Residence Update Log! The latest changes in the Empire Town!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Maxarias, Apr 25, 2014.

1. doesn't matter, just put all using spoiler tag and done.
    Also, Sonic Ether made this water tower simply unbelievable.
    Head Museum for Steve heads I see...
    607 likes this.
  2. The model-ish of the original Monticello at 3110 is about halfway done. :) Got the road edit done thanks to Rainbowchin.
  3. FYI, for those posting in here, if anyone wants me to take screenshots for them I will gladly do so. Taking them has been a sort of addiction now..
    607, ShelLuser and boozle628 like this.
  4. increase the render distance tho, at least when doing screenshots.
  5. Tell that to Aikar. It doesn't matter how high I set my render distance. He's got the server's render distance so damn low that you can barely see halfway across the res next to yours. I for one hate it.
    Gawadrolt, nfell2009 and PenguinDJ like this.
  6. really? sorry then. Some of your pictures are with the render distance very short, so i got mistaken
  7. Mine is not nearly as beautiful or amazing as the reses here! Goodness!
    But my res (16692 on SMP8) I've updated with some bulk egg sales and varies redstone and non-redstone farms out and about as well as opened up my res a bit so you can actually go see these contraptions!
    I look forward to seeing some of you there and seeing more of these beautiful reses!
  8. Behold the WIP Spleef at 11118 on SMP5! No picture because there's a beacon sitting in the middle of the floor. Sorry. You'll just have to behold it for yourself. :)
  9. I can't seem to edit my post! But all the same an Edit to my post: My res is actually closed down as of 3am today! I've decided to fully revamp it to something that is more effective and enjoyable by me! So I look forward to posting this in the future when it is all ready!
    Thanks!
  10. Well, today / this morning I managed to reach a new milestone on my residence; getting back the builds I was used to having around me. And well, having limited resources right now makes that process a bit more difficult, but also very rewarding indeed.

Now, the roof of this room isn't finished yet, but considering the amount of clay I'll need I think it's also going to take a little while (also because I have to be really careful here; dozens of hoppers are ready to pick up every piece of dirt falling down, which could lead to nasty problems).

What hoppers you may ask? Well....

A build which I dubbed the 'Omega forge'...

This forge uses 15 furnaces and distributes the materials in parallel to each furnace, thus really speeding up smelting times. When fully loaded this build can smelt items up to a speed close to 1 block per second.

Note though that the design isn't mine. I got it from a friend of mine and I'm pretty sure he got it from the Internet somewhere. Why I say that? Well, what are the odds considering that my EMC neighbor has the exact same build on his residence? ;)

Further more it seems that I'm really running into problems on my residence. It almost seems as if I stumbled upon a nether biome ;)

Fire and lava pour into my residence!

Well, the reason for this design is simple; you won't be able to brew potions without having gathered several resources from the nether, including the infamous blaze rod. And also because a nether 'area' is the perfect excuse to build myself this:

Lava dipped enchanting; to get those extra hot enchantments!

You really don't want to rush things and quickly run off when doing some enchanting here :cool:

And now to make sure that I keep that firespread flag turned off :eek:
    akiraic, BevK56, 607 and 2 others like this.
  11. Very awesome, making a donation to help, check your rupees!
    ShelLuser and ThaKloned like this.
  12. what? Why him in specific? D:
  13. Patience, takes time to check places out and I have a lot projects going in my reses, I'm working on besides IRL things. This is something, I choose to do with my rupees, to give when and who to.
    From now on I will send a PM to whoever I donate to
    ShelLuser, akiraic and ThaKloned like this.
  14. I created a new teleport room on my residence, which is 16402 on smp8.
    Here are screenshots for you to enjoy.
    Special thanks to Carsonrowe123!
    2015-02-06_17.17.55.png 2015-02-06_17.17.58.png 2015-02-06_17.18.01.png
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  15. kinda what i'm planning to do, but larger. Oh, you can press F1 before take screenshots, it hides all the text and interface.
    607 likes this.
  16. Ok, thanks for tip.
    607 likes this.
  17. Imagine if a staff member locked this thread lol.
  18. Why?
  19. People weren't posting their residence updates; there might be a discussion not about res updates.
  20. Yeah. We just need to keep in mind this is an res update, to show your progress. But i've seem people inviting to their shops. Just keep it all the conversation in the topic and report things like "hey, come to my shop" stuff. If we do so, they have no reason to close it.
    ShelLuser likes this.