Empire Auction Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

Discussion in 'Auctions' started by Krysyy, Aug 4, 2014.

1. That won't work - this thread was closed recently.
    OriginalScuf likes this.
  2. That seems to be an invalid ruling. Because the new rules clearly and explicitly specify unenchanted elytra.
    SirTah, M4ster_M1ner, 607 and 3 others like this.
  3. That is what i have been thinking, 2 auctions have been closed because the minimum quantity of 'unenchanted' Elytras is 5, but the 2 auctions have both been enchanted elytras
    ShelLuser and M4ster_M1ner like this.
  4. For the record; I reported that post / auction once again and clearly stated that I protest against the ruling for reasons mentioned above. We'll see what happens next.
  5. For the record; I made a doodoo above. Reporting a post is not the right way to protest against staff ruling. Got my facts mixed up, I'm a weary atm. because of the quite warm weather we're having here. In the mean time I did follow the right way: contact Krysyy, we'll see what happens next.
    607 likes this.
  6. Just to announce, the auctions mentioned were closed simply due to the involved staff member being a little unsure on the rules. Soon after they were closed, he realised his mistake in our modchat. The owners of the auctions have been contact to explain the situation and the auctions will be restarted.
    jkjkjk182, 607, OriginalScuf and 2 others like this.
  7. Ya me and breezyman worked it out, And hey it happens! I'm not mad, I'm just glad that at least hes doing his job( not saying he doesn't) Plus we are humans so its fine:p If it were me i would of done the same thing.
  8. This makes me so happy! Isn't it great that we can resolve such mistakes so easily? :)
    And yes, Shel, it's warm... >.<
  9. Just a quick question about the rules.
    Can your auction end after 96 hours after last valid bid?
    What is the maximum time allowed?
  10. I have seen people in the past successfully end auctions one week after the last bid, although it is clearly not recommended. :p
    FDNY21, 607 and UltiPig like this.
  11. There was once one for an Iron Voucher that ended a month after the last valid bid... imagine being outbid on the last day of that by the minimum bid increment! :p
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. um i remember reading this off of somewhere but what happens if u get now payment or pickup within 48 hours?
  13. Have you tried private messaging the person who won the auction either ingame or on the forums? Sometimes people forget they have won, or they don't get notifications from the thread.
    607 likes this.
  14. As WitherDoggie stated, make efforts to contact the auction winner to notify them of the win and make payment. Personally, I find it helpful to quote their bid when they win on the thread so they are notified regardless of whether or not they're following. That being said, honest mistakes do happen from time to time so players might forget. Thus, a PM reminder usually goes a long way in helping them out.

If there is no response and you believe the auction winner is attempting to "walk out" on making the payment, please notify staff via PM on the forum and we will look into it.
    607 likes this.
  15. As Wither ad Elfin said, try to further contact them- many people don't refresh forums page every 2 minutes (totally dont do that :rolleyes:) and they only use once in a while.

One thing I do, if it passes that 48 hours is I send them a written book in mail. Its free and book and quill is very cheap.

Finally, please remember- it is summer. Some people that are not me... are able to go to wonderful places during their vacation. Many do not bring their gaming setup with them. :)
    607 and LtCaptainMe like this.
  16. no ill try them
  17. The other day I was helping a player to get started with the auctions and I was wondering if we couldn't add some kind of FAQ to the rules? Because I keep seeing the same questions pop up quite a lot and I have to agree with the players: some things may be obvious to us, but not to those who just got started.

So here's what I have in mind:
    • Q: How do I start an auction?
    • Q: Why can't I edit my post?
      • A: This is to prevent cheating. A hoster cannot change the auction details and bidders cannot secretly change their bids.
    • Q: AARRGH, I made a mistake, do I start a new auction thread?!
      • A: No. Report the post (check the link at the bottom of your post) and ask a moderator to sort it out for you. Be specific in telling what you need changed! Optionally you can add a new post to the auction to inform the players about your mistake (Example: "Sorry, auction ends 24hrs after last bid, not 2 hours!").
    • Q: How does an auction end, does the staff PM me or something?
      • A: No, you need to keep track of auctions yourself. Always check the time between bids to see if the end time has been reached.
    • Q: Someone just made a bid, but it looks as if they posted 8 hours ago. Does this mean my auction is soon over?
      • A: Please check your forum settings, make sure that you set your local timezone.
    • Q: This bid was "Yesterday", it's so confusing! How do I know the right time?
      • A: Hover your mouse over the time stamp, it'll show you the full time & date.
    • Q: How do I tell if my auction is over?
    • Q: My auction ended, now what?
      • A: Mention that the auction is over and declare the winner (quoting them helps to alert them). Optionally you can also send them a PM.
    • Q: My auction ended, so can I start a new one?
      • A: Yes, if you and the winner are busy setting up payment and delivery then you can start a new auction.
    • Q: My auction ended, can I remove the thread?
      • A: No, but you can request that staff archives your auction. Just report the first message in the thread (your own auction post) and ask them to archive it.
    • Q: Help! The auction winner never responded!
      • First start a new conversation with them and tell them that they've won and should pay you. If they don't respond within 48hours then invite a staff member to the same thread so that they can look into it.
    • Q: Help! I paid for the auction but the hoster never responded!
      • Same as above: start a new conversation with them and if they don't respond within 48hours then get a staff member involved.
    • Q: Someone won my auction... Do they need to pay me first or do I have to provide the items first?
      • A: That is up to you. Most people prefer to set up a pick up location after payment is received, others allow winners to pay during pick up. Whatever you chose: both ways are covered by the rules, and in both ways the staff will ensure that all parties play by the rules.
    • Q: Why do people keep whining about "don't post to auction threads"?
      • A: Because it's unfair to do so. In general: bumping an auction without need is unfair towards other players. The auction gets more attention than others, the last bidder gets an extra disadvantage because the auction got bumped, etc.
    So something like that :)
    Jelle68, Pab10S, TuckerAmbr and 4 others like this.
  18. Can something be clarified. I always assumed that things like mob heads needed to be in even DC amounts (54, 108, etc.) I have always done it this way. Have I assumed wrong and it can be any amount over 54 even if the quantities are not full DC amounts?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  19. Just my 2 cents here of course but I think you're right that the intention seems to be aimed at sets of 54.

However, the first sentence ("minimum quantity of 54") does indeed suggest that you can add an x amount more. And because you've already reached the minimum required amount you're free in your choice. The way I read it the current rule would allow you to auction off 54 mob heads combined with an x amount (5, 10, etc) of player heads.

But I'm not too sure that it was intended this way.
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  20. Right because I don't think you could have say a DC of redstone dust + 7 more stacks. I just assumed other items were similar. I know horse egg have their own rules. Min. 10 + however many more you want, just curious if other things followed that or DC amounts.