[Contest] Life Changes Poetry/Prose Contest

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Aug 24, 2018.

1. The vernacular 'sending prayers your way' indicates the direction of prayers told, but to whatever higher being chosen. So sending prayers to the flood victims in this case means that you are praying for them, directing the attention of your own pray time towards their problem. English is confusing, I know.
  2. Ah, thanks! :) That's good to know.
  3. Lol, you know what I mean ;)
    607 likes this.
  4. Krysyy is a god of emc :p
    Stnywitness and Gamemaker888 like this.
  5. So are the winners going to be posted at all? I'm wondering.
  6. The winners are decided. I almost posted last night, but I did say I'd post everyone's submissions too, and there are a lot that need reformatting to show up well in the forums. I still haven't quite figured out how to accomplish that and what I tried last night resulted in an abysmal attempt. So I'll be posting this weekend for sure. Maybe even Friday...
  7. Kryssy, would it be easier for the individual's themselves to post into a topic? And at their choice? That way, those who only wanted to share with the contest judges can leave their's unposted? This would also put formatting squarely on the author's shoulders. And I remember from my schooling that there are some formats for particular forms of poetry or writing, etc. and the Author's can ensure that it's properly formatted without pestering you about it so much.

I don't know if you can lock posting to a particular person, or persons though on the forum, however to prevent individuals from posting in between with their comments or critiques.
    Stnywitness likes this.
  8. The entry form included an option to have your name associated with your entry or not. The format/style will be associated with each post, so that the players know what it was intended to be. Formatting is mostly done. Only a few that were using odd tidbits are throwing things off... I will likely end up making a new thread with all submissions as separate posts within. There is not an option to do what you said with the limiting of who posts to have the actual authors do so, at least not in the way you intend.
    607, Stnywitness, MoreMoople and 2 others like this.
  9. I was not sure on the posting limit. Thank you Kryssy, it had been so long since I submitted, I couldn't recall whether or not authors had to sign their submissions, or if we could be anonymous.
    607 and Stnywitness like this.
  10. Okay, thanks for clifacation
  11. Ok... I’m hyped! :D
  12. I hope enough people will be anonymous for it not to be too easy to tell whose the anonymous submissions are. :p
  13. There's no public list of participants, so even if there's just one anonymous entry, people won't be able to figure out who it is by process of elimination. Some people have may have gone anonymous who noted they were submitting on the thread, but I don't think anyone's going to go poking through the thread to figure out who submitted who isn't on the list, and even then there's no guarantee that those people actually ended up submitting.
  14. Omg this is such a big change moople
    MoreMoople likes this.