Community Brainstorming Session 101

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, Apr 21, 2014.

1. 1 I want to see more events/games
    2 I want an IPhone/mobile version of the forums
    3 I want a capture the flag or a scavenger hunt.
    4 I want to see giant towers or game refrences on 120x120 residences
    5 how are we gonna deal with the name change update? I know a lot of people are gonna do it and cause problems.
    The empire shall… shall ………shall ………… oh! Shall impro- no.….……… darn
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Mobile optimization will come with the new xenforo update, so there will be no need for an app. :)
    mba2012, 607, kyle12cu1 and 2 others like this.
  3. There's a reason for that, though. If you got promos every single month, would they seem as special? To be honest, we are getting plenty of promos per year at the moment, and I don't think we need twelve extras on top of that.
    607, Equinox_Boss and cddm95ace like this.
  4. -What do you want to see on the Empire?
    1. Wild land claiming, ideally with perms and ability to TP to town. (i.e. "Empires").
    I hope we don't have to wait another year for this, but I appreciate progress.

2. EMC Gameplay not ruined with bugs and/or strict rules or extreme lag (mostly ok so far).
    From time to time this resurfaces as an issue in various forms that could cause long time players and supporters to leave. Thankfully, staff usually listens to the players.

3. And, as soon as possible, Bug EMC-490 fixed (the permanent chickens ruining /entc and wild bases).
    Or an optional /kill chickens command for the wild, with confirmation :).
    http://track.empire.us/issue/EMC-490
    Update: Aikar fixed this bug. Thanks!
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/big-fixes-misc-updates-4-26-14.38719/

-What buildings do you want on 120 x 120 residences?
    Something that involves a huge drop and then slime bouncing blocks below :).
  5. -What do you want to see on the Empire?
    I honestly like the empire the way it is right now. However, more events that do not require item loss (i.e. The Empire Games, that was great) would help in tightening the community.
    -What do you want to see on the Forums?
    A separate "Recently Active" box for auctions and discussions. That way, auctions won't crowd ut discussions, and vice versa.
    -What contests do you want to see hosted?
    As said earlier, contests that do not require the loss of items would be nice. Some ideas would be minigames that will test a players skill (i.e. Parkour, Tiny Adventure Maps, Puzzles). Kit based Pvp may work as well.
    Adventure maps.
    -What else did I not mention?
    New aspects of the "Community" part of EMC. Mainly, we have been given survival updates, which isn't bad, but adding a boss that requires teamwork to kill, maybe a "Spider Queen" that spawns something like enraged spiders or so. A community build off or build showcases would be nice. Best case scenario, Akair codes something that will convince the people in the empire to group together and do something.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Perhaps at the beggining of each month, we would just get a renamed item that is themed to the month and it would say "Its MONTH! Have fun!" in a themed color.
    EDIT: No ability. Just like a dragon poo, just less rare. (It could change each year) We would still get the normal promos.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. -What do you want to see on the Empire?
    I want to see outposts improve. I want new players to know more ABOUT outposts. I'm not saying I want them all to try to make one, but I think we should try to see more improvement done for it.
    I personally want to see vaulting in town for free without buying vault vouchers. Whats the point in visiting any other server when it costs to switch things over? It's hard for me to move my main supplies from smp1 to any place else when to do large amounts of transfers, I have to spend more. But that is mainly personal.
    -What do you want to see on the Forums?
    I want to see the front page change. I want there to be a place where it shows the top threads of the week or day. Not the most recently posted.
    Not the same 'ole mob arenas or fire floors (No offense!) time some other things, get more of the newer mods to do some of their own contests, for example I know ArtemisV likes horses, so to suit taste, make a horse racing contest held? That is just an example.
    Not mega malls. Maybe public places that are fun. Theme parks, parkour challenges, drop spots for public use
    We should start a program where older players (To a certain day old) help newer players. Like while you're online you can sign up, and pair up with a newer player and teach them some things.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. TL;DR

Maybe it would be cool to hold a contest to design a new minigame for one of the 120x120 reses.
    Equinox_Boss and Jake_bagby like this.
  9. What do you want to see on the Empire? Survival Games. JackbBggin had a test a couple weeks back for it, and I had fun on it.
    -What do you want to see on the Forums? A special part just for auctions to be seen on the home page.
    -What contests do you want to see hosted? Although I love Mob Arena, I'd like to see more events that new players have a real sot at winning on a regular basis. Mob Arena takes quite a bit of time/money to get the right armor/weapons.
    -What buildings do you want on 120 x 120 residences? Vatican City
    -What else did I not mention? Make the forums more mobile user friendly
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. How about a 120 by 120 horse track
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Well even though 1 or 2 of my ideas in the past have already been done even though quite a few players would complain about having them..

ie: PVP arena/area which I created a topic about it months before it was implemented yet something really similar to my idea was done and yet no recognition... http://empireminecraft.com/threads/a-new-idea-for-those-empty-emc-plot-s.33117/

Or allowing regular players to become invisible (my idea was more along the lines of veteran players which is covered in the topic below). But luckily Aikar did seem to state and implement it after I brought it up in a topic he made shortly before it was made official.

But the other thing within one of my topics was the ability to use TNT for regular members (veteran players, also covered in the same topic). So if you want to see my idea head over to: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/ideas-for-veteran-players-of-emc-1-18-13.20388/

Other then that can't think of anything right now. Maybe ill add to this later.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. What do you want to see on the Empire?
    More reasons to do cross server travel. At the moment most players like myself just stay on one smp and dont do many travel to other smps except for event like arena, emc games, firefloor, nether spleef and so on.
    -What do you want to see on the Forums? Wiki?
    What I would really want is easier navigation in the wiki pages. At the moment I'm relying on bookmarks for wiki navigation as you can only navigate the wiki though links. Maybe a navigation tree would help. It took me forever to find the command for res tags where this should have been easy to find (its not in the command page btw).
    Contest that put forward more of the EMC builds by players (anything other than malls). We need real landmarks that EMC can use to promote itself
    Anything other than farms
    I cannot think of anything although having chickens stop spawning in my mob traps would be good (EMC-490)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Nilex92 likes this.
  14. Res digging should be a command, /res dig? It takes many mind numbing hours to dig a res and I know it has made some people lose interest in EMC because of it, "Oh, I should play EMC! Oh wait, I need to dig my res if I go on there but I don't want to dig my res." *Possibly even a month or 2 later* "What's this server? *join* oh right EMC, this server sucks, I'm stuck digging a whole res. I think I'll go back to that other server I've been playing" A command might be very helpful ;)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Do you mean a command to clear the res of dirt?
    That's a senior staff service if so.
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  16. It is? O.O
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. We need this!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. its 60k on the service site, why not just make it cost 60k with the command?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. EMC is 100% unique and no other server is alike... also we don't use 3rd party ideas and plugins :)
    Altimamaxx and Equinox_Boss like this.