Empire Auction Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

Discussion in 'Auctions' started by Krysyy, Aug 4, 2014.

1. New items rarity and location on the list will be evaluated soon (after Christmas).
  2. may i ask what the decision is for this?
  3. Rarity of regular items...I did a DC of sponge auction before the rules changed. Just saying....
  4. Have I missed a change in auction rules where items can now be auctioned with any durability? I just bid on a used infinity bow without realizing. I don't want a used bow, but I just didn't notice. It kind of makes it worthless
    Raaynn, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  5. I realize the date, I know this won't make a difference anymore but I do hope my post can help (if not you (sounds harsh, sorry!) then other random readers).

To be honest I don't understand why no staffers responded because this is a serious issue. They may have helped you (I have no idea), but what about random visitors? What an impression!

@random readers: keep the above in mind, I am kinda convinced this got solved behind the screens.

My take:

If you feel something is not right: REPORT. There's a report option below all posts, use that. If you got an auction item which you think does not fit the rules: DROP IT.. do not do anything with it, maybe except from dumping it into a chest, then PM Kryssyy. Check her profile, it'll work out. If auctions are rigged and the mods didn't get it for whatever reason (note: they can't look behind the screens) then go all the way up. It's what I'd do.
  6. Hi ChumMiner,
    I have not seen the specific auction as yet, but I believe you may want to approach Senior Staff for a ruling on this via pmss.emc.gs. as I think it may fall under "All auctioned items must be listed fully and clearly in any auction."

will also pm you so you see this.

edit: seeing now that durability was listed, so valid auction I believe...
  7. You can combine the enchanted bow + a normal bow to make it full durability
  8. Yeah, nothing about durability seems to be mentioned in the rules, so it would seem to me that it is fine as long as it is clearly stated—which it was.
    ShelLuser, ChumMiner and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. That rule used to exist, but it was taken out when the rules for auctions where overhauled a couple of years ago.
    (To allow for used promos to be sold. and broken elytras I suppose)
    FadedMartian, ShelLuser, 607 and 2 others like this.
  10. I'm just curious about an item that I might try to auction off. I'm not sure how to interpret the current rule about rare vanilla items. Does it only include the items listed by staff? I am curious about enchanted golden apples because they are now uncraftable and very hard to find. Would those be considered rare at this point?
    607 and Sefl like this.
  11. I’d say it’s more common than a picture of me in the show yourself thread. Jk…. I think they can be auctioned off in any amount but don’t quote me cause you never know who has 9 stacks of it ready for an auction.
    ChumMiner likes this.
  12. I'm pretty sure we can't even auction Netherite yet which is definitely a rare vanilla item so the interpretation of the rule seems to be that it must be listed on that list.

Unless I've missed something it seems like we haven't had any communication about the new items which was promised after christmas.

It's pretty sad that we have to have 2.3million rupees worth of netherite (using 4k as an average price) just to auction this, especially as an economy server.
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  13. I disagree with the comparison a little bit. Netherite can be easily mined. Maybe not so easily in that quantity, but it is possible to find it without much effort. However Enchanted Golden Apples are not craftable and can only be found very rarely in loot chests. I think that would make it a rare vanilla item. At least I know that I could find an Elytra faster than I could find a notch apple. That would be how I would compare them.
  14. Yep, I'm not disagreeing that notch apples shouldn't be a rare item, rather just pointing out that the rare vanilla items list is very outdated and needs looking at for many other items, such as netherite mainly but also things like notch apples.
    607 and ChumMiner like this.
  15. we should allow bucket auctions again #bucketlivesmatter
    Ethy202, wafflecoffee and Kryarias like this.
  16. Suggesting the adding of emerald deepslate ore to the list of rare items for auction without quantity requirements.
  17. any hope of changing the intervals between bumping with the auction house being very dead during the week days.
    my suggestion would be to change from 12hrs to 6hrs.
    Fred_TWK, Ethy202 and Merek_Shadower like this.
  18. The fact is that all other forum sections have also had a huge decrease in activity. I can still see several auction threads in the recently active threads.