[Contest] Life Changes Poetry/Prose Contest

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Tbh this may exclude me then, as my idea is kinda horrific* (Lovecraftian Horror, think celestial beings on a giant and complex scale)...

* Not graphic or gory per se, but likely not family friendly.
  2. Nobody answered the "does it have to be after the websites are up" question. I wrote a poem in English 3 last semester, and I kinda wanna use that (or my friends will voluntold me :/).
    CloverOcean and 607 like this.
  3. You may use whatever you have from your arsenal of poetry, as long as you wrote it.
    607 likes this.
  4. A good rule of thumb to follow is that if it wouldn't be allowed on the Disney Channel, then it won't be allowed here. As Hash so aptly described already, it is very possible to explain a death in an appropriate way instead of an overly explicit manner. The submissions will be viewable by the community after the judging is complete. If it's not suitable for an EMC forum post (in the controversial section), then it's not suitable for a submission. If that makes you not want to participate, then so be it. Or you could challenge yourself and write appropriately.
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  5. I wouldn't say it's about appropriate ness, more like, would the general audience enjoy it at all? Like the more I think about it the less I want to, due to restrictions and my general stuff not being liked and stuff.
    AltPunisher and TomvanWijnen like this.
  6. That's your choice. The judges will not be grading this based on a set enjoyment 1-5 scale or anything like that. They will be looking at the piece as a whole and how it matches the prompt, originality, etc.
    607 likes this.
  7. I'll give it a shot, just your discretion if you want to display it. I will do my best to keep in theme and within Disney level. BUT I am usually a really bad judge of this sorta thing.
  8. I’ve written mine down in notes (I was too hyped for today :p)
  9. "will be up by September 1..." *looks at the calendar, sigh*
    CloverOcean and Impulsive_Egg like this.
  10. What's wrong? Why so hasty to submit? :p
    CloverOcean likes this.
  11. the fact that every friend that knows this poem has been shoving me to submit (well, most of them, enough to drive me nuts)
    CloverOcean likes this.
  12. I'm going to try writing this.
    CloverOcean likes this.
  13. Didn't expect people to take me out early for my birthday. Slight delay, but I'll do my best to have up this weekend.
    CloverOcean and Impulsive_Egg like this.
  14. Wait, I missed a birthday? Happy (belated?) birthday. Sorry for the push.
    CloverOcean, Krysyy and 607 like this.
  15. Lol it's today, and thanks
    Stnywitness and CloverOcean like this.
  16. Happy birthday to u
    CloverOcean and Krysyy like this.
  17. happy birthday krysyy!!!!!!
    simcity2000, CloverOcean and Krysyy like this.
  18. happy bday krysyy and hope you have a great bday
    Krysyy likes this.
  19. Yeah I, for one, am still trying to figure out what the theme even means. I assume it's supposed to be the author's reflection on growing up? That should be okay with me since I'm obsessed with the idea of that and I'm going through the most changes I've ever had at this exact moment in time, but still.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  20. I'm half-way done. :) I'd like to get the draft finished tomorrow, though, as after that university starts.
    But yeah, for you, that theme would certainly work. Alternatively, you could also write about what changed when 'she' came into your life.
    CloverOcean and AltPunisher like this.