Empire Minecraft 1.9.4 Update

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 30, 2016.

1. That's why the developers are working hard on land protection, this is an upcoming EMC feature.

True, but in the end there's always a failsafe; if you're using a new kind of shop sign (created with # on the last line) then the sign will require an extra confirmation before using it, thus making sure that you know what you're buying or selling.

From that pov. there really is an improvement here.

k means thousand, m means million. This should be somewhat common knowledge IMO, afterall: kilogram (kg) or what about kilobyte (kb) in real life?

Sure, but would a maze want to teleport someone to the spawn of another server? ;) My take is that they'd sooner teleport you to another area on the same residence, which behavior hasn't changed.

Edit: you can find out more about using these feature signs on their wiki page btw.

Even so: thanks for commenting on this because I just remembered a todo item I had on my wiki list :p

Uhm, not sure I get this. You don't like reading the Minecraft update post (which is honestly only 1 page long) yet you would like to read this on the Empire? What would the added benefit be other than the location of this information? You'd be reading anyway, and based on your comment here you didn't got time for that in the first place ;)
    OmarWrongChat, jkjkjk182 and Keliris like this.
  2. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but since EMC updated to 1.9 there has been alot of lag and some of my chunks are not loading properly, Like the ground will go see through until I break a block in that chunk. Im not sure if anyone else has this issue though.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. When I saw EMC was updating to 1.9 a few days/weeks ago...

When I just saw now that 1.10 now officially exists (not snapshot)...
    UltiPig, TomvanWijnen and ShelLuser like this.
  4. A lot of people are suffering from this, myself included. So you're definitely not alone here unfortunately.

Heck, at one point things were so bad that my alter-ego and myself kept getting disconnected for no apparent reason. And I think it was definitely related to the lag, because if it was a network connection then we'd be kicked at the same time (we're using the same internet connection afterall).

But I may have some tips for you...

Minecraft 1.10. It's already out, EMC is already compatible with this new version so you can safely use it. I cannot rule out the fact that my tweaks also had some effect with this, but ever since I started using 1.10 I had no disconnect issues.

Reserve more memory for Java. If you edit your launcher profile you can also edit the commandline which is used to start Minecraft. More specifically: you can adjust the commandline parameters ("JVM arguments", bottom option). A good option to reserve memory is: -Xmx. So say you want to reserve 1.5Gb: -Xmx 1500M (1500 megabyte aka 1,5 gigabyte). More memory can also help the JVM (Java Virtual Machine, the thing which 'powers' Minecraft) to cache stuff which can eventually also help to reduce some glitches (I'm using a very broad and easy example here).

Tweak your video settings. The more your Minecraft client needs to load/render/do the more effort it needs to take. Some good options to reserve resources while not making things look too flat:
    • Use VBO's. turn this to 'on'. It's basically an optimized way to render your blocks, making it easier on your client to apply textures to all the items in the game. Less effort = more resources for other stuff.
    • Mipmap levels. Standard is 4, but if you lower this then you'll get slightly less amount of detail on your blocks. Sometimes it's hardly noticeable but it will have some effect on performance. Right now I'm experimenting between 2 and 3 and I see no clear change texture / image quality yet do see that I got less lag issues.
    • Clouds: Fast. Many players even leave the clouds completely off, I enjoy having them. But ever since 1.9 started I turned them to 'flat' making them simple 2D objects. I don't really miss it, also because several high builds now look normal without the white "fog" appearing. AND it saves resources.
    • Particles: Decreased. A bit the same as with the clouds. I like seeing particles (nether portal, ender chest, rain specks, etc.) but do you really need super detailed stuff? I decided that I don't, turned it down a little and yeah.. It helps.
    So far this is what has really helped me to get a good balance between a good picture without having Minecraft gobble up too much resources. There is yet another way to boost your performance:

Get Optifine. Note that this doesn't work with 1.10 yet. It sounds harder than it is. Just go to the optifine download page, select the right file (for 1.9.4 you'd use OptiFine 1.9.4 HD) and once it's downloaded just start it (I usually use the commandline and then something as: java -jar OptiFine_1.9.4_HD_U_B5.jar). You'll get a new profile in your launcher called "optifine". Just use that.

First just start it to see if it works better, and after that you can always go over the (massive!) video settings.

Hope this helps!
    JesusPower2, Kytula and TomvanWijnen like this.
  5. 1. I tried all these! Still not working =/ (not tried 1.10 yet though!)
    2. You dont need to use commandline for optifine. Just double-click the .jar
    3. I use optifine already
    4.I have my optifine settings set to the best I can for my PC
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. Late reaction ;) I'm not too sure I agree. Today I finally took a peek at the waste End on SMP2 and well.. I have a mixed reaction to this. On one end I agree that there's (probably) always some loot to be found but on the other hand I also think it's not really worth the effort rupee wise.

Problem is that you'll come across a lot of raided structures anyway, and so far I also haven't experienced the advantages of the loot chests (all which I found were empty) so if I then combine the time it takes to hop from island to island together with the added risks of dying then I can't help conclude (or wonder) that you'll make more money in shorter time with mining and/or farming.

That's not saying it isn't fun; it is. There's definitely adventure to be found here and fighting shulkers can be quite a challenge as well. The only problem is that the risk of ending up empty handed is far greater in the End than it is in the Overworld. Which, for me at least, doesn't really make it worth the effort, maybe only shortly after a waste reset.
  7. I am not sure. Try finding a different outer portal. Sure, likely the islands nearby are all raided but you can easily come back to town with 8 or 9 elytras in 2-3 hours play time (Could easily find only 1 if you needed in like 20 mins). Rupee wise? Not sure how you mean. Go to the end with an enderchest, set of normal iron armor or better, food (stack or 2), pick with silk, and a looting sword w/o fire aspect (get more of them useful pearls!). Not a very costly thing, you can bridge out with end stone which is easy to mine and plentiful and you find end cities.. sometimes... I ventured out a couple days ago and came back with 8 elytra and only ran into 1 looted city at the start of my trip. Got so into my trip that I ran into the world border lol.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. crazy

I've heard a few players over-exagerate like this and I don't think it's a good expectation to give players. I seriously doubt anyone is going to find 8 Elytra in 2-3 hours. I can sometimes explore 2-3 hours and not even find an End City, let alone one with a ship. The luckiest I've ever been is finding 4 ships in 2 hours and that happened the other day on SMP6.

I was also able to find untouched End area around 2500 blocks from the portal, I just had to build out in a direction no one had gone in yet.

But I still say you can find stuff in the End already but I haven't checked *every* server. I did SMP8 and then switched over to SMP6 because it had the least amount of players on it at the time. Eventually I'll go to each server.
    ShelLuser and MrsWishes like this.
  9. I was not over exaggerating... You are right, there are times where you will go for what seems like 2 hours and find no cities. I spent 2-3 hours, but I will give leeway and say 4 hours. When you get lucky, you find them easy. I found 3 cities within 200 blocks of eachother all with ships and that was 3 right there. You must be getting unlucky, we all have.
    Neaux and LtCaptainMe like this.
  10. Minimal makes finding elytra SOOO much easier LOL!
  11. what is Minimal?
  12. AUTOCORRECT!!!! WHAI!!! Minimap I mean. Lol
  13. Oh yeah agreed, I installed that xeamp's minimap or whatever it's called. It's made everything so much easier. It shows the coords without that huge overlay, I can set waypoints to mark the ships I've already found and also a waypoint for the spawn point, plus the big map so I don't have to walk every inch of the islands to see the End Cities.

it's a must!
  14. What the combust flag do .-.
  15. Controls if blocks can be set on fire by other nearby blocks. So if you have a wood block next to lava then combust would control if that wood block could be set on fire. This used to be fully set by firespread.

Edit: if you use "/res cset" (or /res cpset <name of player>) you'll get into the so called "chest interface". If you hover your mouse over an icon then it will also briefly tell you what the flag does. Maybe that can help as well :)
    607 likes this.
  16. It will also control entities catching fire. Also dispensers with Flint and steel will now work in the wild now (since firespread is off)
  17. Bonfire!
    SirTah, 607, TomvanWijnen and 2 others like this.
  18. Looks good enough to roast stone slabs in
    FAEvortixel likes this.
  19. Mhhmmm roasted stone slabs sound delicious
    ShelLuser, 607 and UltiPig like this.
  20. How??