Community Brainstorming Session 101

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, Apr 21, 2014.

1. YES. I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN THE EGG OF TIME OMG.

Anyways, I'll be happy if the Youtube title thing comes out. :3
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Why should editing posts be limited to only Mods?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. -What do you want to see on the Forums?
    • Eventual update of Xenforo to latest version (I know hatorijr is working on this, so thank you for that)
    • A 'Creativity and Media' or 'Creative Media' type of forum section.
    • Some of these features will probably need the xenforo update to work:-
    1. An Event Calendar of some kind
    2. Resource section (Not sure about this one actually, there may be distribution issues, just an idea. This is where approved mods can be uploaded if possible, people can share resource packs etc. However, all files have to be approved by staff and virus checked before being available to download. This can also be a place to share EMC specific applications such as shopkeeper.)
    -What contests do you want to see hosted?
    Again, different types of events. Not just in game ones. As sonicol has said, contests related to events or holidays or themes. We've had Halloween ones in the past, why not one for easter (although, might be a bit late for that now lol. But also note that these shouldn't be just american things, they really kind of annoy me to be honest, they should be worldwide events). Events for creativity would be good. Stories, videos, art......the possibilities are endless.....
    NZScruffy and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. Also: Shoutbox.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Again, every aspect is optional, if you don't agree with the "OP" simply don't use them :)
    Once difficulty setting is out, crank it up to 10, do away with the promo items, try to take on a momentus, and trust me, you will have whole new meanings for the words "fun" and "challenge" :cool:
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. don't you ever say those words together. ever. again. ever.

.... ever.
  7. 607, Silken_thread and Equinox_Boss like this.
  8. This.
    This has been a problem for too long. I used to be on the other side of the fence where I was like 'But if auctions aren't in the recent thread box, then no one will be able to bid'. Not everyone is interested in auctions, I used to be, but rarely am I anymore. It seems that auctions take up the majority of the recent thread box and just seeing auctions to me just seems to destroy the sense of community because there are no/little 'normal' threads.

I'm not sure what we can do about this though. I know there has been a vote on this in the past and the vote was to keep them there. I would....
    a) Want to see a new vote on this
    b) find a way to separate them onto either;
    -Their own box
    -Toggle ability to turn them on/off.
    As I've said, I'm not sure if the toggle ability is feasible. I'd like to hear Aikar's/hatorijr's opinion on this. :)
    AlexChance, Equinox_Boss and sonicol1 like this.
  9. 607, Equinox_Boss and RainbowChin like this.
  10. I would like too see deffrent pets maybe thats just a thoght
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. I have posted an entire thread about this before and it seemed 50/50 on it. The people that I polled had almost a 100% choice of there should be a fly flag on utopia, but the people that commented on it were hating on the idea (It wasn't even constructive criticism). I would still love to see fly flags implemented in utopia so that I can build a parkour on my utopia residence. I would hate to not admit diamond members simply because they can fly. It would just be so much easier if there was some kind of fly flag on utopia residences. This would also help me for my roof-top drop party so I could prevent people from flying up to the drops. I just feel like having a fly flag would open up tons of new ideas that can be built on utopia that couldn't normally be built because they worry about diamond members just flying to the end of the parkour.
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  14. but isn't yours wide loaded with an entire section of threads? mine is just individual ones. or did i read that wrong before?
    if a perk for supporter was just handed out.. then there is no more incentive to actually support the empire :(

wait... do you mean to STOP people from flying?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. I would like too see SkyBlock
  16. No my original suggestion was to just ignore individual threads, so I think you read it wrong again. :p Although I suppose an additional feature would be to ignore an entire section of threads if you would want to. :)
    Equinox_Boss and battmeghs like this.
  17. I was thinking of maybe monthly promos, a promo based on the months season.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. Well honestly I think the mob arena is a little harsh because when you die with all thouse items you collected you pretty much just wasted it all in a single mob areana and the winner would find them a really big use because they allready have armor & golden apples to win the mob arena.which is why i dont go to them :L but an idea i want to see is a Call of duty/Team fortress 2 style Mob arena or pvp where players select diffrent class's which are diffrent sets of armors and weapens maybee potion effects that you can only use in the area andthe player can swicth them anytime they go respawn in battle that would bee really worth going instead of losing valuable armor & weapons any of you agree or disagree? I am not sure if its gonna be good for attracting Tf2 call of duty fans :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. Thats cool! we dont get promos often
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. I think a portal to a mini game world would be nice. Just a few simple games to keep players from getting bored with gathering and such. Like red light green light, maybe a horse race track, and like a snowball fight.. just some examples tho. I dont think anyone wants a ton of mini games, but i think a modest amount, say 3-5 max, would keep things fun.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.