[Contest] Life Changes Poetry/Prose Contest

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Aug 24, 2018.

1. I have suspicions, the English teacher might have objections ;)
  2. Anyone who has received a signed book from me in game should know that I write a small poem with it ;)

I haven’t written creatively for a while now though, hopefully I’ll get a chance to write and enter something :3
  3. What a great idea! I love it! :)
  4. hi krysyy does the poem have to be long or can it be short and is the theme about ur life or emc life ;p
  5. Woo!! Hoping to enter something :D this is awesome!
    ItsDicey likes this.
  6. Hmmm I've done a poem, but I'm not for sure if it'll follow the "Life Changes" to everyone... lemme count the words...
    Oh ya it fits. :)
    CloverOcean and ItsDicey like this.
  7. This event is write up my alley *ignore that terrible pun*
    It is actually my kind of event lol, maybe I'll enter if I am feeling up to it :)
  8. You do from me!

However, I'm neither judge nor influencer so these points may not be worth much on the open market.
  9. I would do this since I love poetry but I won't cause I am too nervous lol so good luck all :p
    (Unless I find the courage to do one :p)
    boscodo and CloverOcean like this.
  10. Yayyy! I love this!!

I am SUPER busy but will try to fish something out of my older files to enter.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  11. Now this is my kind of contest! I look forward to it
    607 and Jelle68 like this.
  12. So exciting! I have a question though, lets say, before hearing of this contest, some random person; could be anyone really! Had just put the finishing touches on a poem, about life changes, specifically, (ironically enough) would they be allowed to enter that poem? Or should they write a whole new one for this contest? Again, could be anyone, you know, not speaking about myself necessarily, although I definitely just finished a poem about life changes and I nearly coughed up my tea from laughing at the irony.

Definitely find the courage! Writing is liberating! And this community is wonderful, there's no reason to be nervous! :D
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  13. I'm not really that much of a writer. Think you'll have to count me out for this one, to be honest.
  14. Are we going to see everyone's poem at the end, or will we only be able to see the winners?
  15. Very much looking forward to entering, provided that nothing in my life changes and pushes this to the back burner.

607, ZanDarkin, BlinkyBinky and 2 others like this.
  16. I'm not sure if your pun was intended or just a happy accident. Even so, no matter what you should write about it :D
  17. Nice! I think this is the best way to show off my true author skills! I wont let you down in delivering the perfect poem!:):p
  18. Calling Kephras, come in Kephras. Or has your life changed too much to get involved?

Wait, why am I calling him? Sorry everyone else!
    MoreMoople and 607 like this.
  19. Hmm... Interesting concept :),
    I like how I find this just when my life has had the biggest changes I've ever had,
    - start studying,
    - living on my own,
    - moving to another city
    - new friends, new culture

Maybe I'll find some inspiration there, if I have time :p
    MoreMoople, 607 and EvilBlo like this.