Residence Update Log! The latest changes in the Empire Town!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Maxarias, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Hey, do you think villagers are persons or animals? :)
    I'm wondering because you say "breeding" instead of "making love" or something similar :p
  2. my res has an apartment building that will be finished soon. /v 18982 on smp9!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Well, people aka NPC's. Weird NPC's for sure, but still.. Sometimes one has to wonder what these guys are talking about amongst themselves. They sure seem to agree a lot with each other ;)

Well, it was the weekend and then I'm always careful with choosing my words; this is a family friendly server afterall. I think the sign in my picture could also have given some hints though :D
    607 likes this.
  4. I am making a mega mall on SMP5 @11463!!!
  5. So I had build myself a "redstone powered" vegetable farm which allows me to quickly harvest my crops. So far, so good. This week I started preparing to (finally!) finish my other crafting areas: the enchantment table (which shall be placed on top of an obsidian block surrounded by lava; this has become a tradition for me. You don't want to quickly run off while using any of my enchantment tables, trust me :D) and of course my brewing stand (I'm planning to fully automated this, I got the idea from a good friend of mine).

And thinking of my brewing stand reminded me of my nether wart.

When I start brewing potions again I'll need quite a bit. At first I created a small soulsand patch next to my house, then I suddenly remembered that the trick I use with the water would also work on soulsand... Time to build an expansion!

A 3rd floor; this time without any extra's because soulsand doesn't need to be hydrated

That was the easy part. Second issue: adding a new button which allowed me to control the dispensers on this floor. I figured I'd use nether brick for the "redstone torch tower" (used to get a redstone signal send to another floor above you) and after I was all settled I ran into a new problem...

You see; the main reason for this build is because I'm lazy. I can't be bothered to climb up and collect all my vegetables, I'll let the water drop 'm all down so they'll come to me downstairs.

So yeah...

Having to press 4 buttons twice whenever I want to harvest is way too much effort ;)

First I'd press the buttons to release the water, then I open my chest and enjoy my vegetables dropping in. Then I hit them again to turn it all off after which I'll head up to replant. 3 floors was manageable, but 4?

As such a new button was needed: one which could turn all the floors on or off but while keeping the control I had over the individual floors. Sometimes one floor has grown more than the other, so then I'll only harvest that one if I need it.

And those are the moments when you realize that even in Minecraft it usually helps to prepare and plan a build instead of simply "making it work".

I ended up re-doing the entire redstone circuitry, but I'm very pleased with the results. This is my most complex circuitry I've build in a while:

The wool color indicates the function

Reminds me to put up a sign there which explains the different colors :)

Green (lime) triggers the wheat (ground floor), orange triggers the carrots (first floor), yellow triggers the potatoes (3rd), red triggers the nether wart (top floor) and finally; the blue wool is the master reset which toggles everything. Triggering is done by activating "redstone torch pillars", you can see 3 of them in the background (marked with signs). The green wool is also the start of a pillar; but much smaller. Triggering the dispensers on the ground floor is done underground.

What makes this circuit interesting (and a little more complex) is the usage of slabs.

In the middle you see a brick slab with a repeater on it and yellow wool to the right. Would that slab have been a wool block then the "yellow circuit" had been cut off. Using a slab here allowed me to cross both signals while also making sure that they didn't connect (that's what the repeated on top of the slab is for).

But there's more ;)

The same circuit but from another angle...

Here is where I discovered that a slab can also be used as a "vertical diode".

In the middle you see a brick slab with blue wool under it. The blue wool is the master circuit and the signal there will trigger the rsd on top of the red wool on the left (next to the repeaters) and that will trigger the rsd on top of the brick slab.

So far, so good.

Here's where things become interesting: when the rsd on top of the red wool (the main line to the right of the slab) would get charged then this won't result in it triggering the rsd below it. So the rsd connected to the master circuit wouldn't be triggered and therefor the other floors are kept separated from this one.

In this particular example its not used that way (the trigger happens on the left side; all those repeaters pick up the initial signal) but this is how I discovered this phenomena.

If you're using redstone circuitry then trust me that this could very well change the way in which you design your circuits :)

And now; time to make myself a map legend (or would that be a rsd circuit legend?) :)
    dinodie and 607 like this.
  6. But... (or i missed it) you still n eed to climb the ladder to replant. And thats so annoying, you can make automatic havest if you want. but theres no automatic replanting. And you still need to be around it to let it grow sofar i know.

But... (yes again, :rolleyes:) Its looking nice ! :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. You didn't miss it; that's absolutely right.

But I think (re)planting crops is a lot less annoying than harvesting. Basically all I do is stand on the field, select the vegetable and while moving left and right I keep my right mouse button pressed.

Although harvesting isn't that bad I still run into issues sometimes. Selecting the wrong tool (the ESCD for example) which removes most of my dirt, or punching (or stepping on) the dirt too hard and having to repair that, and well... The idea that I need to go up there to both harvest and replant ;)

And yeah, you need to be around, but with projects like these that's not much of an issue :)

Thanks for your comments!
    607 likes this.
  8. I'd so be happy... I'm making an industrial tree farm, it would be nice not to risk hundreds of hoppers and a beacon by giving someone a build flag though.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  9. Well, since you asked...

It was amazing!

I really had a good time, I love the way you build this.

But; you may know the saying: pictures or it didn't happen, so allow me to share with the rest what I got myself into :)

No worries; not too many spoilers ;)

First of all; during my ride I ran into a left over cart. That sorta spoiled the fun a little bit because I got sent backwards! :D Anyway, I know my way around carts so I soon managed to get the whole train to the end. I sold you the extra cart but also refunded the money, only fair in my opinion.

SO.... What I'm talking about dear anonymous reader?

The start of Ellie's rollercoaster, entry fee is only 10r!

That reminds me, this deserves more than 10 rupees. there ;)

But yeah, in case anyone is wondering: you buy a cart for 100r, you then do the ride and at the finish (to the left, you'll see soon enough) you then collect the cart again (as you can see; this can even be done if you don't have any tools at all) and then sell it for 90r. So 10r entry fee in total.

Well, I think this is worth 50r :)

HELP! I'm on fire! Or am I?!

I know I may have spoiled it a little, but even after doing this a second time (due to that left over train cart, but also because I was SO going to comment ;)) it still got me by surprise (see how I'm facing left a bit? What I did here was quickly turn right, hit f2 and.. wham, almost missed it).

You'll be surprised ;)

Who turned off the lights?!

This is one of the best parts ;) I was almost waiting for scary sounds and a skeleton or a creeper to pop up (but unfortunately for me I know enough of EMC to realize that hostile mobs don't spawn in town ;)).

But I loved it! Really... One moment you see a "scary" picture and the next....

yikes!

Now this is plain out awesome!

Seriously guys; when I passed this spot for the first time this post was decided on then and there. I love it! You see; this is what you also often see happening on real rollercoasters (and I'm not talking about those "we do 300mph/hour" or "we go outside the atmosphere" kind of things). I'm talking about the fun ones (which may not be state of the art on "modern" standards, but still a heck of fun).

Some of those will put you into spots which almost seem as if its not part of the ride anymore.

It's a win-win situation. You might get confused ("wait, where are we?") and any possible bystanders may see you and think: "Ey, that looks like fun, I want to go too!".

That's what I see here and I love it, really adds to the experience!

The eye for details like those, in my opinion? outstanding!

All good things come to an end :(

But no need for sad faces really; because a new ride is just one click away :)

You wanted input Ellie? Well, you got it! :)

I really enjoyed myself here. In fact; I'm going take a third ride and then explore the rest of your residence.

And for all you other readers out there:

/v 6913, you'll need to go to smp3 for that command to succeed. I think it's well worth it; this is fun!

PS (edit)

I'd love to get a tour of your res sometime (if that's ok), I couldn't get into your house and well; I am a bit curious :)
    EllieBlues and 607 like this.
  10. That redstone circuit looks interesting!
    Also, you got me convinced, I'm going to try to remember to go to that residence next time I get on ;)
  11. A picture of a project being built by SecretAznEks
  12. Some random mall I found yesterday?
    ShelLuser, 607 and B4DMAN5IMON like this.
  13. Some random guy in a wheat field wanted a selfie
    ShelLuser and B4DMAN5IMON like this.
  14. Eclipsys and I have been working more on the roof of my project.
    ShelLuser and B4DMAN5IMON like this.
  15. So there was this water tower thing and uhm yeah
    Gawadrolt, ShelLuser and B4DMAN5IMON like this.
  16. EMC Head Museum under construction I assume by the build team?
    Gawadrolt, ShelLuser and B4DMAN5IMON like this.
  17. AlexChance has been quite the busy man
    FDNY21, Gawadrolt, 607 and 4 others like this.
  18. Why are you posting these all in separate posts?
  19. Cause none are the same build :eek: idunno