Empire Auction Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

Discussion in 'Auctions' started by Krysyy, Aug 4, 2014.

1. is it acceptable to post a poll asking what would be more desirable to receive in an auction?
  2. Yes and you can post that poll in the Market Place Discussions thread or the Miscellaneous thread.
    607 and EmpurressRissa like this.
  3. thank you :)
  4. In most cases auctions have a variable end time. You know: 24hrs or 48hrs after the last valid bid. However, sometimes an auction host decides to set a fixed time as to when the auction should end, and this can be good fun!

However, I'd like to suggest to make the use of 'EMC time' mandatory in those cases, instead of the use of other timezones. I think this will prevent any possible confusion about an ending time, simply because if players are in doubt they can log onto the game, use /time and check for themselves. Of course, the other reason is because most players are already well aware of EMC time, most will even know the time difference with their own local timezone.

As always just my 2 cents.
    607 likes this.
  5. When it says grinders does that include items from the grinders eg blaze rods?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. To my knowledge that mostly refers to the specific player build structure itself, also referred to as a Mob grinder.

A mob grinder is basically a building where mobs gather and get pushed to their death in order to easily collect "mob drops", in other words: items normally dropped by a mob upon death. A zombie usually drops rotten flesh, a skeleton usually drops bones and arrows, and so on. (I realize you probably know the concept, just want to make sure).

So, in other words, you cannot auction such a building or auction its coordinates (or those of any other building for that matter), you can't auction items which don't exist on EMC and finally you cannot auction fictive items / blocks (at least that has always been my impression about 'non tangible', I actually had to look that up the first time I saw it).

Hope this helps!
    607 likes this.
  7. If I auctioned DC's Of Cactus How many DC's am i allowed to auction?
  8. As many as you wish
    607, ProxyPD and ShelLuser like this.
  9. =D Thx For The Info Sachrock
  10. I have a question regarding the one auction at a time rule. I often host auctions back to back. Is the first auction over when a winner is declared, items are paid for or only after they are picked up and gone?

Also, once the auction is paid & picked up, should I use the report function to close the thread?
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  11. The first. I don't believe there is an official ruling for this, but in general you can start a new auction when the current one has a winner declared and you're in the process of sorting out the picking up.

There is no official rule on this either but it is what most players do to help the staff out. Auctions get archived but it is very hard for staff to go over all of them (or follow all of them) to find out if it ended or not. So yeah, I think it can definitely help them to ensure that something ended and can be archived.
    Kytula and 607 like this.
  12. Shel has both of these correct.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. I have a questiom, if I see others auctions which have finished can I report their thread to be closed?
    Kytula likes this.
  14. Might I ask, can a player help staff out by reporting already completed auctions? Or should that be left for the op to do?

As an example: im looking for glass blocks and the search provides completed but not archived auctions. Can I report all those I come across so they get archived?
    607 and Sachrock like this.
  15. haha what are the chances that we ask the same question :p
    607 and Kytula like this.
  16. Best to leave it to the OP or winner, there may be a reason it hasn't been reported.

Ideally the winner would report after they have collected the items as most sellers will want payment before setting up the collection chest.
  17. Sorry, I feel the need to speak up about this. No where in the rules OR on the wiki page does it state a Dirt Destroying Tick Tock can not be sold or auctioned for more than 60k r. I agree that notifying buyers or sellers that they are available for 60k from SS is a good idea. However, either make it officially a RULE or let people spend more if they want.

I am referring to this:

https://empireminecraft.com/threads/dirt-destroying-ticking-tock.69243/

Since it was locked down.
    607, TomvanWijnen, ShelLuser and 3 others like this.
  18. Actually I completely forgot that we had Rewritten the rule on special mob drops in order to simplify it. It is officially an ongoing event because you can purchase it from the senior staff and therefore they are not allowed in auctions at all. I will update that thread as soon as I get home.
  19. So momo picks and bows aint allowed, the same as marlix gear?
  20. It would have helped if you stated this right away and closed said auction instead of making it look like you applied a new rule. Sorry Krysyy: I think you never truly considered this to happen and a bombshell hit you.

For the record: I live up to my actions. So both the host as well as the last bid before me got a nice offer which I hope they won't refuse. See their profiles. Read: I am willing to live up to my initial 65k bid, but I will also respect Xatez bid of 59k and will sell the clock to him for that amount.

I live up to my actions. Unlike some other players on the Empire who make mistakes, then hide behind rules.