Residence Update Log! The latest changes in the Empire Town!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Maxarias, Apr 25, 2014.

1. It's dokucraft light :p
    Kytula and 607 like this.
  2. /v +theo. Selling promos msg me for a price ( BTW not much )
  3. Minecart Roller Coaster Residence Tour on SMP8 @ 16412
    Just completed a minecraft roller coaster tour of my residence -- come check it out! I think it's kinda fun.
    Ultimamaxx and 607 like this.
  4. My residence is filled with flags, groups and redstone stuff. And because many people kept asking me if they could gain access to the main areas somehow (storage and such) I eventually decided to make a small donation chest. You put in a (small) donation, the trapdoor opens and you can get access to the rest of my building:

The donation chest, sits behind the stairs in the main room.

There was only 1 problem: the circuit which I set up at first had a bug. If you donated 1 - 8 items all went well, but the moment you dumped 12 or more into the chest then the circuit would stall, effectively keeping the trapdoor open indefinitely and getting the donated items stuck in a few hoppers. I knew how I should fix it, I just couldn't put my mind to it. But this evening I finally fixed it...

When someone puts a block in the donation chest and closes it (it's a trapped chest, so things only start working after you close it) then the items get put into this second chest. The redstone torch makes sure that the bottom wooden block gets powered which blocks the hopper under the chest from taking the items. This is required so that the system can actually detect any items coming in.

The moment an item is detected it will first turn the redstone torches off (the one you can see and there's another one behind the stone block). When the torch on the front is off the hopper below the chest is unlocked and thus all the items get transported into the main donation chest. Important detail: the hopper remains unlocked as long as there are items in the chest. This ensures that all items get transported.

And this is the main circuit. Very simple, yet also very effective. In the background you can see a toggle circuit. Every time the redstone torch is turned off the cobble block in the middle gets moved from left to right. When that happens it will unlock one of the hoppers; these two hoppers feed into each other and one of them is filled with 20 dirt blocks. So moment the toggle is activated the hopper with the dirt blocks gets unlocked and it'll push the items into the other hopper.

And that's where the magic begins: Now the circuit on the left gets activated: this is actually an AND logical gate; it will only turn the redstone torch in the foreground on as soon as there are items detected in both hoppers. And when the torch is on it'll power the trapdoor so it will open up.

Once all dirt blocks are moved from one hopper into the other the circuit will turn the redstone torch off and the trapdoor closes (an AND circuit will only send out a positive signal as long as it receives 2 positive input signals (which happens when there are items in both hoppers)).

And because this circuit is totally independent from the main "chest circuit" it can't interfere and/or block the emptying of the temporary chest.

So yeah; some new redstone stuff :)
    Gawadrolt and 607 like this.
  5. I used to have one of these at an old outpost... if the place still existed I would love to show it you, but sadly I don't even remember how to get there anymore.
    607 likes this.
  6. Not to long ago, I built a mega maze. You should check it out soon at /v Skeleton381.
  7. Anybody remember this residence? Doesn't matter if you don't; starting today, I'll be tearing everything down in favor of a much bigger, better, and prettier main building. I've gone ahead and collected all the materials beforehand, so the only hindrance to progress will be my own drive to build at a steady pace.

Hopefully I'll remember to post more updates in the future once construction starts again. Maybe this time my residence will actually serve a purpose to the rest of the server.
    Gawadrolt, whatkom and Tahitan like this.
  8. I rather like that place ._.
  9. I'm not 100% sure but yeah, I think I've also been there a few times and judging from the picture alone I have to agree with Builder up there: it looks pretty cool already.
    Gawadrolt and fBuilderS like this.
  10. I remember that. :) I always thought it looked quite nice, so I look forward to seeing what you can come up with in its place! :D
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  11. I liked that place it was a good place for Tah's to hang-out.
  12. Gawadrolt, ShelLuser and whatkom like this.
  13. princetoncreeper likes this.
  14. After a bit of work and a lot of laziness, layers 5/76 have been finished.

It's not much, but you can at least see the style I'm going with for the build, and the basic floor plan of the first story. The residence is 16002 on SMP8, if you want to see any progress I may have made since this was posted.

(Perhaps I should have turned Schematica off before I took the screenshot. Not a huge difference, but the odd lighting and the inconspicuous purple lines in the background are going to bother me. Also, some of that extra glowstone isn't really there.)
    ShelLuser, UltiPig and 607 like this.
  15. At my shop I am finally selling stone bricks. I got about 20 requests to start selling them
  16. Hi gang,

This thingie needs to remain a secret for now (it's why I also turned off the move flag for the residence) but I still wanted to share some details. As you may or may not know I'll be organizing a treasure hunt 7th of December. And that requires some preparations and a good setup. It was also the perfect excuse for me to finally start using my 2nd SMP2 residence so that it had more besides a few penned in animals.

In case you're wondering what it is... That is actually something I'm not too sure about myself :D

It's a combination of a stable, a place for a pool party, open-air animal shelter and coming soon: a villager office (or something close). Something so that those lazy villagers in the mini-village besides it can go to work and do something for a living. I'm also toying with the idea to build a 2nd shell shop here, expansion of some sort. My original ShellShop is an attic sale, so maybe I'll turn this into a cellar sale :)

Entrance to my awesome new building ;)

Here you can clearly see the stable section and the pool in the background. There are 3 sections in the stable: one for my donkeys, one for the horses below 100 speed and one for the horses above 100 speed. I'm actually trying to breed them in the hope of getting some fast(er) horses. So far I'm doing not too shabby, but also not that great. At least I don't get too many 90 speed horses these days :)

And this is the area when seen from the front of the stables. You can see the staircase in the background which leads to a second floor, but also to the ground floor. Which is kinda cool: with some help I managed to build a corridor which goes fully under my residence. Which is also where the (possible) 2nd ShellShop is going to be.

So far, so good. No idea about the 2nd floor though, but we'll get there eventually.
    UltiPig likes this.
  17. You're revealing quite many details for something that needs to remain a secret :p
    Gawadrolt and ShelLuser like this.
  18. My shop on smp5 is officially open. And you will never guess who works there with me. Try to guess!
    princetoncreeper and ShelLuser like this.
  19. I'm building a fairly sized mall on my res; 8819. If you teleport there, you will be able to buy a small amout of items. teleports and things will be added soon but for not its in its early stages. Feel free to offer help and advice. If you want to chdeck it out then again, the res number is:

607 likes this.
  20. Yeah, but knowing that it exists doesn't tell you everything about it. And well, I simply had to show off a bit: LBoss (now back to DoubleCakes), Aya and me have been working waaay too hard for that ;)

Besides, you don't know anything about a hidden chamber somewhere yet :)

whoops! :oops:

:rolleyes:

Did I say hidden chamber? I obviously meant hidden corridor: the one below my residence :D
    607 likes this.