so kinda lost track. I started Tuesday night, actually.

Thanks you both for the visit. Since I'll travel this weekend it will not advance, but as soon as i get back i'll make a huge progress on it.

See ya
  2. You're probably aware but I figured I'd mention anyway: keep in mind that the "derelict time" (idle timeout if you will) is shorter for new players than it is for players who have been around a while. I just checked; it's set to 9 days for you.

So perhaps something to keep in mind if you're travelling for a longer period. Having said that: voting for the server will prevent you from going derelict (and also bags you some interesting rewards as well!).

As said, you're probably aware already but figured I'd mention anyway :)
    607 and crystaldragon13 like this.
  3. Oh, so I don't need to login, just vote and that resets the derelict time? Nice
    I was aware of the derelict time but I didn't knew voting work as well.
    607 likes this.
  4. Hey, build flags for specific blocks are actually in the works :)
    kevmeup and ShelLuser like this.
  5. ooh! so if anyone swings by to help me out with a big project, they can only build in certain places? nice. keep working on this! :D
  6. No, not build in specific places, remove and use only specific blocks. Like, when I have a potato farm, I'll be able to give someone potato build flag. That means she can harvest the potatoes and replant them, but not remove other blocks and build with other blocks. I don't know when this will be done, but sounds great, right? :)
  7. yes, it sure does! :D
  8. :eek: OMG!!!! That would be sooo totally cool! :D
    Holy jumpin' potatoes batman! I can't wait. .. but I guess I have too. :p lol

editing to add: And this is yet again why I love this server. :rolleyes:
  9. This sounds great. Were are you (smp #) and what's yer res #? I'd love to come by and check it out.

Wow, just like 607, I hadn't seen this thread until very recently. It's Great! :D
    607 likes this.
  10. I am on smp3 v/ 6913. Would love you get your input on my rollercoaster. It is always changing! :)
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  11. OldJoeGreen has a pretty cool rollercoaster in progress. He is on smp3 v/ 7344
  12. i have been working on a big garden i call: Dinodie gardens.
    come check it out at /v 2588 on smp1
    there are lots of plants.
    i like plants.

a screenshot:
    2015-01-24_17.45.27.png
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. I made a small stable. It holds about 20 of my horses. I plan on making it bigger to hold all of my horses.

I made a big parkour on my res and asked Deadmaster98 to test it and all of the jumps are possible.

The arcade and food court rooms of my Tardis are under construction. Thanks Dragonboy1104 for donating stone!
  14. me too! =D I'll definitely be by to check out yer garden. =>
    dinodie likes this.
  15. That looks really good, what texture pack are you using?
  16. R3dCraft x128 with a few textures replaced with Sphax x128
    ShelLuser likes this.
  17. thank you! I'm working on an underground crop farm and I will make it so people can take some of the crops! For free!
    I plan on making the farm as automated as possible.
    Potatoes for days.
    ShelLuser and crystaldragon13 like this.
  18. This evening has been awesome for me!

First of all I finally got my fingers behind the villager mechanics. Villagers as I knew them were "limited" (read: controlled by a plugin). Librarians (in the old days) were nice because they could give you XP but anything else....

(hope you guys can forgive me for sometimes mentioning those past events. I put the past behind me, but I'd lie if I said that it hasn't left a good impression. When it comes to MC servers I play seriously, devotedly, and there's only 1 server I play on... do the math..).

I bought some villager eggs here and there and this evening I finally build my own personal villager builds. (usage build & farm). Emeralds; there ya go!

First: I take pride in having all 5 villager versions. 2nd: see the painting? It's my favorite in the game!

Eggify has never been so much more rewarding when you take on projects like these. And in case anyone wonders: yes, at first I actually did experiment with letting the villagers walk around freely. But because it didn't got me anything but trouble (no breeding, no nothing; just me having to track down the villager I wanted to use..) I eventually decided to keep my "village builds" (see cobble wall) and lock 'm all in.

As you can see here ;)

I'd feel guilty for not allowing them to look at that really cute painting (I think its cute anyway) but then again; seems those guys are more interested in talking amongst themselves than the rest anyway....

What does a villager collection require?

You guessed it: more villagers!

My pet playing with a freshly born baby villager... Or the other way around...

After trying a few times (and noticing that my villagers did get willing to breed) I finally came up with this approach. And yes; it works! The idea is simple; plenty of doors, 'ground builds' (1 block) and a roof.

I'll show you guys:

I opened the doors just to show you guys that there's only a jungle plank block inside...

See that villager egg in my inventory? That guy came from this villager farm.

Now; this may not be the most efficient way of breeding them (more villagers = more breeding ground = more babies) but I honestly don't care for that.

This gets me a few villagers which I can eventually sell in my shop... So I am happy ;)

If you guys are interested: /v 3544, will show you a working villager farm.

And now, if you'll excuse me; I forgot to replant my crops!
    607 likes this.