Dirt Destroying Ticking Tock

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by Francy0102, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Item: 1 Dirt Destroying Ticking Tock
    Starting Bid: 50k
    Min. Bid Incresement: 3k
    Auction End: 48hours after last valid bid
    Auction Pickup: /v Francy0102 on smp4

ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. 53k
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. As this item is available from Senior Staff continually for a set price, this auction may not exceed 60k.
    Just a heads up.

See last post for updated info.
  4. How so? I mean i now about the SS service, but a colector's item=/= SS service is it?
  5. 59k . i win okay
  6. Kryssy, because its now at 59k and the min increase is 3k. do i win by default. does the auction end? what happens?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. Huh, never heard about that rule.
    UltiPig, ShelLuser and Tuqueque like this.
  8. That's because it's only mentioned when people try to auction it. Otherwise the auctioneer then gets reported for scamming when someone learns that they can purchase it directly from staff.
  9. This is stupid.

Either deny the item from being auctioned off or stop micro managing.

I can come up for a good reason to bid here: it might be delivered faster than through SS services.

Surely you guys could have come up with this BEFORE someone tried to auction this off? Hmm, might there have been a person who foreseen this yet got ignored? I wonder who.

<protest bid>
    ChespinXMas2k16, 607, UltiPig and 5 others like this.
  10. Sorry for a double post, a friend of mine got confused with this, I feel the need to elaborate:

This is unfair, which is why I'm doing this.

When a promo is available it's not allowed to auction this off. For good reasons. So how obvious can it be with regards to items which are being sold constantly?

Also: the last time an "occurrence" happened with an auction (UHC Apple) the auction got cancelled and eventually a new one was started again. The reason for stopping: possible disinformation with the bidders. I see a parallel.

Most of all: you can't just change a rule during a game, that is per definition unfair and why I'm being a pain in the behinds right now. This is unfair towards the host, as well as the bidders.

So I dare ya: either acknowledge my bid (or someone going over me) and learn from this (<===!!) or stop the auction, redefine this rule (with a better ruling than "can't go over 60k" please; that's plain out stupid) and yeah.

Sorry, but this approach has 'unfairness' written all over it.
    607, WitherDoggie and VoxelRay like this.
  11. LMAO wow... People report auctioneers for them not knowing about this SS item giving service, but the rule is ONLY mentioned when auctioneers post an auction with the item... That is a loop that can never be solved. Anyway: I agree with shell in the sense to not leave any grey spaces in the rules.
  12. It's also a collectors item.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. I always sell mine for 50k when Momentus drops it...Since you know, I knew that you could buy it 60k from the seniors.
    ChespinXMas2k16 and ShelLuser like this.
  14. This isn't the first auction that this happened in and we have outlined that you can purchase the item for 60k in the wiki page for the item. We settled on adding the disclaimer of that purchase ability to any auctions that arise before they get to that value because they don't happen frequently. So yes, we did think of this BEFORE this auction was posted.

The auctioneer of THIS auction can contact me if they have any questions and they can decide to sell for the 59k or not, but your bid of 65k is invalid.

EDIT: Krysyy's getting old...

We actually changed the rule regarding these items on June 4th, 2016.
    The DDTT is NOT allowed to be auctioned off and this auction is invalid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.